OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I lost my 8 year old adopted lab mix 2 weeks ago. He had blood in his urine, I called my vet very worried. They thought it might have been a bladder infection. He stopped eating on Friday, got weaker and on Sunday he could barely stand. Carried him to my car and drove to an emergency vet hospital. Waited outside in my car, mask on, they came and put him on a gurney and brought him in and put him on IV. 50 minutes later they called and said he had a large tumor in his stomach that had spread and there were a lot of blood in the stomach. They recommended that I put him to sleep because he was really hurting and I said yes bawling my eyes out. Spent 30 minutes with him in a room before they gave him the 2 shots. Cried a lot, we had really bonded during the shutdown. I also lost my big baby boy in march of 2019, he was 14 1/2 and he's in my avatar. Went into a deep depression after that that ended when I adopted Carlito in Sep of last year and now he's gone too.

Love my dogs..

it’s just an awful feeling. Sorry you had to go through it again so soon

They’re family imo. Can tell you I don’t think there’s a single person I’ve lost that’s made me cry more than losing my dogs did. They give you unconditional love every day of their life, it simply sucks losing that

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I lost my 8 year old adopted lab mix 2 weeks ago. He had blood in his urine, I called my vet very worried. They thought it might have been a bladder infection. He stopped eating on Friday, got weaker and on Sunday he could barely stand. Carried him to my car and drove to an emergency vet hospital. Waited outside in my car, mask on, they came and put him on a gurney and brought him in and put him on IV. 50 minutes later they called and said he had a large tumor in his stomach that had spread and there were a lot of blood in the stomach. They recommended that I put him to sleep because he was really hurting and I said yes bawling my eyes out. Spent 30 minutes with him in a room before they gave him the 2 shots. Cried a lot, we had really bonded during the shutdown. I also lost my big baby boy in march of 2019, he was 14 1/2 and he's in my avatar. Went into a deep depression after that that ended when I adopted Carlito in Sep of last year and now he's gone too.

Love my dogs..

Im Sorry. Thats terrible. Young too.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Love my dogs..
So sorry, what a rough patch to be in right now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Love my dogs..

That's just terrible. I feel for you, my friend.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Love my dogs..
I’m so sorry for your loss. Hugs!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Love my dogs..
Sorry to hear that...They'll be up there waiting for you! As Canines are that loyal.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
These are my town's local donuts, from a store called Daniel's. They're pretty amazing, have to say, and waayyyyyy too tempting. The raspberry and white chocolate is my fav.

daniels-e1585267694511.jpg

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
As you can see I have temporary generator power!!!! The guy who lives upstairs hauled out an old one he had and got it running. Hopefully it will continue to run as Eversource says no power here until Tuesday at the earliest.

What a clusterf***. IMO in its estimate for potential storm damage Eversource clearly did not take into consideration the many thousands of trees weakened by drought and gypsy moth infestation- instead of needing a 50 mile an hour gust to knock them down it only took 20-30 mile an hour gusts. Up the road from me a large tree was blown down by a gust no more than 30 miles an hour. It struck a pole and knocked it over in turn. You'd never guess by looking at it from the outside that the tree was dead. Someone came by with a chain saw and cut up enough of the tree so one car at a time can get through- you could see that it was hollowed out a great deal inside.

Hope you get power back soon. We lost it Tuesday afternoon and got it back Friday about 5pm down here in Old Lyme. Having no power and no water is like a double whammy. Eversource screwed this up royally.

Reactions: BMC

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
We are in CT as well and probably out of power until late Tuesday as well...for a period of time there were two trees down on power lines and across the road; one on each side of our house and we live in a very rural area. Son and I were at home and could not get out, and wife and daughter were out of the house and could not get in so we were separated for a few days, while my son and I held down the fort at home while wife and daughter were holed up at a hotel. We finally hiked out around the downed power lines with the pets and are all together in a hotel with power and water...crazy times!!

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
We are in CT as well and probably out of power until late Tuesday as well...for a period of time there were two trees down on power lines and across the road; one on each side of our house and we live in a very rural area. Son and I were at home and could not get out, and wife and daughter were out of the house and could not get in so we were separated for a few days, while my son and I held down the fort at home while wife and daughter were holed up at a hotel. We finally hiked out around the downed power lines with the pets and are all together in a hotel with power and water...crazy times!!
Good luck with that.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I lost my 8 year old adopted lab mix 2 weeks ago. He had blood in his urine, I called my vet very worried. They thought it might have been a bladder infection. He stopped eating on Friday, got weaker and on Sunday he could barely stand. Carried him to my car and drove to an emergency vet hospital. Waited outside in my car, mask on, they came and put him on a gurney and brought him in and put him on IV. 50 minutes later they called and said he had a large tumor in his stomach that had spread and there were a lot of blood in the stomach. They recommended that I put him to sleep because he was hurting and I said yes bawling my eyes out. Spent 30 minutes with him in a room before they gave him the 2 shots. Cried a lot, we had really bonded during the shutdown. I also lost my big baby boy in march of 2019, he was 14 1/2 and he's in my avatar. Went into a deep depression after that that ended when I adopted Carlito in Sep of last year, and now he's gone too.

Love my dogs.

I am so sorry for you after just reading your story. No matter how many times this happens to a human being, it never gets easier losing a pet. My thoughts are with you.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Love my dogs..
Oh I am so sorry for the loss of your two dogs. I love dogs and cats. I am not home enough to have dogs because I work too much.

My Maine Coon Frodo was like a dog. I so miss seeing his face as I drive up my driveway. He had a huge personality. The house seems empty now. My little girl kitty is still looking for Frodo. I asked the vet when I was there yesterday and she said Luna was mourning the loss. She would follow Frodo everywhere ( I think she drove him crazy at times).

They let me in when they put Frodo down.

Sending a hug. It is such a loss.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Love my dogs..

I am so sorry to read this. As a dog lover, I understand the pain of losing a beautiful pet.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lots of cape beaches being closed due to sharks today. I think I’ve gotten alerts about 4 different beaches?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hope you get power back soon. We lost it Tuesday afternoon and got it back Friday about 5pm down here in Old Lyme. Having no power and no water is like a double whammy. Eversource screwed this up royally.

Power was restored around 6:30PM :vhappy:

Huge shoutout to the crews who traveled all the way from South Carolina to get it done :yo:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Crew pizza after the game is horrific

117427870_10221739247523140_1335637579466844102_n.jpg

No - my eyes! Bring back La Poutine avec Abeilles!

I love veggies and I love salad - but for me it's all meat on pizza. Or the weirder veggies like broccoli. Pineapple is acceptable too. Perhaps some well-carmelized onions. But I've never been into olives, raw onion, bell peppers, or *gack* mushrooms.

Reactions: Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad