OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
At this point I should not be surprised our end of the state has always been an afterthought when something like this happens.
Eversource is taking major heat from the State of CT for underestimating the potential for damage. Maybe that will light a fire under their asses
ugh. that sucks. You have a generator?? At least its not 95 degrees like last week. You have well water??

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Generator crapped out mechanic thinks the starter needs replacing

I have town water and sewer so I’m ok there
nice. at least you dont have well water. We always fill the tubs before we think power may go out.

Reactions: BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ok computer folks. Help me with prebuilt gaming desktop computer. Budget of up to $2000.

Dont go with build your own. Just saying so is meaningless for me. So hanks anyways.

This is for on line gaming. Pretty much nothing else.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Generator crapped out mechanic thinks the starter needs replacing

I have town water and sewer so I’m ok there
I have town water and sewer too.

Good Luck. I HATE the hot weather.

I have lived at my house for 22 years. The first 10 years we lost power for 4 to 7 days every Winter . It would be OK for a day or two but then too cold. I was getting too old for this crap. When we sold my Mom's house I had no where to go if it was too cold.

I spent money I was saving for hard wood floors on a stand by generator (Generac). It runs on natural gas and turns itself on and off. All I do is have the oil changed once every Fall.

Now when bad weather is coming I don't mind at all. I have had it for 10 years and will have it for many more. It is well worth it.

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have town water and sewer too.

Good Luck. I HATE the hot weather.

I have lived at my house for 22 years. The first 10 years we lost power for 4 to 7 days every Winter . It would be OK for a day or two but then too cold. I was getting too old for this crap. When we sold my Mom's house I had no where to go if it was too cold.

I spent money I was saving for hard wood floors on a stand by generator (Generac). It runs on natural gas and turns itself on and off. All I do is have the oil changed once every Fall.

Now when bad weather is coming I don't mind at all. I have had it for 10 years and will have it for many more. It is well worth it.

The one I have is also a General but it is gasoline powered. It is strong enough to heat the office and all 4 apartments and power the office equipment

Reactions: eightspokedb

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Today's between games crew meal adventure - 'Chicago' dog and poutine

116878748_10221712599216949_2771370605609420453_n.jpg

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad