The Office of Strategic Planning - Tank Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Maybe our goalies will just suck, and we can lose without actually tanking it?
Oh this is no tank. Tanking is a way of life. It’s deeply engrained in everything you do. This is just simply being bad at hockey for a week.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Oh this is no tank. Tanking is a way of life. It’s deeply engrained in everything you do. This is just simply being bad at hockey for a week.
Well... how about the skaters play good hockey, but our goaltending goes back to reality so we can watch entertaining hockey and not be surprised about losing because the goalies have always sucked outside of Stalock not looking like Stalock for a time this year?

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Doesn't matter to me how it happens. I'm not picky.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Doesn't matter to me how it happens. I'm not picky.
I just can't root for the team to do bad... but damn it would be nice to pick #1 overall... knowing our luck though, a team behind us will win the lottery and we will drop a spot, not jump to the top.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I think the real topic of discussion is if Parise will gift Lafreniere number 11 or if we’re going to have to move Parise to make it work.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Let's just add a decimal, and have the first 1.1 jersey number ever!

Seriously, does anyone think we have any chance at all to get #1? It seems like the league would never let it happen...hell, they won't let us have the players we are supposed to in Kaprizov.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
12.5% is not a guarantee. I'd rather see a deep run. I think we all would like to see that but hey if we get what we usually get we have something to be excited for and then of course something to be disappointed about after we don't win.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
If there's anything I'm here for its conspiracy theories. Wild, with little entertainment value, have close to 0 performance reason to be hosting a Winter Classic. Unless they had a newly minted franchise winger to showcase....
I think you forgot, we already have that guy right now...

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
12.5% is not a guarantee. I'd rather see a deep run. I think we all would like to see that but hey if we get what we usually get we have something to be excited for and then of course something to be disappointed about after we don't win.
Deep run isn’t garunteed either

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Deep run isn’t garunteed either

Yeah the way I understand it, we're likely playing the Blues or Avs if we win the play in series, and I don't see us winning either of those. With re-seeding this year, we're pretty much always going to be playing against the best team left, unless Chicago or Arizona also won their play-in, and continue to win.

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Trying to go on a run in this years playoffs just has too many risks and unknowns to be successful with the virus stuff. 12.5% chance for Laf sounds way better to me

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yeah the way I understand it, we're likely playing the Blues or Avs if we win the play in series, and I don't see us winning either of those. With re-seeding this year, we're pretty much always going to be playing against the best team left, unless Chicago or Arizona also won their play-in, and continue to win.
We (any of the 8 teams that loses in play-in) have a better shot at Lafreniere than any team that wasn’t worst or second worse.
Detroit had an 18.5% shot, Ottawa was higher due to having 2 top 3 picks. That’s it. If you asked me if I’d rather get the chance at a pick usually reserved for a team that’s gone through a year of misery, and likely going to have more misery coming, or a shot (ultra slim one too —> see goaltending) to make a run in a playoff year where there will be no atmosphere and even a cup win would inevitably be down-played, it seems like a no brainer to me.

Reactions: AKL

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
If there's anything I'm here for its conspiracy theories. Wild, with little entertainment value, have close to 0 performance reason to be hosting a Winter Classic. Unless they had a newly minted franchise winger to showcase....
I mentioned this way back too. I’m down for a theory. One athletic writer said our chances to win the cup is 1%. Versus our chance to pick #1 is 6.5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad