OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Why would they..they authorized it. Teams media and support crews are contained in a closed area. Teams or individuals like Julien that need to go, are driven to airport or hospitals. They don't really mix with the population, plus at that point they're still covid free. If they contracted they're quarantined.

Very impressed with how the NHL and NBA have made out so far. To be honest I didn't think they could pull it off. Knock wood it continues like it has.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom and CDJ

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Very impressed with how the NHL and NBA have made out so far. To be honest I didn't think they could pull it off. Knock wood it continues like it has.
They did what needed to be done in order to make it safe for players and all personnel involved, including the host cities in Canada. A job well done.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
I certainly hope this doesn't happen, Canada has been so responsible as a County regarding COVID-19.

The Canadian healthcare system could become swamped.

Canada says 'reasonable worst case scenario' of coronavirus would swamp healthcare system | News Break

It's truly amazing the difference in approaches north and south of the border. North of the border, with 5 deaths and 418 new cases today, the federal government predicts doom and gloom to prepare the populace for measures to be taken in the neat future. South of the border, with 1,116 deaths and 60,499 new cases today, the President says that all is well. Covid is just going to go away.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Thanks for all the nice condolences, I really appreciate this, it helps. I am also happy that the Bruins beat the Hurricanes. :) I just wanted to say that I applied to adopt a dog called Cactus Jack from Texas, where they have kill shelters. So local rescue people in TX foster these dogs so they can be shipped to states like Oregon and Washington where we don't have those shelters. I got approved to adopt him last night and he will be shipped to Portland in September. He's a typical mutt in appearance and a very nice dog according to his foster mom who thinks he's a shepherd/hound/pit mix.. Look at those ears.. :)
Good with kids, cats and other dogs and a real couch potato.

View attachment 360830

Hello Cactus Jack!!!! Lovely boy!!! More pics and stories please!!!!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
It's truly amazing the difference in approaches north and south of the border. North of the border, with 5 deaths and 418 new cases today, the federal government predicts doom and gloom to prepare the populace for measures to be taken in the neat future. South of the border, with 1,116 deaths and 60,499 new cases today, the President says that all is well. Covid is just going to go away.

Bingo, you got my message. Canada stays responsible. Don't follow the losers.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Dear Guest:
Taranta turned 20 years old last month. My wife and I opened this business as a wedding present to each other and to us it is our first child. We have been a part of an amazing community, creating memorable experiences and sharing our sustainability efforts. As many of you know, the last 4 months have been very challenging and difficult for us. Many restaurants in the North End rely heavily on tourism, sporting events, concerts, conventions, and our location has lost all of our corporate business, functions and graduations, operating at 30% of its capacity due to seating restrictions. Without all of this we cannot survive. Since March, our liabilities have accumulated to more than we can sustain and unfortunately we were not able to reach an agreement with our landlord to make things work. Sadly, we will be closing Taranta’s physical location but we will keep our concept virtually alive, by doing pop ups, catering, classes, and online merchandising. We will be open ‪from Thursday through Sunday‬ for the next 2 weeks and we will permanently close our physical location ‪on August 29th.‬We thank everyone for their continuing support and hope to see you when we come back and reopen somewhere else within a year or so. We are working on developing our partnership with the Santa Cruz Lodge in Peru to offer Gastronomic Adventures. In the meantime you could visit our new Restaurant ~Tambo 22 in Chelsea and Trattoria San Pietro in Norwell.
Stay safe, healthy and take care of each other,
Jose and Anna Duarte and the entire Taranta Team

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Bingo, you got my message. Canada stays responsible. Don't follow the losers.

in fairness to us. people coming here from all over the world brought it here. and by the time we knew it, it was way too late. That didnt happen in canada like it did here.

aguineapig

Dear Guest:
Taranta turned 20 years old last month. My wife and I opened this business as a wedding present to each other and to us it is our first child. We have been a part of an amazing community, creating memorable experiences and sharing our sustainability efforts. As many of you know, the last 4 months have been very challenging and difficult for us. Many restaurants in the North End rely heavily on tourism, sporting events, concerts, conventions, and our location has lost all of our corporate business, functions and graduations, operating at 30% of its capacity due to seating restrictions. Without all of this we cannot survive. Since March, our liabilities have accumulated to more than we can sustain and unfortunately we were not able to reach an agreement with our landlord to make things work. Sadly, we will be closing Taranta’s physical location but we will keep our concept virtually alive, by doing pop ups, catering, classes, and online merchandising. We will be open ‪from Thursday through Sunday‬ for the next 2 weeks and we will permanently close our physical location ‪on August 29th.‬We thank everyone for their continuing support and hope to see you when we come back and reopen somewhere else within a year or so. We are working on developing our partnership with the Santa Cruz Lodge in Peru to offer Gastronomic Adventures. In the meantime you could visit our new Restaurant ~Tambo 22 in Chelsea and Trattoria San Pietro in Norwell.
Stay safe, healthy and take care of each other,
Jose and Anna Duarte and the entire Taranta Team
Covid may or may not catch or kill me, but stories such as this break my heart every time.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Mass. teen who played hockey out of state contracts COVID-19 - The Boston Globe

Boys affiliated with at least two Massachusetts youth hockey programs — the Boston Hockey Club and Boston Junior Blues — also competed in the Connecticut tournament, which was dubbed the “War of the Well.” The event was originally scheduled for an arena in Cromwell, Conn., but instead was played at rinks in Hamden and Northford.

Public health authorities have not said whether any other participants in the tournament have been infected. Managers of the Boston Hockey Club and Boston Junior Blues did not respond to requests for comment.

CDC suggests recovered COVID-19 patients have protection for 3 months

Nurses at reopening schools brace for 'uphill fight' to keep students safe from COVID-19

Florida high school sports approved to return this fall

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
in fairness to us. people coming here from all over the world brought it here. and by the time we knew it, it was way too late. That didnt happen in canada like it did here.

If we discuss your point in this forum it will be disallowed, yet advertisements in the content is allowed. Later

Reactions: LSCII

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Yes it did, the exact same way all over the world.
nowhere near as much tho. especially canada.
us has way too many people crammed in the same area.
like where i live in massachusetts. there are pretty much no cases.
if they stopped flights to US in january when i said we would have as many cases as canada.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
nowhere near as much tho. especially canada.
us has way too many people crammed in the same area.
like where i live in massachusetts. there are pretty much no cases.
if they stopped flights to US in january when i said we would have as many cases as canada.
Agreed on the first part. For the second part its also about how you handle it. The US didn't handle it they denied it.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Hello Cactus Jack!!!! Lovely boy!!! More pics and stories please!!!!

His foster mom sent these to me. I am tempted to drive 32 hours to San Antonio to pick him up myself.
I actually said that to his foster mom that but she said that he has not received all the vaccines yet and he also needs to be micro chipped so I guess I will have to wait a month. He will be spoiled and deserves to be spoiled with that upbringing (streets of San Antonio). Only a couple of days from being euthanized according the the rescue. My daughter has a cat so she will be happy as well. My goal is that he will never have a day of real fear and anxiety for the rest of his life once we learn to know each other.

Jack_Cat2.jpg
Jack_with_Friend.jpg
Jack1.jpg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
His foster mom sent these to me. I am tempted to drive 32 hours to San Antonio to pick him up myself.
I actually said that to his foster mom that but she said that he has not received all the vaccines yet and he also needs to be micro chipped so I guess I will have to wait a month. He will be spoiled and deserves to be spoiled with that upbringing (streets of San Antonio). Only a couple of days from being euthanized according the the rescue. My daughter has a cat so she will be happy as well. My goal is that he will never have a day of real fear and anxiety for the rest of his life once we learn to know each other.

View attachment 361465 View attachment 361466 View attachment 361467

what a face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad