OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
That's great to hear because even in our town league some of the coaches aren't receptive to it. It's so dumb too because she has a good arm and is one of the few kids who can make the throw to second. At this point though, I'm not sure how much longer she's going to play. Last season was messed up because of Triple E and now this year's spring and fall seasons were wiped out by Covid. I'd like her to continue but I'm not going to pressure her. A lot of the girls she started playing with have already moved on as well, including her best friend, so her interest is diminishing I think.

Gotcha.

Mine quit soccer for a season and a half when she was 9.

Went back to it full force and ended up playing varsity on a perennial top 15 statewide team.

I think if we pushed her to stick with it when she was young instead of her realizing that she missed it on her own, things might have been different.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Gotcha.

Mine quit soccer for a season and a half when she was 9.

Went back to it full force and ended up playing varsity on a perennial top 15 statewide team.

I think if we pushed her to stick with it when she was young instead of her realizing that she missed it on her own, things might have been different.

My wife loved and played soccer her entire life, and the girls tried and hated it to an extreme level. Bummed my wife out to no end that out of the 3 kids none like the sport. lol

I think my youngest has the chance to be the one that sticks with softball. There weren't enough kids last spring for a 6u or 8u teams so she played with the 10u and had no problems playing 2 divisions up. Sucks that this year got whacked, because I wanted to see her take that experience and use it against kids her own age this season.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That's great Sarge! I took my girls to the driving range last week and they loved it. My 8 year old and 11 year old both play softball, so them hitting a ball while stationary wasn't a big stretch. The secret evil plan I have it to hopefully have one of them get the bug and that way I can go with them and get back playing more regularly.

You are soooooooooo evil. But in a totally good way! :naughty: :DD

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
His foster mom sent these to me. I am tempted to drive 32 hours to San Antonio to pick him up myself.
I actually said that to his foster mom that but she said that he has not received all the vaccines yet and he also needs to be micro chipped so I guess I will have to wait a month. He will be spoiled and deserves to be spoiled with that upbringing (streets of San Antonio). Only a couple of days from being euthanized according the the rescue. My daughter has a cat so she will be happy as well. My goal is that he will never have a day of real fear and anxiety for the rest of his life once we learn to know each other.

View attachment 361465 View attachment 361466 View attachment 361467
Beautiful...lucky you and lucky dog.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Screenshot_20200816-123102_Twitter.jpg

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
His foster mom sent these to me. I am tempted to drive 32 hours to San Antonio to pick him up myself.
I actually said that to his foster mom that but she said that he has not received all the vaccines yet and he also needs to be micro chipped so I guess I will have to wait a month. He will be spoiled and deserves to be spoiled with that upbringing (streets of San Antonio). Only a couple of days from being euthanized according the the rescue. My daughter has a cat so she will be happy as well. My goal is that he will never have a day of real fear and anxiety for the rest of his life once we learn to know each other.

View attachment 361465 View attachment 361466 View attachment 361467
What a handsome man....
He is going to have the best life thanks to you..... Blessings and Oceans of Love!!!!

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
when you think baker will start 2nd step of phase 3?? positive rate is as low as its ever been. i need to play some sports. im dying here.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
when you think baker will start 2nd step of phase 3?? positive rate is as low as its ever been. i need to play some sports. im dying here.

Considering some regulations are stepping back, I wouldn’t expect to get there anytime soon. Maybe not even until 2021 since it’s predicted to get worse once school starts and flu season hits.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Considering some regulations are stepping back, I wouldn’t expect to get there anytime soon. Maybe not even until 2021 since it’s predicted to get worse once school starts and flu season hits.
god. i hope thats not true. school is all done at home now. this is literally the only state without adult sports.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Has anyone ever had any experience driving with push/pull hand controls? Looking at some options here for pops to be able to get behind the wheel of the Malibu, and with the console shift conversion he’s gonna have some trouble with maneuvering his legs over the pedals.

I’m thinking a single handle push/pull contraption might work well. They’re cheap enough, under $200, and for a Sunday cruiser i think it will get the job done without the need for a tilt wheel column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad