The Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Hey Guys, So a bunch of us are coming down the weekend of Sept 25 to see the cardinals vs. Rams play. we are there for the game cause none of us cheer for either team (though i guess we are cards fans that weekend). i was wondering in late September where would all the good bars be (we are a group ranging from 23-38). As well as the game is in Glendale and the coyotes will be at ASU (tempe?) we are hoping for a chance at a pre-season game where woudl you recommend staying city wise.

bonus points for any good golf courses to hit up which will rent us clubs

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Hey Guys, So a bunch of us are coming down the weekend of Sept 25 to see the cardinals vs. Rams play. we are there for the game cause none of us cheer for either team (though i guess we are cards fans that weekend). i was wondering in late September where would all the good bars be (we are a group ranging from 23-38). As well as the game is in Glendale and the coyotes will be at ASU (tempe?) we are hoping for a chance at a pre-season game where woudl you recommend staying city wise.

bonus points for any good golf courses to hit up which will rent us clubs
IIRC we aren't going to have any home preseason games in Tempe. (also I checked, ASU's first home game is 10/14 https://thesundevils.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule/2022-23)

It will still be pretty toasty here in late September so plan accordingly...I've only been to one Cardinals game in 15 years out there, so I'll let someone else advise you on whether that's a good enough area bar-wise to stay out there or not on a game weekend.

krown

Apr 25, 2007
vancouver
Greetings. I'll be in Scottsdale in a few weeks and wondering if there is a good Arizona Cardinals team store nearby where I can get a cap? I don't want to drive all the way down to the official team store in Glendale. Extra props if I can find a better designs than the run of the mill ones they have online at Fanatics. Thanks!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Greetings. I'll be in Scottsdale in a few weeks and wondering if there is a good Arizona Cardinals team store nearby where I can get a cap? I don't want to drive all the way down to the official team store in Glendale. Extra props if I can find a better designs than the run of the mill ones they have online at Fanatics. Thanks!

Team store no, but Just Sports is a local chain of sportswear stores that will have team branded official stuff.

Lids is probably another option. No idea how their stock compares to the fanatics stuff though., Fanatics garbage is 90% of the reason I don't buy sports apparel anymore.

krown

Apr 25, 2007
vancouver
We have a Lids in Canada and it seems their gear is exactly the same as the stuff that's on Fanatics... generic branded stuff. I did find some good stuff online on the Just Sports website so will definitely be checking them out in person when I get there. Thanks for the help, amigo.

TK11

Oct 5, 2017
Germany
Hi Guys,

we`re planning a western USA roadtrip next year and we wanna stop in Phoenix over the SuperBowl weekend. Currently our plan didn´t involve buying expensive tickets so we`re looking for a nice Sportbar in the area to watch the game with good food and cold beer. I know it´s a lot of time left until then, but i guess we have to place a reservation much earlier to ensure our seats. Do you have some tips where to watch?

Best regards

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Hi Guys,

we`re planning a western USA roadtrip next year and we wanna stop in Phoenix over the SuperBowl weekend. Currently our plan didn´t involve buying expensive tickets so we`re looking for a nice Sportbar in the area to watch the game with good food and cold beer. I know it´s a lot of time left until then, but i guess we have to place a reservation much earlier to ensure our seats. Do you have some tips where to watch?

Best regards
You could always check out the Waste Management Open, it's happening Super Bowl weekend too.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So if I wanted to purchase some single game tickets from STH where do I post? On the Bruins board we have a thread for tickets etc. is this the correct place?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
So if I wanted to purchase some single game tickets from STH where do I post? On the Bruins board we have a thread for tickets etc. is this the correct place?
No ticket exchange thread. From my own experience as a former STH it is difficult to move tickets in here. You might have better luck as a buyer. I would recommend starting your own post as it will get more eyes on it.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Alright lads and lasses, I need some help.

Wife and I (with our 5y old daughter) are planning a trip for next June. Flying in Phoenix, stay a couple of days, drive up to Flagstaff (stay a couple of days), and then go up to Page, AZ.

Once we are in Page, what's the best way to get back to Atlanta? Drive back to Phoenix? Drive to Salt Lake City or Vegas?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Alright lads and lasses, I need some help.

Wife and I (with our 5y old daughter) are planning a trip for next June. Flying in Phoenix, stay a couple of days, drive up to Flagstaff (stay a couple of days), and then go up to Page, AZ.

Once we are in Page, what's the best way to get back to Atlanta? Drive back to Phoenix? Drive to Salt Lake City or Vegas?

Are you renting a car in Phoenix? If so, returning it in a different city might incur an additional charge.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Are you renting a car in Phoenix? If so, returning it in a different city might incur an additional charge.
Yeah - figured that's the easiest way to do this trip.

Yeah, that could certainly be an extra charge, but let's assume it doesn't, it PHX still the best airport from Page, AZ?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah - figured that's the easiest way to do this trip.

Yeah, that could certainly be an extra charge, but let's assume it doesn't, it PHX still the best airport from Page, AZ?

Vegas is about the same distance from Page. Either city probably flies nonstop to ATL.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I have a sort of random question. There might not be an answer, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

I was at Desert botanical gardens over the weekend and every once in a while, my son kept complaining that there was a horrible smell in certain areas. It wasn't on the entire trail. Just certain segments and the cacti in the area didn't seem specifically similar when he complained (ie: Barrel, Prickly pear, cholla etc.) and he had never complained previously around any cacti in any other area that we went to. No one in our large group adults or kids could smell what he was describing as some sort of "stinky, poopy flower smell". He said it was stinky in the wet indigenous shelters, but it wasn't exactly the same smell. He ended up with hives a few hours later, but nothing that needed more than a quick dose of allergy medication. We know he's allergic to something as he's been having hives relatively frequently lately, but we're having a hell of a time identifying what is triggering the reactions. Allergist appointments are months out due to the fact it's not anaphylactic.

I thought maybe he was sensitive to a fertilizer or manure or something? But I honestly have no clue. Any ideas what it possibly might have been that he was complaining about? Pollen in December doesn't seem likely to me. It's a long shot, but if there's any suggestions, I'd be very grateful for any possible/potential leads.

We had a great time in Phoenix. I'll be certain to check the rental cars with a keener eye before driving off going forward, but in the end, the rental car staff was great and it's a funny story to laugh at.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I have a sort of random question. There might not be an answer, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

I was at Desert botanical gardens over the weekend and every once in a while, my son kept complaining that there was a horrible smell in certain areas. It wasn't on the entire trail. Just certain segments and the cacti in the area didn't seem specifically similar when he complained (ie: Barrel, Prickly pear, cholla etc.) and he had never complained previously around any cacti in any other area that we went to. No one in our large group adults or kids could smell what he was describing as some sort of "stinky, poopy flower smell". He said it was stinky in the wet indigenous shelters, but it wasn't exactly the same smell. He ended up with hives a few hours later, but nothing that needed more than a quick dose of allergy medication. We know he's allergic to something as he's been having hives relatively frequently lately, but we're having a hell of a time identifying what is triggering the reactions. Allergist appointments are months out due to the fact it's not anaphylactic.

I thought maybe he was sensitive to a fertilizer or manure or something? But I honestly have no clue. Any ideas what it possibly might have been that he was complaining about? Pollen in December doesn't seem likely to me. It's a long shot, but if there's any suggestions, I'd be very grateful for any possible/potential leads.

We had a great time in Phoenix. I'll be certain to check the rental cars with a keener eye before driving off going forward, but in the end, the rental car staff was great and it's a funny story to laugh at.
As fate would have it, I skate with a guy who's worked there at DBG over 20 years and is a facilities manager. I'll try to remember to bring this up next time I see him. It rained an unusual amount over the weekend so that might have affected things.

Reactions: Fig

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I used to work at the zoo in college and I think I know the smell. I always assumed it was wild animals that sprayed in the area (coyotes, javelinas)

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I used to work at the zoo in college and I think I know the smell. I always assumed it was wild animals that sprayed in the area (coyotes, javelinas)

Hmm... I didn't think of animals. That's a good lead. Thanks!

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

Some of the things you've described sound like the Creosote Bush, other parts not so much. May be worth checking it out. Good luck!

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
Anyone have tickets for Thursday night's game against St. Louis for cheaper than the listing price? Please message me.

Coming down to town with my team for an event tomorrow.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Going to the Lindenwood vs. ASU hockey game 2 weeks from now. Does Mullet Arena have a good store or whatever to get ASU gear from? Thanks in advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00