The Legendary Auston Matthews Thread!

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Are you sure? What are the winning lottery numbers for tonight?

To be fair, it's pretty safe assumption to make on Ovechkin's part. I'd be shocked if anyone currently playing (outside of Jagr) ends up with higher goal-total as him. Kovy also has something ridiculous, like 8 top-10 finishes in goals. Safe to say, both will most likely be considered as better goal-scorers.

That said, Matthews can definitely end up being considered better player than Kovy. Ovechkin is probably tad too high, but not entirely impossible.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
5GP: 5G 3A 8P

The kid's pretty good.

He's awesome. Obviously his stats will decrease a bit but 5 games in and Matthews looks phenomenal. Would be so awesome to see him maintaining PPG pace from the get go.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
He's doing pretty good for himself. They can obviously pour on the offense; it's the defense that they're having a problem with. Still, it makes for a fun brand of hockey. I'd rather take 5-4 games than 2-1 games.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The Anti McJesus has declared war against McJesus. And so it begins ... the Battle for Canada. Who will win your souls ...

* A Canadian OR an American.
* One born to a hockey coach from Ontario OR to a Mexican flight attendant from California
* One trained in Toronto OR trained in the flames of Arizona
* The Chosen One vs. Blasphemy
* Cool number (97) vs. Lame number (34)

McJesus vs. Anti McJesus ... the Canadian Rapture has cometh.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
The Anti McJesus has declared war against McJesus. And so it begins ... the Battle for Canada. Who will win your souls ...

* One born to a hockey coach from Ontario OR to a Mexican flight attendant from California

Well done

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head

I'll allow it

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I'll allow it

I like both players. They're good for hockey. But if you think about it ... their childhoods are polar opposites in regards to hockey. And I hope the NHL markets them that way ... as they will be the "New Faces" of the NHL.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Matthews, Marner and Nylander have all exceeded my expectations so far. They are going to be elite players without a doubt, they could be already.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Matthews, Marner and Nylander have all exceeded my expectations so far. They are going to be elite players without a doubt, they could be already.

And this is why Foliage is always so unhappy and angry. They can't manage expectations. The next thing you know, young players are getting booed out of the building with NO confidence.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Ovechkin and Matthews have the same birthday (Sept. 17) and both missed the draft cutoff (2003 and 2015) by two days.

My contribution.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
And this is why Foliage is always so unhappy and angry. They can't manage expectations. The next thing you know, young players are getting booed out of the building with NO confidence.

I trust what I see, but thanks for your input.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
If the Leafs D and Goaltending could be average, we would be tops in the league at this point with the why our three kids are playing.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Even if you take out 3 of his goals from his 4 goal performance he is still sitting at a PPG on the year.

Very impressed with him so far. All the rookies actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad