OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I don't plan on taking a US vaccine until it's been around a bit and we can understand it and the side effects better.

I sure as shit am not taking anything that comes from that communist wasteland.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
State won’t divulge COVID-19 cases in child care centers - The Boston Globe

You’d think parents might want to know that info as they’re being told to decide now whether to send their kids back to school in a couple weeks.

The Baker administration is refusing to provide data on coronavirus cases reported by the state-licensed emergency child care centers that remained open during the three-month period while the state was shut down.
The Globe sought the data to obtain clearer information about the risk of coronavirus spread in group care settings for children. That issue is being debated among parents, teachers, and superintendents weighing whether schools should reopen next month.
The Globe’s inquiry stems from public comments by the state’s early education commissioner made in June that there had been many cases of exposure in emergency care.
“We’ve had multiple situations in center-based providers when someone who went from classroom to classroom has been exposed and the entire center had to be quarantined, including families,” Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care Commissioner Samantha L. Aigner-Treworgy said during an online town hall meeting.

Last edited:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I don't plan on taking a US vaccine until it's been around a bit and we can understand it and the side effects better.

Newsflash: Russia is no longer communist. It's more an oligarchy (or even kleptocracy).

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Seeing these two headlines on the same day.....things that make you go hmmmmmm.....

Why is that? One is based on the actual results of a school system reopening and facing the consequences of that during a pandemic and the other is people bitching that some schools aren't going to be open for baby sitting duties, since there will still be teaching happening. Two vastly different things in two vastly different parts of the country.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

yeah. no vaccines for me. i dont do the flu vac ine and certainly wont do the covid one.
i imagine covid vaccine will be given to the high risk people over 70.

Reactions: LSCII

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Seeing these two headlines on the same day.....things that make you go hmmmmmm.....

my town decides friday. I sure hope we have the option for full in person or remote. Thats how it should be done for all schools in massachusetts grades k-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad