The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I dont think those are Sens generated accounts. That is more of a fan making the fake accounts in order to make it look like the Sens did it.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
I am not justifying anything he did. I have season tickets and the last thing I wanted was a rebuild.

I know there is more to the Lebreton story, you have already made up your mind, but there are two sides to a story and on this one, three or four.

Yes, it is terrible planning, never said otherwise. You couldn't understand what I typed, that doesn't make me a hypocrite. And you reiterated exactly that you do not understand.

For someone who didn't want a rebuild, you sure seem to have gotten over it quickly.

I understood exactly what you said. I'm not wrong because you don't agree with my assessment of your statements.

Reactions: billpo

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I am not justifying anything he did. I have season tickets and the last thing I wanted was a rebuild.

I know there is more to the Lebreton story, you have already made up your mind, but there are two sides to a story and on this one, three or four.

Yes, it is terrible planning, never said otherwise. You couldn't understand what I typed, that doesn't make me a hypocrite. And you reiterated exactly that you do not understand.

It would be great if instead of hiding behind "I know stuff", if you could, without actually getting granular, yoy could explain whay what you know leads to you to believe what you believe.

If you can't then don't bring up like a spoiled child would.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
For someone who didn't want a rebuild, you sure seem to have gotten over it quickly.

I understood exactly what you said. I'm not wrong because you don't agree with my assessment of your statements.
I appreciate the words, but I want action as well. How is this hypocritical.

What shall I do? Not accept it? The players are gone, and they are not coming back. I can quit cheering and find a new team, or accept it and hope for the best. In order to have hope, I need to see something this summer with Chabot. Not a 3 year rinkydink deal. i want him here. Period.

It isn't about getting over it or not. I have accepted it. And it wasn't a surprise to anyone, was it? Yes, I do not want a rebuild, but that is where this is heading.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This is good guys. Melnyk managed to piss off the entire media industry by zeroing in on one of its most beloved members in Ian Mendes. Now the pressure to sell will not only come from us fans, but from every other market, which just might finally get the league itself involved.

Thanks for this Eugene, you complete tool.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I appreciate the words, but I want action as well. How is this hypocritical.

What shall I do? Not accept it? The players are gone, and they are not coming back. I can quit cheering and find a new team, or accept it and hope for the best. In order to have hope, I need to see something this summer with Chabot. Not a 3 year rinkydink deal. i want him here. Period.

It isn't about getting over it or not. I have accepted it. And it wasn't a surprise to anyone, was it? Yes, I do not want a rebuild, but that is where this is heading.

Why are these the only two options?

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It would be great if instead of hiding behind "I know stuff", if you could, without actually getting granular, yoy could explain whay what you know leads to you to believe what you believe.

If you can't then don't bring up like a spoiled child would.
I am not allowed, if you want you can PM me. But the powers that be here have deleted stuff that I posted because you have to be vetted, whatever the f*** that is .

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What do you have in mind?

If your kid crashes his car into a family of four I'm pretty sure the only options aren't to either disown him or suck it up, pretend like nothing happened and move on.

I love the Sens, but I don't love them to the point where I'm blind to their mistakes and the negativity that surrounds them at this point in time. I can still be a fan of the team while being critical about the aspects I deem worthy. That doesn't mean all negativity all the time, but it does mean being critical of them and their moves when necessary.

This whole "if you're a fan you support your team at all times, no matter what" line of thinking irks me. It's an oversimplification to the nth degree and removes any ability for a fan to think for themselves and removes all fault from the organization.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is good guys. Melnyk managed to piss off the entire media industry by zeroing in on one of its most beloved members in Ian Mendes. Now the pressure to sell will not only come from us fans, but from every other market, which just might finally get the league itself involved.

Thanks for this Eugene, you complete tool.
I’m way past the point of looking for silver linings in Melnyks stupidity.

Every time we tell ourselves this it gets worse.

Reactions: stempniaksen

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If your kid crashes his car into a family of four I'm pretty sure the only options aren't to either disown him or suck it up, pretend like nothing happened and move on.

I love the Sens, but I don't love them to the point where I'm blind to their mistakes and the negativity that surrounds them at this point in time. I can still be a fan of the team while being critical about the aspects I deem worthy. That doesn't mean all negativity all the time, but it does mean being critical of them and their moves when necessary.

This whole "if you're a fan you support your team at all times, no matter what" line of thinking irks me. It's an oversimplification to the nth degree and removes any ability for a fan to think for themselves and removes all fault from the organization.
How does a kid crashing into a family of four have anything in common with a sports team? Is someone now, on top of saying I am a crook businessman, going to say I am a lousy parent too?

Who says I am not critical? There is a lot I don't like, a lot I hate. No one pays attention to it. You can support the team and be critical, where have I stated otherwise? You all keep putting words in my mouth, making horrible assumptions and make them fact. I support this team at all times, and will always do so. Through thick and thin. But I want a new owner, I wanted the coach fired long ago. I wanted Smith waived and gone. I wanted a lot of things. I wanted Stone and Duchene, or neither. Posters here focus on the fact that yes, I like that he admitted that the fans are pissed, and yes, I like the fact that he said that he will spend, regardless of attendance. Yes, the mayor, sorry people of Ottawa, the mayor has some tendencies that on a professional level are inappropriate and manipulative. He is absolutely not wrong on that. I have seen it firsthand, the mayor is not to be crossed, he will bury you.

When I say I like something the owners says, people jump all over it and make me out to be a Melnyk-lover, a lackey, a shill, hypocrite, and just today, an unscrupulous, crooked businessman, a new low for this board. Is that right?

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
This interview was just a terrible display from an awful excuse for a human being. Props to Ian for taking the high road on Twitter, I'm not sure I could have done the same thing.

I'd rather have no team than a team owned by someone as embarrassing as Melnyk. He is an embarrassment to the city and the franchise - and I'm not going to be associated with it. Definitely not a "real fan" now Eugene!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I’m way past the point of looking for silver linings in Melnyks stupidity.

Every time we tell ourselves this it gets worse.

I'm honestly convinced he's finally gotten the league worried enough about him that they'll feel obligated to get involved directly before he says or does anything else. Not saying it still can't get temporarily worse for us fans, but I do believe Melnyk's crossed a line here with these comments.

There's only so much "circus" the NHL can handle.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm honestly convinced he's finally gotten the league worried enough about him that they'll feel obligated to get involved directly before he says or does anything else. Not saying it still can't get temporarily worse for us fans, but I do believe Melnyk's crossed a line here with these comments.

There's only so much "circus" the NHL can handle.

What do you think he said this time around that is any worse than what he's spewed every time he's on tv/radio/social media over the last 2 years? I'm honestly curious how you viewed it. It was obviously a PR nightmare, but I'm not convinced there was anything new or damning that would get the league involved at this point if they aren't already.

Disclaimer: I do think the league is already involved to a certain extent, just not sure the last couple of interviews move the needle more than Lebreton falling apart, ect.

00antho

#MelnykOut
Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa
What do you think he said this time around that is any worse than what he's spewed every time he's on tv/radio/social media over the last 2 years? I'm honestly curious how you viewed it. It was obviously a PR nightmare, but I'm not convinced there was anything new or damning that would get the league involved at this point if they aren't already.

Disclaimer: I do think the league is already involved to a certain extent, just not sure the last couple of interviews move the needle more than Lebreton falling apart, ect.
Unfortunately, he didn't threaten to move the team this time, so the league won't get more involved if/than they already are

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Attacking a beloved member of the media both on a general level, and on a local level, is pretty bad.

Going after another franchise which happens to be the biggest one in the league, is really bad too.

Further alienating the fanbase but also the mayor with personal jabs and actual threats is serious stuff.

All this on top of the shit mountain he's already built is reaching a boiling point imo. He's destroying the market. I don't know if anything will change, but as I said I do believe Bettman will be getting involved to make sure he doesn't say or do anything to further hurt this market since that is his main concern.

Reactions: billpo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad