OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks for all the nice condolences, I really appreciate this, it helps. I am also happy that the Bruins beat the Hurricanes. :) I just wanted to say that I applied to adopt a dog called Cactus Jack from Texas, where they have kill shelters. So local rescue people in TX foster these dogs so they can be shipped to states like Oregon and Washington where we don't have those shelters. I got approved to adopt him last night and he will be shipped to Portland in September. He's a typical mutt in appearance and a very nice dog according to his foster mom who thinks he's a shepherd/hound/pit mix.. Look at those ears.. :)
Good with kids, cats and other dogs and a real couch potato.

View attachment 360830
Aw...Love the face and colors. You are a good one.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yes. Very much so. But you felt better immediately after it, at least for a while, right?
Oh yea. I was ready to run through a brick wall and then around noon I started to feel really tired And by 3 I felt like I was in a furnace even though my ac is on.

I feel better after a 3 hour nap and some Motrin but I can feel the ache coming on

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
View from the deck tonight:
20200813_204416[1].jpg

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Oh yea. I was ready to run through a brick wall and then around noon I started to feel really tired And by 3 I felt like I was in a furnace even though my ac is on.

I feel better after a 3 hour nap and some Motrin but I can feel the ache coming on

Yep, that's what happens. Your arm is going to feel like a dead weight tomorrow too, and the area they injected is going to be very sore.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yep, that's what happens. Your arm is going to feel like a dead weight tomorrow too, and the area they injected is going to be very sore.
How spot on you are. Time to consume Motrin and ice it. The good news is that 24 hours later I don't feel it catching when I rotate it.

I have to say they've come a long way in terms of the needle size. I honestly felt a pinch and the burn from the lidocaine when they numbed me and then it was just pressure.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Thanks for all the nice condolences, I really appreciate this, it helps. I am also happy that the Bruins beat the Hurricanes. :) I just wanted to say that I applied to adopt a dog called Cactus Jack from Texas, where they have kill shelters. So local rescue people in TX foster these dogs so they can be shipped to states like Oregon and Washington where we don't have those shelters. I got approved to adopt him last night and he will be shipped to Portland in September. He's a typical mutt in appearance and a very nice dog according to his foster mom who thinks he's a shepherd/hound/pit mix.. Look at those ears.. :)
Good with kids, cats and other dogs and a real couch potato.

View attachment 360830

So beautiful! You are doing a wonderful thing and will give him the best life! Keep us posted.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I wouldn't let us in either if I was Canada. No need for us to come f*** shit up there too...

Remember what we talked about the other day? Canada is approximately the same area as the US. However, they have 1/10th the population. Just like Alaska, Montana, and Wyoming, it is far easier to contain a pandemic when your population is sparse.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Remember what we talked about the other day? Canada is approximately the same area as the US. However, they have 1/10th the population. Just like Alaska, Montana, and Wyoming, it is far easier to contain a pandemic when your population is sparse.

Absolutely. But even with that being said, I still wouldn't open the borders if I were them. Why bring potential trouble in, even if it's a reduced risk?

Reactions: Alicat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Absolutely. But even with that being said, I still wouldn't open the borders if I were them. Why bring potential trouble in, even if it's a reduced risk?

No way. Hell, I was for closing the US borders back when some people were calling it racist and xenophobic. New Zealand was far closer to the origin, but they closed the border up tight real early. They've had far less impact due to this action.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I wouldn't let us in either if I was Canada. No need for us to come f*** shit up there too...
They're doing the right thing...not just now, but since the beginning. It was always what was best for the people since day 1. They were a little slow to close the borders but mostly they didn't want to offend their neighbors and trade partners.

The only negative for the Canadian and Provinces administrations was the delay in stopping flights from countries with hot spots and the lack of testing at airports from the get go. Then there's also the lack of PPE, but we had 55M N95 medical masks in the stock pile...that became out of date at beginning of C-19. Someone shit the bed and lost his job.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB

Density is certainly a factor, but it doesn't explain why the U.S. has 1/10'th the population density of Japan, but has 40 times more cases and 65 times more deaths per million people.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
True...there's also the fact that the Federal/Provincial governments from the get go took it seriously.

Here in Toronto the premier of Ontario is a mini Trump in his way to govern... but he did and continues to do the right thing. He personally went to the US/Canadian border to get PPE that was stuck at the border due to delays caused by the US administration.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I just dont want them to screw up the NHL playoffs. Keep us out until thats over and Im good.
Why would they..they authorized it. Teams media and support crews are contained in a closed area. Teams or individuals like Julien that need to go, are driven to airport or hospitals. They don't really mix with the population, plus at that point they're still covid free. If they contracted they're quarantined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->