OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Ok computer folks. Help me with prebuilt gaming desktop computer. Budget of up to $2000.

Dont go with build your own. Just saying so is meaningless for me. So hanks anyways.

This is for on line gaming. Pretty much nothing else.
What are you specifically trying to play?

HP Omen is the best all around prebuilt IMO.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/Configur...Id=&catEntryId=3074457345619143818&quantity=1

You can change some of the options on there to upgrade RAM, etc.

I currently have an MSI laptop because I have no room in my house for a tower and desk, etc. But if I had the room and was going the prebuilt route, that's probably what I'd get.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What are you specifically trying to play?

HP Omen is the best all around prebuilt IMO.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/Configur...Id=&catEntryId=3074457345619143818&quantity=1

You can change some of the options on there to upgrade RAM, etc.

I currently have an MSI laptop because I have no room in my house for a tower and desk, etc. But if I had the room and was going the prebuilt route, that's probably what I'd get.

not me.
The Bride and daughter play World of Warcraft and Steam rollercoaster, Overwatch. Crap like that.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
not me.
The Bride and daughter play World of Warcraft and Steam rollercoaster, Overwatch. Crap like that.
Yeah none of those are particularly demanding games, especially WoW (I've played since it released :help: )

Really anything within your budget will work.

Biggest thing for games in general, but specifically WoW, is load times from the hard drive, so make sure whatever you buy, has a SSD that has plenty of space. Loads lightning quick compared to a traditional HDD. The Omen has an option for an additional $80 I believe to have a 1TB SSD as the primary storage option, which is plenty. That would allow for the OS to be on there, along with plenty of games.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
U.S. has re-instated Aluminum tariffs against Canada, which U.S. manufacturers indicate will raise the cost of aluminum finished goods to Americans as U.S. producers are only able to produce a fraction of the aluminum required by U.S. manufacturers. Previously Canada retaliated by targeting goods from key republican districts, which is likely to happen again.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trump-aluminum-tariff-1.5677036

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Has anyone had a cortisone shot in their shoulder? I'm having one next week that is guided by ultrasound. Not sure what to expect.

I have arthritis in my ac joint plus a small tear of my labrum so the doctor said cortisone is the best treatment as pt will aggravate the joint and the tear isn't causing any issues.

Thanks!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Has anyone had a cortisone shot in their shoulder? I'm having one next week that is guided by ultrasound. Not sure what to expect.

I have arthritis in my ac joint plus a small tear of my labrum so the doctor said cortisone is the best treatment as pt will aggravate the joint and the tear isn't causing any issues.

Thanks!

I've had one. It was to treat inflammation from an old hockey injury. Not ultrasound guided, the orthopedist just stuck it in the joint. If you hate needles it would not be fun, but they don't bother me so it wasn't bad.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Thanks!

Yes, several times. It's actually a series of shots and not just one. Are they going directly into the joint or are they going to try to start with injecting into the muscle around the joint first? Basically your shoulder and arm are going to feel great immediately after the shots. Then later on that night, it's going to feel like you were hit with a sledgehammer and it's going to hurt for like a day. After that, it should feel better, as long as the shot was effective. If not, you may have to go in for another series. They don't typically put it directly in the joint because it can create issues like your joint breaking down if you have to have it done multiple times. But that's the only thing that worked for me when I had an impingement. If the last shot I got didn't work, it would have been surgery as the only option. Thankfully it took.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island

This guy knows. They have very good prebuilts for not that big of a mark up. Build quality is also very good with premium parts and not much corner cutting like an ibuypower or cyberpower which I do not recommend. For 1200-1500 something from there will last you around 4 years with no issues. Also if you don't already have one a 144hz monitor is a must.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yes, several times. It's actually a series of shots and not just one. Are they going directly into the joint or are they going to try to start with injecting into the muscle around the joint first? Basically your shoulder and arm are going to feel great immediately after the shots. Then later on that night, it's going to feel like you were hit with a sledgehammer and it's going to hurt for like a day. After that, it should feel better, as long as the shot was effective. If not, you may have to go in for another series. They don't typically put it directly in the joint because it can create issues like your joint breaking down if you have to have it done multiple times. But that's the only thing that worked for me when I had an impingement. If the last shot I got didn't work, it would have been surgery as the only option. Thankfully it took.
Pretty sure it is directly in the joint as that is where my pain is but I wouldn't be surprised if they inject some in the muscle and some in the joint. The doctor is confident that I will only need 1 shot just to calm everything down. Surgery isn't on the table thankfully and they are advising against PT. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: LSCII

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Thanks!
I had one in my heel for Plantar fasciitis . The shot hurt like hell but it did take care of the heel pain.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I've had one. It was to treat inflammation from an old hockey injury. Not ultrasound guided, the orthopedist just stuck it in the joint. If you hate needles it would not be fun, but they don't bother me so it wasn't bad.
Thanks! I'm not a fan of them but I can power through them. Had 2 in the ankle before but I've heard the shoulder is ten times worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad