OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I believe he's done two with her.

If you like that, you should check out Robert Plant and Allison Krauss' collaboration Raising Sand. It's fire.

That's an awesome album. Robert Plant has had a terrific solo career, and I've always admired the fact that he's been musically curious. My iTunes library shuffled to "Too Loud" from the slightly experimental Shaken 'n' Stirred earlier this morning. Great song.

Reactions: Dreghorn2 and LSCII

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That's an awesome album. Robert Plant has had a terrific solo career, and I've always admired the fact that he's been musically curious. My iTunes library shuffled to "Too Loud" from the slightly experimental Shaken 'n' Stirred earlier this morning. Great song.
Robert Plant has done so very good solo material.

Reactions: LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Why is that? One is based on the actual results of a school system reopening and facing the consequences of that during a pandemic and the other is people bitching that some schools aren't going to be open for baby sitting duties, since there will still be teaching happening. Two vastly different things in two vastly different parts of the country.

I know exactly what they are.

Reactions: LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
my town decides friday. I sure hope we have the option for full in person or remote. Thats how it should be done for all schools in massachusetts grades k-6

My town decided yesterday. Hybrid for my son's school. I'm torn. He really wants to go back, but he's very high risk.

Daughter's school still hasn't decided.

I hate all this. There are no right answers right now.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My town decided yesterday. Hybrid for my son's school. I'm torn. He really wants to go back, but he's very high risk.

Daughter's school still hasn't decided.

I hate all this. There are no right answers right now.
QFT.

I am happy my daughter is old and no longer in school. I don't know what I would have done.

Each town and family must do what is best for their kids.

Everyone needs a contingency plan. If this virus comes back strong in the Fall (as they expect) schools will close down.

I feel for all of you parents. Tough times.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
There are a number of different options for home schooling ... one does not have to do remote learning though the public school system.

There are a number of private institutions, schools, academies ... that one can register their children with ... of course there are costs, but that varies depending on the institution.

I went through Homelife Academy for my children. Cost was about $90 - $100 per child ... I think there were discounts for more than two. You had to have your own curriculum, books, tests and create your own school schedule - so additional cost for books and time. Once you get through the first year it's really not that hard . Plus you have a lot of options to tweak the school schedule that you don't have with public school. Find what works best for your situation.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If Russia is advanced enough to rig a foreign election, they're advanced enough to create a vaccine.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
There are a number of different options for home schooling ... one does not have to do remote learning though the public school system.

There are a number of private institutions, schools, academies ... that one can register their children with ... of course there are costs, but that varies depending on the institution.

I went through Homelife Academy for my children. Cost was about $90 - $100 per child ... I think there were discounts for more than two. You had to have your own curriculum, books, tests and create your own school schedule - so additional cost for books and time. Once you get through the first year it's really not that hard . Plus you have a lot of options to tweak the school schedule that you don't have with public school. Find what works best for your situation.
thanks for the info. looking into the home schooling.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This is usually my favorite time of year. I love back to school time, shift in routine, college football, all of it.

none of that happening is hitting me harder than I thought it would. Just an overwhelming sense of sadness and feeling like this is never going to end and life will never be normal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad