OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
our daughters school is starting full remote.just git the email today..
i think its a joke honestly.

i legit choked on my supper when i saw the schedule they want us to teach. poor kid is screwed.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
our daughters school is starting full remote.just git the email today..
i think its a joke honestly.

i legit choked on my supper when i saw the schedule they want us to teach. poor kid is screwed.

So our town is doing hybrid as I've said before, with an option for remote. They ask that whichever option you choose, you give it 3 months and then can make changes. Is your town going to allow for onsite at some point if things improve?

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I lost my 8 year old adopted lab mix 2 weeks ago. He had blood in his urine, I called my vet very worried. They thought it might have been a bladder infection. He stopped eating on Friday, got weaker and on Sunday he could barely stand. Carried him to my car and drove to an emergency vet hospital. Waited outside in my car, mask on, they came and put him on a gurney and brought him in and put him on IV. 50 minutes later they called and said he had a large tumor in his stomach that had spread and there were a lot of blood in the stomach. They recommended that I put him to sleep because he was really hurting and I said yes bawling my eyes out. Spent 30 minutes with him in a room before they gave him the 2 shots. Cried a lot, we had really bonded during the shutdown. I also lost my big baby boy in march of 2019, he was 14 1/2 and he's in my avatar. Went into a deep depression after that that ended when I adopted Carlito in Sep of last year and now he's gone too.

Love my dogs..
Just seeing this...

I’m so sorry. What a shock it must have been. You don’t think about not being able to be with your fur babies just the same as we’re separated from our humans as they pass.
Condolences.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
So our town is doing hybrid as I've said before, with an option for remote. They ask that whichever option you choose, you give it 3 months and then can make changes. Is your town going to allow for onsite at some point if things improve?
the email said they plan to phase into in person. I just think after a couple weeks of what they want us to teach, they are going to realize its not gonna work. I know alot of people around here with no internet at all. Its not good.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
sounds interesting!

In an aerosol formulation they tested, dubbed “AeroNabs” by the researchers, these molecules could be self-administered with a nasal spray or inhaler. Used once a day, AeroNabs could provide powerful, reliable protection against SARS-CoV-2 until a vaccine becomes available. The research team is in active discussions with commercial partners to ramp up manufacturing and clinical testing of AeroNabs. If these tests are successful, the scientists aim to make AeroNabs widely available as an inexpensive, over-the-counter medication to prevent and treat COVID-19.

“Far more effective than wearable forms of personal protective equipment, we think of AeroNabs as a molecular form of PPE that could serve as an important stopgap until vaccines provide a more permanent solution to COVID-19,” said AeroNabs co-inventor Peter Walter, PhD, professor of biochemistry and biophysics at UCSF and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator. For those who cannot access or don’t respond to SARS-CoV-2 vaccines, Walter added, AeroNabs could be a more permanent line of defense against COVID-19.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
There goes the neighborhoods- these exiles will drive up real estate prices something fierce. :(
The amount of NY plates in Old Lyme this summer have quadrupled from last year. With people realizing they can work remotely I don’t think the numbers will go down significantly in the future. I think this is the new future.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm ordering melatonin gummies in an attempt to cure my sleep difficulties. I've been using Nyquil but want to try something different.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The amount of NY plates in Old Lyme this summer have quadrupled from last year. With people realizing they can work remotely I don’t think the numbers will go down significantly in the future. I think this is the new future.

I think you're right. NYC is going to take a major hit when big corporations decide to either sell their buildings or not renew their leases rather than continue to pay NYC real estate prices and taxes. So will other major cities.

Reactions: BlackCrowes

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Was talking to my most well-off friend this weekend (not sure what he makes but I wouldnt be surprised if its >500k/yr); he and his wife have decided to keep their small place in the city but buy a house a lot further out as (at least) a weekend getaway instead of dropping serious $ for a 'perminant' place in NYC. He thinks he'll be able to work remote forever after this, though she won't have the same luxury.

Basically, it's changed his entire life plan (early 30s, married recently, starting to plan kids). I'm sure he's not the only one.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I watch a lot of HR webcasts to get credits for my certifications. A lot of them are turning into ads. "Let's talk about telemedicine, and by the way, we're a fantastic provider and you should use us!!!" :rolleyes:

The price for a free webcast, I guess...

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Study shows wearing a mask protect the other person, but now wearing a mask protects how many particles you could get depending on your cover (three layers of cotton min.) and how sick you could be, if at all.

Masks Do More Than Protect Others During COVID-19: Reducing the Inoculum of SARS-CoV-2 to Protect the Wearer

Dr. Fauci is speaking about wearing goggles or a face shield that wraps around your face to protect not getting particles into your eyes, making you a recorded case or worse.

Some of us saw this coming; others choose to disregard it. Don't step on my rights some "knuckleheads" said and say.

Amazing all famous political gatherings have stopped because this virus is out of control in the U.S.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Study shows wearing a mask protect the other person, but now wearing a mask protects how many particles you could get depending on your cover (three layers of cotton min.) and how sick you could be, if at all.

Masks Do More Than Protect Others During COVID-19: Reducing the Inoculum of SARS-CoV-2 to Protect the Wearer

Dr. Fauci is speaking about wearing goggles or a face shield that wraps around your face to protect not getting particles into your eyes, making you a recorded case or worse.

Some of us saw this coming; others choose to disregard it. Don't step on my rights some "knuckleheads" said and say.

Amazing all famous political gatherings have stopped because this virus is out of control in the U.S.

Masks provide yourself some protection, but if governments come out too strongly about it, then they're going to get class action lawsuits coming at them. Non-medical masks, especially if not put on correctly, are not 100% protection.

To me, it's always been a bit nonsensical to say masks protect others, but don't protect yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad