The Management Thread | Live, Play, Repeat Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
It'll be funny if he does, but it's not happening here so he should be moved for something that actually does help the team.

In other news, we need to start that thread that got banned last year for some reason. Turns out we were 100% correct for 7 years, whoops.

how could you talk of such a thread when they haven’t even raised the play-in championship banner yet? Such a short memory on here. This is a Final Eight team. Show some respect.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I think our only decent asset at the trade deadline might be trading Sutter at 50% retained in the hopes of getting a mid/late 2nd round pick.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I think our only decent asset at the trade deadline might be trading Sutter at 50% retained in the hopes of getting a mid/late 2nd round pick.
Miller, our entire defence, our entire bottom 6 needs to be shopped by someone Qualified,
not Benning.

sad but it even might be time to look at moving Bo.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
If a competent management team takes over this could be turned around very quickly. Lots of cap space coming, a few big assets to move like Miller, and very good youth at a lot of important positions. It's no 2014, but what rebuilding team has ever had that kind of assets to move? It will never happen again in our lifetimes.

This isn't a sad occasion. Benning will be gone in 4 months.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
It'll be funny if he does, but it's not happening here so he should be moved for something that actually does help the team.

In other news, we need to start that thread that got banned last year for some reason. Turns out we were 100% correct for 7 years, whoops.

tumblr_me50ogJ6ul1qdlh1io1_500.gif

Reactions: Foundational Player

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
When assigning blame, make sure no one feels left out.

Ownership.

Management.

Coaching.

Player Effort.

Psycophant media. Other than Botch (RIP), JPat and Dhaliwal, Woodley (and Alex when he did colour), they share significant blame.

Shilling, nitpicking and deflection on HFCanucks. The only forum that consistently gets it right, infiltrated by epic levels of shilling almost from the get-go of Benning's tenure, and yet another large part in getting us to this horrid, horrid state.

Reactions: vanuck

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
If a competent management team takes over this could be turned around very quickly. Lots of cap space coming, a few big assets to move like Miller, and very good youth at a lot of important positions. It's no 2014, but what rebuilding team has ever had that kind of assets to move? It will never happen again in our lifetimes.

I don't necessarily disagree, but if we trade Miller then we have two holes in our top 6 (still not convinced Hoglander is the answer on the 2nd line, but that's not an indictment on his play so much as it is too early in his career to be assuming a big role).

The next GM might end up with this:

?? - Pettersson - Boeser
Podkolzin - Horvat - ??
Bailey - Gaudette - Hoglander
Motte - Beagle - MacEwen
Eriksson, Roussel

Schmidt - Myers (hopefully Seattle takes him in the ED)
Hughes - ???
Edler (or trade him) - Chatfield
Juolevi, Rathbone

Demko
Holtby

A lot of holes to fill. Basically need to acquire two top 6 forwards (with the generous assumption Podkolzin is ready to step into the top 6), two top 4 dmen, and ideally an upgrade on the bottom pairing and bottom 6 forwards. Lots of work to be done.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

All that “cap space coming” is going to be tied up in Petey, QH and Demko. And I’m not sure why we’d trade Miller? This team is screwed for a couple years unless a new GM is owed a few miracles.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I'm expecting one last gasp attempt at saving the season by trading Virtanen for Bennett tomorrow. And Virtanen will finally flourish in Calgary and the Canucks will continue to suck leading to Jim's firing. And Elmer's first mistake as GM will be the final straw. Full circle.

Reactions: Diversification

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
When assigning blame, make sure no one feels left out.

Ownership.

Management.

Coaching.

Player Effort.

Psycophant media. Other than Botch (RIP), JPat and Dhaliwal, Woodley (and Alex when he did colour), they share significant blame.

Shilling, nitpicking and deflection on HFCanucks. The only forum that consistently gets it right, infiltrated by epic levels of shilling almost from the get-go of Benning's tenure, and yet another large part in getting us to this horrid, horrid state.
Wait a second -- you're actually serious about this stuff? Absolutely nothing that happens here, let alone the behaviours you've taken issue with, has any appreciable effect whatsoever on the team or on the fanbase in general. I assumed you were kidding the whole time.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
I expect no changes. Everyone please just deal with this reality . The Family is not going to pay people to stay at home.

The Family was one of the owners that did not want to play the season in the first place.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Whether or not Benning stays in the executive booth for the rest of the season, the owners have to take away the keys to the car. The last thing this team needs is Benning making changes in the middle of the season.

They have to limp through to the end of the season and then review the organization from top to bottom.

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
Bad management.

Bad coaching.

Bad team effort!

I’m NOT going to another game this year at Rogers Arena if this is what I can expect!

Reactions: xtra

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I'm expecting one last gasp attempt at saving the season by trading Virtanen for Bennett tomorrow. And Virtanen will finally flourish in Calgary and the Canucks will continue to suck leading to Jim's firing. And Elmer's first mistake as GM will be the final straw. Full circle.

I would not be surprised to see this happen. Hopefully JV for SB straight up, no sweetners from our side. I have zero expectations that SB can fill our gaping hole at 3C, but stranger things have happened. Regardless, the fact that he's signed for only 1 year at 2.5M would make that trade a win.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

this is beautifully poetic

but before he drafted virtanen,i believe he’d already traded a third for dorsett and chosen sbisa over six other anaheim under 24 dmen

but i’m with you, turn turn turn

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Starting to really think Aquillini is just going to ride out this season to save money and doesn't care about the outcome of the season with no fans. Team is just an investment to him, nothing more. Benning might be here to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad