The Legendary Auston Matthews Thread!

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
lol you people ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait till we get next years 1st overall. Your heads will explode. Feels so good to be a leafs fan mayne.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That pressure, I won't be surprised if he gets no goals on saturday.

Uh oh, I think we should be worried if he doesn't score a goal. His pace would drop from 300+ goals to 164. 50% reduction in just one game!

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Matthews blamed himself for the loss.

Yeah. That was kinda tough to hear his interview on the Ottawa post-game show. Sounded a bit down. Even as a Sens fan that was a glorious game by him. What a pro!

Sloppy game on both sides. He is clearly not to blame for the loss even if beat on the faceoff and final play of OT.

I mean I hate the Leafs. But it is hard not to like Matthews after how he played and conducted himself that game. If anything... He needs to just be happy about being in the NHL.

At least Leafs fans know he will never, ever be throwing his team under the bus.

Also loved seeing his parents in the crowd! Awesome!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I can't wait to see him and Nylander play again hope they can light up that awful blue line and we can get a win

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Forsberg was one of my fave players of all time so I had the pleasure of watching the Nordiques for a long time. Prior to him arriving, Sakic was such a beautiful player to witness. You knew you were watching a ****** team wiith Quebec back then, but Sakic always gave a ****, trying hard like a *******. What I'm saying is kudos to players that play hard when they know they are playing for a **** team.

I've seen Tavares do it for freakn 5 years. Full commitment and pride to their team. I see Toronto doing really bad this year, but Auston will always expect more of himself. You know Toronto is gonna be **** this year and Matthews is gonna be pissed. That's how you raise champions. How does one peform under seige? When I see him pissed over his teams performance over a pres-season game, I know he is a thoroughbred.

You don't know how the Leafs will fare but it's obvious that having Matthews will make them better than they were last season. Not many rookies make their debut with a hat trick. He was also able to score a goal against Carey Price (although in a preseason game in which the rest of his team failed to show up).

Regnes

Feb 14, 2015
Prince George, BC
Yeah he got some fancy goals, but where was he when his team needed him the most? They really needed to get that 5th goal from him, and he completely blew it. He's a draft bust and a total disgrace, should retire already.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Incredible debut. Thought he looked like the real deal in the world cup of hockey. This debut certainly didn't diminish that! Good for hockey and very good for leaf fans!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Great memorable night. One of those nights where everything was just going in. But Ottawa was basically a bunch of pylons all night. Some of the worst defense I'd seen in a long time. No one showed up and coasted all night. How they even manged to score 5 and win goes to show you on the other end how bad Toronto is right now. It's a work in progress though and they will get better. Baby steps.

We'll see how he does against tough teams and teams who actually work hard and compete. He'll never have an easier night like that again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad