The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I appreciate the words, but I want action as well. How is this hypocritical.

What shall I do? Not accept it? The players are gone, and they are not coming back. I can quit cheering and find a new team, or accept it and hope for the best. In order to have hope, I need to see something this summer with Chabot. Not a 3 year rinkydink deal. i want him here. Period.

It isn't about getting over it or not. I have accepted it. And it wasn't a surprise to anyone, was it? Yes, I do not want a rebuild, but that is where this is heading.

And if they mess up Chabot, what then? When is the last straw? Does the goal post get moved to Brady? Or whoever we pick in 2020?

You can absolutely not accept that. That is a perfectly fine, reasonable answer. That the words that have been provided are not nearly sufficient, and largely blatant lies. And that the minimum action they are required to doesn't actually start to make up for how much they've wrecked this team.

Or you can keep redrawing the line everytime EM opens his mouth. Your call.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

That account is probably a troll account meant to look like an obvious Melnyk bot account. The tweets are just so over the top and are worded in such a strange way. No normal person tweets that way, where they directly link to the Sens products.

It could be a bot account....but it's probably just someone messing around by making a gimmick account meant to look like a bot account. It's too obvious. (The tweets were funny though)

Reactions: Peptic Balcers

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
What do you think he said this time around that is any worse than what he's spewed every time he's on tv/radio/social media over the last 2 years? I'm honestly curious how you viewed it. It was obviously a PR nightmare, but I'm not convinced there was anything new or damning that would get the league involved at this point if they aren't already.

Disclaimer: I do think the league is already involved to a certain extent, just not sure the last couple of interviews move the needle more than Lebreton falling apart, ect.

For me personally? Implicitly splitting the fanbase into real fans, and not real fans. He's never quite gone that far in directly saying that.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Why should Chabot sign a long term deal? Anyone?

As a young guy who hasn't yet gotten a truly big payday he'll be have to decide between a pretty big payday in a bad situation vs playing a year with the ever-present risk of a career ending injury. Most players would take the former.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
That account is probably a troll account meant to look like an obvious Melnyk bot account. The tweets are just so over the top and are worded in such a strange way. No normal person tweets that way, where they directly link to the Sens products.

It could be a bot account....but it's probably just someone messing around by making a gimmick account meant to look like a bot account. It's too obvious. (The tweets were funny though)

It's 100% someone ****ing around and I'm amazed people think it's a bot account.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Attacking a beloved member of the media both on a general level, and on a local level, is pretty bad.

Going after another franchise which happens to be the biggest one in the league, is really bad too.

Further alienating the fanbase but also the mayor with personal jabs and actual threats is serious stuff.

All this on top of the **** mountain he's already built is reaching a boiling point imo. He's destroying the market. I don't know if anything will change, but as I said I do believe Bettman will be getting involved to make sure he doesn't say or do anything to further hurt this market since that is his main concern.

I just don't think his attacks on the media, the fan base or the mayor are anything all that new. You may have a point with the shot at the Leafs, but that seemed rather innocent compared to everything else.

I don't disagree with your overall point (organization being a steaming pile, EM hurting the market, Bettman getting involved in some capacity) I just don't think his recent interviews made (too) much of a difference in that regard.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I feel like I've been told to go away by the owner himself.
Mission accomplished.

Been nearly 2 years now since I've been to a game when I used to go to at least 60% of home games and I likely won't watch a Sens game that isnt a Belleville game until next season.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's 100% someone ****ing around and I'm amazed people think it's a bot account.

I don't doubt that they astroturf in some shape or form.

It's just, that account linked above is way too over the top.

Whoever made the account did a good job, it's funny. If that's actually a bot account, it's hilariously transparent.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
And just what is that plan?
“We need a team that is consistently young,” Melnyk told CFRA host Bill Carroll. “We need a handful of veterans to take them through some of the rough patches . . . but our average age two years from now is going to be 23, 24. It’s going to be the youngest team.
“And I’m hoping to have a five- or six-year run with these players.”.....rinse and repeat!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I hadn't even noticed his comment about Stone being too old for a long-term contract.

He's 26 years old. :laugh:
He thought Cowen was still with the team, I highly doubt he knows anything about our players or prospect. He's like a casual fan that goes to the games for a beer (nothing wrong with that whatsoever) and knows the big name players.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
And if they mess up Chabot, what then? When is the last straw? Does the goal post get moved to Brady? Or whoever we pick in 2020?

You can absolutely not accept that. That is a perfectly fine, reasonable answer. That the words that have been provided are not nearly sufficient, and largely blatant lies. And that the minimum action they are required to doesn't actually start to make up for how much they've wrecked this team.

Or you can keep redrawing the line everytime EM opens his mouth. Your call.
It is my call. Not yours or anyone else’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad