OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
To all the Constitutional rights nutjobs...

1. will one of you please tell me why it is Constitutional to impose upon a woman to wear a top, and why it is Unconstitutional to impose upon someone to wear a mask? This should be tried in the Supreme Court ASAP to stop the nonsense.

2. will one of you please tell met why it is Constitutional to impose a ban on cigarettes as the gas pump due to public safety, and why it is Unconstitutional to impose upon someone to wear a mask due to public safety?

I must be getting old or something, because the sheer stupidity veiled as "rights and liberties" these days is astounding. Truly astounding; all the while "real" rights to freedom of speech, beliefs, etc are being handcuffed by the thought police and there is no more room for debate, just diatribe. Amazing and disconcerting to see...

Reactions: Smitty93 and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
People are morons. Drove past a baseball field the other day. Bunch of rug rats playing, and about 3 dozen parents huddled together yapping with no masks. Sure the kids need exercise and play, and Baker is allowing it, but that's doesn't mean the mini-van brigade needs to hold a close quarters coffee klatch behind home plate. If that were my kid, I'd be watching from the front seat of my car.

They cancelled the softball in our town for my girls forever ago. Boys Little league didn't and whenever I drive by the fields, I see what you did in your town. It's insane. Even if they hadn't cancelled softball, I'm not sure I would have let my kids play. Definitely not if they weren't going to be taking any precautions, but even if they had, it's a stretch.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Are you infringing on my rights? :naughty:

Easy thing to do is sack the f*** up for the greater good and wear the damn piece of cloth on your face. It sucks. Nobody likes it. But the responsible people just shut up and do it. Was in a store today and saw so many people wearing them around their chins, below their noses, or not at all. It was shameful. And it's exactly why this stupid thing is going to stick around. Human stupidity.

If someone doesn't wear a mask because of infringement rights, then how about my infringement rights to live? LSCII, you know what I am saying, you're with the program.

Reactions: Ladyfan and LSCII

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
The tradition continues.

He didn't have clearance, Clarence

clearance2.jpg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Too many out of state vacationers flocking to it and they are certainly not self quarantining like they were supposed to. And really, who honestly thought they would? You get a week vacation on the Cape, but you need to self quarantine for 14 days? Never going to happen.

yep pretty much. I would’ve been cool with shutting down the bridge this summer but too many people commute off of the cape

Reactions: LSCII

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
View attachment 358836
what does actually mean ?
Jerome Powell and the fed keep printing money to pump the market so it doesn't completely meltdown during the pandemic while the government gives $1200 to everyone to keep families from starving in the meanwhile. US currency is completely fake and meaningless. The economy itself isn't going to completely plunge into a depression any time soon, but inflation is pretty much assured.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
View attachment 358836
what does actually mean ?

It means that we are going to saddle the next generation with massive debt equivalent to a small home mortgage but without any true value creation - it's like credit card debt....., create a wave of inflation that will destroy purchasing power for the lower and middle class and push them into sustenance living, and possibly remove the USD as the benchmark currency for international trade.

The first 2 are relatively minor all things considered... if the USD is no longer the benchmark for international trade, in 12 months people will be burning USD like in the 30's the Wermacht bunds for heat.

The USD became the universal international currency benchmark post WWD and with the Marshall Plan. That is the same playbook China is trying to run with the Silk Road program. It's a major power play to displace the USD as the reference international currency and in doing so kill the ability for the treasury to print USD at low interest rate (as all major raw materials are currently indexed to the USD making it low risk to buy and sell USD denominated assets.) Would be Bretton Woods x infinity in terms of impact...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Jerome Powell and the fed keep printing money to pump the market so it doesn't completely meltdown during the pandemic while the government gives $1200 to everyone to keep families from starving in the meanwhile. US currency is completely fake and meaningless. The economy itself isn't going to completely plunge into a depression any time soon, but inflation is pretty much assured.

This is a legitimate dilemma

There are definitely millions who need the $1200 stimulus and there are millions who will say free money.

:dunno:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Reactions: Maine Fan

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Masks May Reduce Viral Dose, Some Experts Say

Different kinds of masks “block virus to a different degree, but they all block the virus from getting in,” said Dr. Monica Gandhi, an infectious disease physician at the University of California, San Francisco. If any virus particles do breach these barriers, she said, the disease might still be milder.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
They cancelled the softball in our town for my girls forever ago. Boys Little league didn't and whenever I drive by the fields, I see what you did in your town. It's insane. Even if they hadn't cancelled softball, I'm not sure I would have let my kids play. Definitely not if they weren't going to be taking any precautions, but even if they had, it's a stretch.
Literally the only people I see without masks these days are younger dudes. Something wrong in how we’re raising our boys.

Oh, and schools are preparing to open up across the state.

Reactions: LSCII

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Literally the only people I see without masks these days are younger dudes. Something wrong in how we’re raising our boys.
depends on where you live. Common sense. wear a mask when indoors with alot of people. Especially if you are there for long periods of time and if you are close and talking with someone.
Outside. another story. I stay away from people when outside. So you will never see me wearing one outside. I also dont come up and strike a conversation with random people without wearing a mask.
The problem i see is when people start talking with people so close to each other without masks. Just random conversations. strangers. I see it all day at work.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I just want my adult hockey back. Its only this friggin state where its not allowed yet. Pisses me off to no end. Especially when friggin cess pool gyms are open.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Oh, and schools are preparing to open up across the state.
Here in Toronto, 90% uses masks, you have to if you want to go into stores... problem is, most people use maks below the nose...

The condo building where I live has a mandated masks or face covering rule for inside the building, 2 per elevator, unless your part of the same household for social distancing... still some younger couples with kids wont wear them.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Here in Toronto, 90% uses masks, you have to if you want to go into stores... problem is, most people use maks below the nose...

The condo building where I live has a mandated masks or face covering rule for inside the building, 2 per elevator, unless your part of the same household for social distancing... still some younger couples with kids wont wear them.
The vast majority are wearing them around here - it’s kind of what makes those who don’t so noticeable.

Basketball courts are packed - and dudes out running. They just don’t think/care about others

Reactions: Spooner st

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
"Lockdowns are proven to do nothing"
Some people really believe anything they are fed with, in this day and age... it's just unbelievable that someone wouldn't at least cross reference it for some "validation"

If we read outside our comfort zone...we might actually find out what's out there...

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
In New Brunswick, the mandate is you need to wear a mask if social distancing isn't possible, but they are not (at least yet) mandatory except for businesses which have mandated them. However, we probably locked down the borders more than any other jurisdiction in North America, so infection sources are pretty contained. We are still getting some new cases, but every one gets tied back to travel - with a 14 day quarantine for travelers it means spread is basically nothing. 6 TFW's (Temporary Foreign Workers) tested positive last week, all were in their quarantine and tested positive on their 10 day test.

Folks are pretty good at the distancing, although the basketball courts are also full. But with no community spread here, maybe that's not an alarming thing.

Funniest thing I see though, is people distancing on sidewalks - sometimes I'll be out for a run and an oncoming pedestrian will go on the road when I'm 100 yards away so that they can get their 6 feet when I pass.

I'd put money on it though that we'll be in mandatory indoor masks by the time October comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad