Cambridge, MA
Real obit in Buffalo News

upload_2020-7-28_22-50-1.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Theyre just an animal doing what they are programmed to do. Self survival.

It’s horrible that someone dies because of it but one has to be aware now. The proliferation of seals has made our area a local diner.
When I was a kid I spent nearly every summer Down the Cape. Granted that was a long time ago. The 60’s and 70’s . But I never recall seeing a seal, Anywhere. Once and awhile there would be a sand shark. But never anything like this I can recall.

The experts think because the woman was wearing a wetsuit the shark thought she was a seal. :cry:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
With great whites most of the time it is a genuine mistake and they don’t have interest in consuming you, it’s just that they’re so big and powerful there’s usually a ton of trauma

Bull sharks will kill you to kill you though. They’ll keep trying to attack you....they just have insane amounts of testosterone. Hopefully the waters never get warm enough up here to support them. They’ve been up to Jersey though so I imagine it will happen eventually.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well I spent all night last night stewing over trying to put ny lapotop keyboard back together only to find that periods connas on the keyboard and the digits 2 and 5 on the keypad don't work - also the letter that starts NcAvoy's nane

Needless to say it's phone only for awhile yeesh :damnpc::damnpc::damnpc:

Reactions: TD Charlie and BMC

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Yep, it's crazy. Right up there with going to Disney, or a bar, or eating inside a crowded restaurant right now. All things I have zero plans to do until much time has passed...

At least with something like Disney you can wear PPE and leave at the end of the day. Those stories about people being quarantined on cruise ships for weeks with no means of getting off were just gruesome. Imagine having to stay in a broomcloset with no windows for weeks.

Reactions: LSCII

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That's awesome. So much better than typical pablum you get with these- like everyone that passes on was some sort of saint.

There was one floating around Facebook about a man who died and if the obit was anything to go by he was a real asshole and nobody really mourned his passing, not even his children.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
There was one floating around Facebook about a man who died and if the obit was anything to go by he was a real asshole and nobody really mourned his passing, not even his children.

If I had been asked, I would have wrote one like that for my stepfather. No one asked though :laugh:

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad