Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
it was just responding to FKA winter soldier saying that Boston played smarter/more opportunistic. they cashed on a mistake from Reaves and on a PP off a dumb penalty by Domi, 2nd time in the series, game 3 it was Bert. "keeping them honest" - agree to disagree there.

not saying we'd win the cup with Malgin + the core 4 but whatever Bomber is working things out, as are we all.

We lost from coaching and tending. Special teams working as good as Boston and its series tied right now. The certain individuals i mentioned didn't perform.

Enforcer types making mistakes happens. Boston having like 50% Pp effectiveness is unreal.

Reactions: Maxmann

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Evidently, scoring more than 2 goals is a lot to ask for the most expensive forward group in the league.
The other teams know how to shut down the Leafs come playoff time, but mgmt keeps running it back, jersey sales must be very lucrative……..

and then gave out ridiculous short-term AAVs to matthews and marner. Leafs have not been able to afford to ice a balanced roster since then due to cap situation.
Dubas spent like a kid on Friday five minutes after getting his allowance……..

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The other teams know how to shut down the Leafs come playoff time, but mgmt keeps running it back, jersey sales must be very lucrative……..

Marner appeals to the kids on Fortnite. We are seeing a resurgence of young hockey fans following the Leafs on social media. Accounting estimates that he is a lucrative asset for this market.

Steady as she goes. Trust the plan.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He will continue to preach great comeback.
He said Pasta isn’t very good, I rest my case……..

Marner appeals to the kids on Fortnite. We are seeing a resurgence of young hockey fans following the Leafs on social media. Accounting estimates that he is a lucrative asset for this market.

Steady as she goes. Trust the plan.
MLSE getting another generation of saps hooked on their junk. There ought to be a law………

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This ....

Organizationally they abandoned the mission of developing high end goalies. Even though they have the best analytics in the NHL.

Like 3 teams have won a cup with a tender they didn't draft over the past 24yrs.

The team D development is worst in the league. They cant fix it for some unknown reason.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
On the bright side, Brodie came in as advertised.
Typical Brodie on that third goal, even a week’s rest it can’t erase how pathetic a defender he is…….

I was blatantly against signing Tavares at the time. I think it was me and @thewave we wanted to invest money in #1D man and we were called out as noobs because dubas the shiny new toy could do no wrong LOL
I too was screaming they didn’t need another centre at the time, money poorly spent…….

Reactions: PromisedLand

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Brodie was awful.
Basically need Woll to go on a heater for us to have any chance to come back and win the series.

Last edited:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Do we know for sure Nylander was talking to Marner? It kind of looked like it might have been to Matthews. Cause he was the one who started complaining first. We didn’t really see Mitch say anything.
Hopefully it was direct to both, that way everyone is pissed and will waive their NMC’s………

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He said Pasta isn’t very good, I rest my case……..

MLSE getting another generation of saps hooked on their junk. There ought to be a law………

Do what I do. I hate Bell and Rogers with a passion and don't pay for their products and services wherever I can. Corporate welfare recipients. People don't get that the $480 dollar cheap seat and highest cell fees are to help pay for the ludicrous $6B or goofy amount paid for the tv rights.

Slimey corporates selling dopes entertainment and false hopes.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Jason Allison is on his way, he'll make it here by 2036
Should ensure JT isn’t the slowest skater on the team……

Nah, it was a crappy game. A good indication that even if they come back and win this series, it won't mean anything once they start playing better teams than Boston. If it leads to a coaching change, at least something good will have come out of it.
News flash Homer, it appears once again Boston is a better team than Toronto……..

Reactions: ClarkSittler

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Whatever Matthews and Nylander said to Marner seemed to finally wake him up. Best player on the ice by far after that altercation.

3 wins in a row incoming. Don't @ me

Richardbro

Jul 22, 2009
Toronto
On the bright side, we never have to see Samsonov and Keefe again.

Hopefully Shanahan and Marner too.

I'm willing to run it back one more time though with a new coach and a new special teams coach.

With a new coach, if we fail again, do not re-sign Marner of Tavares.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

Dubas spent like a kid on Friday five minutes after getting his allowance……..
Pittsburgh better get him the he'll away from contracts and get a real gm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad