Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Crew pizza after the game is horrific

117427870_10221739247523140_1335637579466844102_n.jpg
i would devour that thing

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
That's the stuff nightmares are made of. Should have stuck with smoked meat sandwiches instead...
I have to admit that looks really bad... first off Pizza Pizza is a big NO NO. then there's the bad of mixing ingredients that doesn't mix well. The poor green olive gets a bad wrap... I love olives... a thin crust with Italian Italian sausage, ground beef, hot peppers and olives green or kalamata...heaven in a slice.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
This should be the a huge RED FLAG.

Red flags... I'm following C-19 from the beginning. So last 2 weeks of school in Georgia. It means 10 days for students. Georgia has an average of 3.4k per day lets be generous here and round it up to 4k. A simple math would give you 10 days x 4k per day = 40k positive students. The report says 96k students. Another obvious case of unreported cases by a state. Now those students have families and friends... can you just imagine what the real numbers are? Then you add the reduce testing...because less testing apparently gets you less positive cases... this will not end well.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Red flags... I'm following C-19 from the beginning. So last 2 weeks of school in Georgia. It means 10 days for students. Georgia has an average of 3.4k per day lets be generous here and round it up to 4k. A simple math would give you 10 days x 4k per day = 40k positive students. The report says 96k students. Another obvious case of unreported cases by a state. Now those students have families and friends... can you just imagine what the real numbers are? Then you add the reduce testing...because less testing apparently gets you less positive cases... this will not end well.

And that's why this virus propagates so easily. Misleading info about who can contract it coupled with misreported numbers instilling a false sense of security and people letting their guards down.

Reactions: Spooner st

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
So my company announced that they're extending our work from home until April of next year.

On the one hand, I appreciate the concern they have for their employees, even if I think it's driven by the fact that we're working effectively enough from home that they don't want to spend the money it would cost to make the major changes to the offices to meet health and safety standards and social distancing requirements. On the other hand, I'm getting restless working from home every day, and it's only been 5 months.

I know we're so far from the end of this, so it's not like I was expecting something else, but the idea that we're going to be working from home for over a year is crazy.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Good. College Athletics are just a really bad idea this year.

Pro leagues can pull it off (I'm very skeptical toward the NFL getting off the ground) in a bubble, but colleges are just giant petri dishes for this to spread like wildfire. Sending a group of 80-something kids from Michigan to Indiana to make constant physical contact and then bring it back to campus is just askign to spread it.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Yeah-all high schools should be remote. I mean all high schools are jam packed like that.
But I think grades 5 and under, should be given an option. To keep kids learning from home, or to have them go in person. Im guess it would be 50/50. I bet half would send kids in and half would keep at home.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Good. College Athletics are just a really bad idea this year.

Pro leagues can pull it off (I'm very skeptical toward the NFL getting off the ground) in a bubble, but colleges are just giant petri dishes for this to spread like wildfire. Sending a group of 80-something kids from Michigan to Indiana to make constant physical contact and then bring it back to campus is just askign to spread it.

It might end up that the 2021 draft year for athletes could be a real head scratcher. Was listening to an interview for our local QMJHL team the Sea Dogs, and it occurred to me that with U.S. college hockey shut down, scouting staffs not being able to travel freely, and the crap shoot that junior hockey could be with response to Covid this fall, that kids might be getting drafted on what people remember of their 17 year old play when they were not being heavily scouted by the pros.

Right at the moment for the Q, the teams from Quebec wouldn't even be allowed into the Maritimes (unless somehow hockey was deemed an essential service).

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Crazy thing is that the school initially suspended the girl who took the photos for 5 days and then quickly reversed it.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
What is the most underrated genre of rock music? I think it's popular mainstream rock including hard rock, heavy metal, and progressive. I'll make a list of some bands I don't think are bad and post where Rolling Stone has them ranked in their top 100 artists. Now that I'm done according to Rolling Stone The Police are better than all these bands! :laugh:

AC/DC - 72
Black Sabbath - 85
Bob Seger - Unrated!
Dire Straits - Unrated!
Judas Priest - Unrated!
Ozzy Osbourne - Unrated!
(solo artist) Pete Townsend - Unrated!
Rush - Unrated!
Van Halen - Unrated!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What is the most underrated genre of rock music? I think it's popular mainstream rock including hard rock, heavy metal, and progressive. I'll make a list of some bands I don't think are bad and post where Rolling Stone has them ranked in their top 100 artists. Now that I'm done according to Rolling Stone The Police are better than all these bands! :laugh:

AC/DC - 72
Black Sabbath - 85
Bob Seger - Unrated!
Dire Straits - Unrated!
Judas Priest - Unrated!
Ozzy Osbourne - Unrated!
Rush - Unrated!
Van Halen - Unrated!

Rush is the most grossly overrated band in the history of rock and roll, IMO. Geddy Lee's voice is on par with Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins for whiny little bitch voice that makes me want to smash him in the face just to make it stop. :laugh:

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Rush is the most grossly overrated band in the history of rock and roll, IMO. Geddy Lee's voice is on par with Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins for whiny little bitch voice that makes me want to smash him in the face just to make it stop. :laugh:
Actually wrong, because the critics hate them. Are The Police better than all those bands?

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC

AC/DC - 72
Black Sabbath - 85
Bob Seger - Unrated!
Dire Straits - Unrated!
Judas Priest - Unrated!
Ozzy Osbourne - Unrated!
Rush - Unrated!
Van Halen - Unrated!
The Police are not even close to any of the above bands. But they were radio popular.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Actually wrong, because the critics hate them. Are The Police better than all those bands?

Who said shit about the critics? I said they're the most grossly overrated band. Period. By the fans. And even more insufferable than their music is their fans who can't accept that some people don't like them. :naughty:

Reactions: eightspokedb

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Police are not even close to any of the above bands. But they were radio popular.

I'd have Van Halen and AC/DC above them, but the Police were an incredible band. They stopped early, so I think that adds to their mystique and fans wanting more. I'm a huge Dire Straits fan and Mark Knopfler fan in general, but they really only had 1 huge album here in America, so I get why they're not listed.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid and BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

AC/DC - 72
Black Sabbath - 85
Bob Seger - Unrated!
Dire Straits - Unrated!
Judas Priest - Unrated!
Ozzy Osbourne - Unrated!
Rush - Unrated!
Van Halen - Unrated!

I think Dire Straits is very underrated

Status
Not open for further replies.