The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
So. I finally listened to the interview. Other than the mendes comment. It’s not terrible. He conveys his plan. How he wants nhl team to look. Age brackets. Make up. Why and how he didn’t want to pay the guys. BUT it kind of crumbles when you realize the fact that he did in fact try to sign them. But it’s well known he didn’t want to give NMCs. Does that mean he planned on trading them in 2-3 years? If so. Honestly. It makes sense in a vacuum. Not in today nhl though lmao
The comments about the mayor and the Leafs were certainly questionable

Reactions: billpo and Icelevel

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
So. I finally listened to the interview. Other than the mendes comment. It’s not terrible. He conveys his plan. How he wants nhl team to look. Age brackets. Make up. Why and how he didn’t want to pay the guys. BUT it kind of crumbles when you realize the fact that he did in fact try to sign them. But it’s well known he didn’t want to give NMCs. Does that mean he planned on trading them in 2-3 years? If so. Honestly. It makes sense in a vacuum. Not in today nhl though lmao

He treatened the Mayor to shut up or he'll talk about the Mayor xD

Reactions: Icelevel

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

It was.

Reactions: Acidrain66

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The best "bots" were the ones from a few months ago. The first couple tweets would be just generic tweets like "going to get food" followed by full-blown Melnyk worship.

Well, those were probably real attempts by the team at influencing the conversation. These newer ones are just fans having fun, and probably in disbelief that people actually think they're the same as the real bots.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This twitter aspect is another hilarious thing. Clearly from some bozo's just trolling ala that season of South Park where Gerald was Skankhunt42 :laugh:

Just a gong show from every aspect of the Ottawa Senators. Management, Ownership, players, social media, fans.

Just get out your surfboard and ride the wave, this is gold.

Reactions: Deku

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Well, those were probably real attempts by the team at influencing the conversation. These newer ones are just fans having fun, and probably in disbelief that people actually think they're the same as the real bots.
Which just goes to show you how little trust there is from fans.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The comments about the mayor and the Leafs were certainly questionable
Please. No one here liked the comments about the leafs screwing their srebuild?

If he was worth 10 billion and we were good right now we would have all loved that.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

If he was worth 10 billion and we were good right now we would have all loved that.

I've been harping on Toronto ignoring their blueline for the last few years now, so clearly I'm in that camp.

I dare anyone to tell me that they wouldn't like Toronto's cup chances a lot more if they'd taken that $11mil/year Tavares money and put it towards a legit #1 defenceman.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Yeah, the market is still flawed.

Happily, today, it sounds like he is willing to spend in spite of attendance. That is good, isn't it? I have season tickets, and it is not reassuring to go to games of 10K all season, knowing that the owner said he was going to tie revenues to payroll. So, for me personally, that is good news. But I want action, and proof of it. If Chabot gets extended the right way, it will signal to me that there is hope.

Until there is action that counters the narrative of minimizing all costs then it’s pretty hard to buy into this.

The players budget isn’t the only department that needs investment. Why can’t we increase spending on scouting and development now if our focus is 100% rebuild?

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
Peeks in after a hiatus like always...

It never ceases to be a circus when it comes to the NHL sports scene here in Ottawa, does it.

My gods. Just...no words anymore.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
It’s actually quite comical.

This will be something we’ll all look back and have a great guffaw over.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

They were stupid comments. He just traded away Erik Karlsson and has one of the historically bad defensive teams with little in the cupboard and he wants to shit on the Leaf's D. Absolutely pathetic. Does this mean we have to pass on potential generational offensive players in the future just so we can have some D?

The man is moron and should shut his mouth. The Leafs began rebuilding barely 4 years ago and are already contenders.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I've been harping on Toronto ignoring their blueline for the last few years now, so clearly I'm in that camp.

I dare anyone to tell me that they wouldn't like Toronto's cup chances a lot more if they'd taken that $11mil/year Tavares money and put it towards a legit #1 defenceman.
Agreed. Just looked bush for an owner to criticize another team. But I thought it was funny to see all of Toronto lose their minds

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
please man...enuf of your BS already...now you're a big businessman...please...
It's true. Jim Watson is a cutthroat. He plays the game hard and is deserving of a bit of attrition...he just puts on the Uncle Jimbo persona for the media.

Reactions: coladin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad