OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Pretty sure it is directly in the joint as that is where my pain is but I wouldn't be surprised if they inject some in the muscle and some in the joint. The doctor is confident that I will only need 1 shot just to calm everything down. Surgery isn't on the table thankfully and they are advising against PT. Fingers crossed.

I only had one and it cleared up. Have had small bouts of pain since, but nothing like the pain that caused me to get the shot. Before the shot, I couldn't raise my arm it was so bad. I was constantly cursing the little shit that dislocated my shoulder in practice back in high school, and I hadn't seen him in 25 years.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Seems STUPID to me.
It's funny what you remember some times. I can remember a couple of years ago the first time this happened that there was a concerted effort to move off of some U.S. products that were part of the counter tariffs - and great discussion about ketchup alternatives since Heinz (Ohio and Iowa) ketchup was one of the products that counter-tariffs were applied against. Along with Kentucky bourbon, Florida orange juice and other goofy stuff.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Barracuda is supposedly being picked up Sunday morning.

Saturday i have the twins’ preschool graduation and a server migration to facilitate at work. It may also rain in my neck of the woods.

The dash is not in the car, nor is the instrument cluster, and i have to get it assembled before Sunday. A little nervous. Got some good money riding on this.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Barracuda is supposedly being picked up Sunday morning.

Saturday i have the twins’ preschool graduation and a server migration to facilitate at work. It may also rain in my neck of the woods.

The dash is not in the car, nor is the instrument cluster, and i have to get it assembled before Sunday. A little nervous. Got some good money riding on this.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
When your boss brings in bear claw pastries covered in powdered sugar, and you're wearing a black shirt.... :help:

3ohjUQv6IHcGEDvqzC.gif

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Looking for shows to watch with the family. We finished Stranger Things a few weeks ago and are onto Umbrella Academy now, but are quickly burning through that one too. I saw Doom Patrol and Titans are available to stream, but am not sure if they're appropriate for kids? So any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. My twins are 11 and my youngest is 8. They loved Stranger Things and the 8 year old wasn't scared by any of it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Looking for shows to watch with the family. We finished Stranger Things a few weeks ago and are onto Umbrella Academy now, but are quickly burning through that one too. I saw Doom Patrol and Titans are available to stream, but am not sure if they're appropriate for kids? So any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. My twins are 11 and my youngest is 8. They loved Stranger Things and the 8 year old wasn't scared by any of it.

locke and key?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Although i should mention there is a pretty tense home invasion scene that is revisited a couple times with more detail each time.

there is also a scene of a shooting

the vibe is similar to stranger things but ramped up a bit
@LSCII

Reactions: LSCII

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The University of Washington has an excellent modeling project. It is projecting that by December 1, we could add 140,000 more COVID deaths to the already 160,000 + in the United States.

That's scary, however

It has been also stated that 70,000 lives could be saved if we all wear masks. What will you do? Some say, what's another 140,000 deaths, just a nit.

I am wearing a mask except in my house, my truck, and my wife's car. I am setting an example I would like to save lives. What do you plan to do?

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
It may only be 46 seconds long, but this is my all time favorite music video.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The University of Washington has an excellent modeling project. It is projecting that by December 1, we could add 140,000 more COVID deaths to the already 160,000 + in the United States.

That's scary, however

It has been also stated that 70,000 lives could be saved if we all wear masks. What will you do? Some say, what's another 140,000 deaths, just a nit.

I am wearing a mask except in my house, my truck, and my wife's car. I am setting an example I would like to save lives. What do you plan to do?
I wear a mask everywhere I need to. At work I don't wear it in my cube but as soon as I step foot outside of it I have one on.

It makes no sense to NOT wear one when you are around other people. You have to be a selfish ignorant asshole to not.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That’s a fair move by Baker, it’s what unfortunately needs to be done

I don’t think the cape is doing so hot right now

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Although i should mention there is a pretty tense home invasion scene that is revisited a couple times with more detail each time.

there is also a scene of a shooting

the vibe is similar to stranger things but ramped up a bit
@LSCII

Definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the heads up. Wanted to have them watch either Titans or Doom Patrol because they love Teen Titans and those have the characters from the cartoon, but after reading online, it sounds like those are more for adults than kids.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That’s a fair move by Baker, it’s what unfortunately needs to be done

I don’t think the cape is doing so hot right now

Too many out of state vacationers flocking to it and they are certainly not self quarantining like they were supposed to. And really, who honestly thought they would? You get a week vacation on the Cape, but you need to self quarantine for 14 days? Never going to happen.

Reactions: Alicat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

That's scary, however

Are you infringing on my rights? :naughty:

Easy thing to do is sack the f*** up for the greater good and wear the damn piece of cloth on your face. It sucks. Nobody likes it. But the responsible people just shut up and do it. Was in a store today and saw so many people wearing them around their chins, below their noses, or not at all. It was shameful. And it's exactly why this stupid thing is going to stick around. Human stupidity.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Do you guys ever wish you could track down that chinese guy who first ate the bat at the wet market and just give him the business?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Are you infringing on my rights? :naughty:

Easy thing to do is sack the f*** up for the greater good and wear the damn piece of cloth on your face. It sucks. Nobody likes it. But the responsible people just shut up and do it. Was in a store today and saw so many people wearing them around their chins, below their noses, or not at all. It was shameful. And it's exactly why this stupid thing is going to stick around. Human stupidity.

People are morons. Drove past a baseball field the other day. Bunch of rug rats playing, and about 3 dozen parents huddled together yapping with no masks. Sure the kids need exercise and play, and Baker is allowing it, but that's doesn't mean the mini-van brigade needs to hold a close quarters coffee klatch behind home plate. If that were my kid, I'd be watching from the front seat of my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad