The Office of Strategic Planning - Tank Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I still don’t know if it was the center vs winger thing that kept Boldy from getting points. He really hasn’t “stepped up his play” from what I’ve seen. It’s just that now the points are coming. It could be something totally unrelated to position, but now with the confirmation bias in the form of points, we may never know.

I’d still love to try him at center when he gets to Iowa.

Is something around Dumba for Necas a pipedream? Seems like the Canes fans hate that idea.

Canes fans hate it, I think Russo speculated that Carolina isn’t so interested in moving Necas, but strictly speaking, Dumba is the type of defenseman you’d move a Necas for if you’re looking for a defenseman with term.

I don’t think it’ll happen, and I’m not even sure if Guerin is interested in the deal, but it’s my black horse deadline deal if Carolina strikes out on other defensemen with that 1st rounder.

Last edited by a moderator:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Is something around Dumba for Necas a pipedream? Seems like the Canes fans hate that idea.

Very much so. The Canes are in such an odd position...but Dumba's value is pretty low.

Crazy idea would be to move both Dumba and Brodin (we don't have a ton of depth at left with defense) in a 3 team deal. Have Soucy, Belpedio and Menell all up. And then add in Addison next season.

To Toronto: Brodin

To Minnesota: Necas + Toronto's 1st

To Carolina: Kapanen + Dumba + Greenway

Something centered around that

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Very much so. The Canes are in such an odd position...but Dumba's value is pretty low.

Crazy idea would be to move both Dumba and Brodin (we don't have a ton of depth at left with defense) in a 3 team deal. Have Soucy, Belpedio and Menell all up. And then add in Addison next season.

To Toronto: Brodin

To Minnesota: Necas + Toronto's 1st

To Carolina: Kapanen + Dumba + Greenway

Something centered around that

I know Necas is a pretty solid asset, but that’s awful value for Minnesota and Toronto somehow makes out like bandits with Kapanen for Brodin.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I know Necas is a pretty solid asset, but that’s awful value for Minnesota and Toronto somehow makes out like bandits with Kapanen for Brodin.

Notice I said something centered around that. Not necessarily that exactly. It'd probably Brodin for Kapanen + Dermott (or someone) and their 2021 1st or something like that, in terms of a mixture.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Notice I said something centered around that. Not necessarily that exactly. It'd probably Brodin for Kapanen + Dermott (or someone) and their 2021 1st or something like that, in terms of a mixture.

Yeah I mean Dermott or their 2021 1st would have to be coming back to Minnesota at the absolute least.

It’s also really bold to think Addison will be an NHL player next season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Unless you get blown away with a deal, you don't trade Brodin, Staal, or Dumba at the TDL. Any team in a hurry to do a TDL deal is, by definition, a playoff hopeful, and will not have any players to spare, or a high pick to give up. Also, two of the three should have long futures with the team, and Staal will, at the very least, be an asset next year, if not beyond. Until we start developing C's, he and JEE are the best we got. In any event, no rush to move him. he'll still have value next year.

I think we are better off trying to move one of Hunt/Pateryn, maybe Donato. Kinda like Foligno, but he's not the sort of player who ages well, so if you can get a late 1st, or a 2nd+3rd, then you move him. Moving Rask/Zuccarello is probably a pipe dream, but Guerin would impress the hell out of me if he could get that done.

Greenway/Kunin would take a great offer to move, IMO. Fiala and JEE are near untouchable.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Unless you get blown away with a deal, you don't trade Brodin, Staal, or Dumba at the TDL. Any team in a hurry to do a TDL deal is, by definition, a playoff hopeful, and will not have any players to spare, or a high pick to give up. Also, two of the three should have long futures with the team, and Staal will, at the very least, be an asset next year, if not beyond. Until we start developing C's, he and JEE are the best we got. In any event, no rush to move him. he'll still have value next year.

Staal should be moved next deadline (expiring contract, center, veteran). Brodin could be moved along with Dumba as they represent the highest value and the Wild have a strong defensive core. Losing one or both maybe good for the development of the organization. I mean Tampa Bay is a playoff hopeful and still had a 1st and a player to spare (Foote). Dumba and Brodin may not have a long future with this team, especially with the expansion draft.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I would think that Staal would re-up here for another 2 yr deal around a $3M AAV cap hit. With the current uncertainty at our center position, I feel like he really would contribute positive value for at least the next 3 years. With any FA Top 6 center surely getting 6M+, I feel like it benefits us more to keep him around. His trade value would likely stay around the same point over those years, barring some insane drop off that I don't think is coming.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Yeah, I'm not sure why we're in such a hurry to move Staal. It's not like we have a bunch of young center prospects waiting in the wings....

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m a bit worried. This Buffalo team is about the 2nd worst team I’ve watched all year. I think we end ahead of them, unfortunately

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think we'll end up with around 82 points, one less than last year. Four team that ended up below us last year will likely surpass us this year, NYR, PHI, EDM, VAN. CHI should finish right around us, WPG maybe a bit higher.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I think we finish 9th last. I think Chicago passes us in the standings, but Buffalo and Montreal finish behind us. I think we get a good player, I’m just saying, prepare for it to be a winger.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
The Wild are so bad teams won’t even jump us in the standings. Buffalo lost to Ottawa, and Montreal lost to Detroit. Smh.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If we are picking 9th, and MTL is picking 8th, and Lundell and Raymond are still on the board, then I would offer MTL a pick( hopefully a 3rd, but even a 2nd) to move up so we could take Lundell. Raymond is a talented player, but we need C's that much. MTL has Suzuki, Danault, Domi, and Poehling who are all young C's. They just need forward talent. A guy like Raymond would be fine for them, if they also get a 2nd.

If we happened to win the lottery then I would make very public overtures to Bergevin about trading Lafreniere, just to f*** with them. The pressure to get the best Francophone since Lafleur to play for them would be immense...the public would be incensed if it was perceived that he had a chance to get Lafreniere and didn't.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Last night wasn't great for the tank, other than Winnipeg giving us a little cushion from that wild card spot.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
I think our new coach is inadvertantly on board with the tank. According to the Strib he ran an uptempo practice yesterday which ended by skating 4 lengths of the rink. This should bode well for all the old legs towards the end of a long season.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
NYR wins, pushing 5 points ahead of us, but unfortunately this means Chicago had to lose. This is going to be a dog-fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille