OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Has anyone ever had any experience driving with push/pull hand controls? Looking at some options here for pops to be able to get behind the wheel of the Malibu, and with the console shift conversion he’s gonna have some trouble with maneuvering his legs over the pedals.

I’m thinking a single handle push/pull contraption might work well. They’re cheap enough, under $200, and for a Sunday cruiser i think it will get the job done without the need for a tilt wheel column

I don't know anything about these devices but I do know you need to check with your insurance company and probably DMV as this would be considered a major modification to the vehicle.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Have to take Daisy to the vet this afternoon, more bladder problems/blood in the urine. She's battled this a couple times, I hope it's not getting worse. She's already on prescription food to help with urinary issues.

She's fine otherwise, still happy, good appetite, drinks plenty of water. Hopefully we get good news that it's something simple.

20200815_174940.jpg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Have to take Daisy to the vet this afternoon, more bladder problems/blood in the urine. She's battled this a couple times, I hope it's not getting worse. She's already on prescription food to help with urinary issues.

She's fine otherwise, still happy, good appetite, drinks plenty of water. Hopefully we get good news that it's something simple.

View attachment 361736
Good luck to you and Daisy

Reactions: eightspokedb

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't know anything about these devices but I do know you need to check with your insurance company and probably DMV as this would be considered a major modification to the vehicle.

yeah i was just reading about this as well. I’m sure it will be approved with pops’ condition but you’re right

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

View attachment 361736

Get well soon Daisy! :heart:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

View attachment 361736

Wishing you well!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
As old as I am I have been looking at his pictures every night when I go to bed, feel like a kid sometimes. :)

Just to show what a sentimental old fool I am, when Snoopster passed away I ordered this, it's a dog tag that you can put a little bit of ashes into. That way I know Snoop is with me wherever I go. I am ordering one for Carlito as well. :(

Untitled.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

View attachment 361736
Good luck Daisy - sending you good vibes

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just to show what a sentimental old fool I am, when Snoopster passed away I ordered this, it's a dog tag that you can put a little bit of ashes into. That way I know Snoop is with me wherever I go. I am ordering one for Carlito as well. :(

View attachment 361766
I think you will find many here are just like you about out pets/ family.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

View attachment 361766

I have the ashes of 2 of my cats in small metal boxes, I had them cremated after they were put to sleep.

I don't know what I'll do when Marmalade finally passes, he's such a big boy even though he's lost 10 pounds since going on insulin and having his food changed. I do know I won't have the animal hospital dispose of his remains, if I can't afford cremation I'll just bring him home and bury him in the yard.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Mom has the dogs ashes in sealed jars with little figurines of what breed they were.

It is really funny to see how much Finn is like our old Westie Tim with his intelligence but has the absolute sass as our Schnoodle Beetle.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks y'all. :)

Well, Daisy has several issues, most of which are relatively minor, but we have to go back in a month and probably start her on heart meds once her UTI clears up.

I sense that she will be demanding many treats when I get home tonight.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm beginning to think some people in my complex have forgotten that people are actually working from home. I've had 2 people stop in front of my apartment to have private phone conversations on speaker. Go walk the 100 yards to your damn apartment and take the call. Sheesh

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Trouble ahead. Schools, flu season, and a growing COVID-19. More unnecessary deaths ahead.

Sad, very sad. As Americans, we should be ashamed. We can do better.
dont forget EEE. Pretty soon everyone in Massachusetts will be forced inside to play video games and watch tv. This state is going to have a huuuge obesity problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad