OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The effects are brutal Al.

We lost a 39 year old cousin to Covid. No wake. No funeral. Back in March when nothing was allowed.

As the Mod team here is aware my mother is terminal. Days to weeks. At some point I’ll just disappear for a bit.

We my sisters and I are doing everything we can to support her passing at home. Daily nurses. Hospital bed installed at home. Oxygen.
The stress is overwhelming. But if she needs to go elsewhere we wont be able to be with her. She’ll die all alone.

It all sucks.

My deepest sympathies, Wally.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

We lost a 39 year old cousin to Covid. No wake. No funeral. Back in March when nothing was allowed.

As the Mod team here is aware my mother is terminal. Days to weeks. At some point I’ll just disappear for a bit.

We my sisters and I are doing everything we can to support her passing at home. Daily nurses. Hospital bed installed at home. Oxygen.
The stress is overwhelming. But if she needs to go elsewhere we wont be able to be with her. She’ll die all alone.

It all sucks.
Sending you a giant hug Wally .

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
@sarge88 as I f-ed up the quote function

You too, hang in there. You are so right that the mental side of this is not getting talked about and it is brutal for some. As some here know, my wife is a psychologist and has seen her client load increase over this time to the point that she has had to stop taking new ones and is booked three weeks out. A large percentage of the new ones are people that are suffering something connected to this pandemic and the lockdown and all the associated shit. It's also been very difficult for many existing clients who already had issues they were struggling with and this has made it worse. While you never really feel that way, it is hard to not think in some sense that it would almost be better to get the damn virus, take your chances and get on with things.
I just saw my doctor today and was moved from once a month visits to every 3 months. Took me 6 months to get to this point and I'm psyched but it has been one hell of a roller coaster. As we got deeper into the pandemic my hour long sessions went down to 30 minutes and now they are 15 minutes max because she's so busy.

I feel like mental health is not getting enough attention. Just because numbers here in MA are steady doesn't mean people's mental health is suddenly back to where it was pre-pandemic

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

It all sucks.
Hang in there Wally. I went through a similar thing with my dad last year. Can't imagine doing it with the COVID restrictions.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I hope you and your mom find peace.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
August 18 – Cheers at Faneuil Hall: The second location (and replica) of Beacon Hill’s iconic Cheers bar will serve its last beer on August 30. “I have faced, and pulled through, many kinds of downturns and upticks in the economy within the last 20 years Cheers Replica Bar at Faneuil Hall Marketplace has been in business,” founder Tom Kershaw wrote in a press release. “Sadly, the COVID-19 pandemic, combined with no assistance from our landlord (Ashkenazy Acquisition Group), has made this current challenge insurmountable.”(Ashkenazy did not immediately respond to Boston.com’s request for comment.) Cheers in Beacon Hill will remain open.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

It all sucks.

So sorry to read this Gee Wally. My thoughts are with your mother, you and your family. Being with her is so important. The best with that.

God Bless

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

It all sucks.
Sending you and your family my deepest Blessings.....oceans of love.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad