Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Beat my first Lynel!

A white one inside the Colisseum ruins.

areyounotentertained.jpg

Also got my 13th heart. It's

[spoil]Master Sword time.[/spoil]

The one in the coliseum seems to evolve as you progress in the game: first time I went there it was a basic one and last time I went it was a silver one.

You are pretty badass by beating one that early. Took me forever before I felled my first lynel!

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
I didn't bother trying to beat one until after I actually beat the game. The one I met near the Hyrule Castle, I just hit with my one ancient arrow and was thoroughly entertained by the ownage. Now I'm farming enemies so I can buy ... stuff ... from a certain shifty fellow.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I didn't bother trying to beat one until after I actually beat the game. The one I met near the Hyrule Castle, I just hit with my one ancient arrow and was thoroughly entertained by the ownage. Now I'm farming enemies so I can buy ... stuff ... from a certain shifty fellow.

who? what fellow?

I took down another red one. 2 fairies this time but lots of flurry attacks. I'm slowly getting this to spawn more often. once he started blowing fire at me, i jumped up, and matrix'ed his head and let lose a crap tonne of bomb-arrows. i might use this technique for when i get a 5x bow.

I've been talking to a lot of people and they don't see why they'd replay it, and i am like are you kidding me? i am discovering a TONNE more stuff. this time, with a lot of things I'm just sticking to the main road, and I found so many Stone Tauli and Lynels. and chests! before I was just climbing every where, so i'd find more mining opportunities, and what not.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
The one in the coliseum seems to evolve as you progress in the game: first time I went there it was a basic one and last time I went it was a silver one.

You are pretty badass by beating one that early. Took me forever before I felled my first lynel!

apparently all lynels graduate from red, blue and white with time (or frequency of killings). i was mad that i killed a lynel and all i got was a 14 damage weapon. no fair.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Holy crap, cooking 5 hearty durians gives you 20 extra hearts. I did that and then took out some tests of strength. Looks like I'll be hitting up Faron Tower quite often.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
who? what fellow?

I took down another red one. 2 fairies this time but lots of flurry attacks. I'm slowly getting this to spawn more often. once he started blowing fire at me, i jumped up, and matrix'ed his head and let lose a crap tonne of bomb-arrows. i might use this technique for when i get a 5x bow.

I've been talking to a lot of people and they don't see why they'd replay it, and i am like are you kidding me? i am discovering a TONNE more stuff. this time, with a lot of things I'm just sticking to the main road, and I found so many Stone Tauli and Lynels. and chests! before I was just climbing every where, so i'd find more mining opportunities, and what not.

I assume he means the guy running the monster shop. He's part of a side quest in Akala.

As far as replaying goes: I found all shrines in my first playthrough (no guide was used to find them, I did look up solutions for a few of them however) so while I'm sure there is plenty of stuff I haven't found none of it would really affect gameplay.

I found the Lord of the Mountain the other day and while it was certainly very cool it doesn't do much for the gameplay.

I have a lot of thoughts on how the game was designed. I am reay curious to see who is going to pull off copying and improving on the template BotW has now shown the world.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
yeah the Lynel I killed had like 3300 HP. And it dropped kind of disappointing weapons, to be honest. Except for the triple shot bow.

Master Sword! Man, that scene is chill inducing.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I assume he means the guy running the monster shop. He's part of a side quest in Akala.

As far as replaying goes: I found all shrines in my first playthrough (no guide was used to find them, I did look up solutions for a few of them however) so while I'm sure there is plenty of stuff I haven't found none of it would really affect gameplay.

I found the Lord of the Mountain the other day and while it was certainly very cool it doesn't do much for the gameplay.

I have a lot of thoughts on how the game was designed. I am reay curious to see who is going to pull off copying and improving on the template BotW has now shown the world.

yah i found Kilton this time.

i am not even going to lie. I am so team walkthrough. some of them i just COULD NOT fine (because the sensor would go off and i'm like where the ever loving crap is this thing) and it would be across the ocean or something. so my little thing is - let me find what i can, then use the guide to point me in the right direction.

same with some of the koroks. (i don't neeed 100 percent)

my one little thing on how nintendo could fix this: make a "tools" inventory. drillpick, axe, torch, iron sledgehammer. boom. then i don't have to toss my giant thunderblade to do a shrine ;)

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I've had to use a walkthrough like twice so far. One was for the Gerudo Tower (because I was tower hunting and I had NO IDEA where it was) and the other was for the Lost Woods shrine with the constellations. I couldn't figure it out.

I'm up to 41 shrines and that was the only one I had to look up.

I did make it through the Lost Woods okay though.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
my one little thing on how nintendo could fix this: make a "tools" inventory. drillpick, axe, torch, iron sledgehammer. boom. then i don't have to toss my giant thunderblade to do a shrine ;)

it does bother me that I have to toss cool weapons just to have a decent stock of powerful or useful ones

but I also thank Nintendo for "creating" a weapon inventory slot for the Master Sword.

"we're sorry, you can't pick up the blade of legend....drop that torch first"

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
it does bother me that I have to toss cool weapons just to have a decent stock of powerful or useful ones

but I also thank Nintendo for "creating" a weapon inventory slot for the Master Sword.

"we're sorry, you can't pick up the blade of legend....drop that torch first"

So then you put it back in the stone and need yet another 13 hearts. :laugh:

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Beat my first Lynel!

A white one inside the Colisseum ruins.

areyounotentertained.jpg

Also got my 13th heart. It's

[spoil]Master Sword time.[/spoil]

I'm not that far into the game (have 7 hearts and beaten about 20 shrines), but I beat a Lynel - the one near Shatterback Point.

I just ate a meal that gave me several bonus hearts, and another meal that gave me a mid-level defense boost, and it wasn't too bad.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Pro-Tip: Cook just one of any truffle with no other ingredients and it will give you full recovery + 1-4 food. The rest of my food I just use for stat boosts.

I beat the game. Here is how I feel:

[SPOIL]Really enjoyed the cutscenes, ending, and fight itself. However, I thought it was too easy. Calamity Ganon was a better fight than Dark Beast Ganon, but beating the 4 Divine Beasts takes 1/2 its life away. At no point in the Dark Beast Ganon fight did I feel like I could lose, or even get hit. I think it needed a third more challenging phase, maybe one with a humanoid type Ganon. I felt a bit disconnected from him, where as I didn't in other games because A) he spoke and B) Zelda, Link, and Ganon were eternally cursed to come together and battle over the triforce throughout eternity. There is also no reason the most difficult fights in the game should be Lynels and not the end boss. That is my only complaint throughout the whole game. It is a solid 10/10, an instant generational classic, and one of the best games I've ever played.[/SPOIL]

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I watched the first 20 minutes on a stream and....I REALLY want to play this game. I just don't know if I will use a Wii U/Switch for much else, so I don't think I want it enough to pay $300 for it minimum. But my god does it look beautiful.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Pro-Tip: Cook just one of any truffle with no other ingredients and it will give you full recovery + 1-4 food. The rest of my food I just use for stat boosts.

I beat the game. Here is how I feel:

[SPOIL]Really enjoyed the cutscenes, ending, and fight itself. However, I thought it was too easy. Calamity Ganon was a better fight than Dark Beast Ganon, but beating the 4 Divine Beasts takes 1/2 its life away. At no point in the Dark Beast Ganon fight did I feel like I could lose, or even get hit. I think it needed a third more challenging phase, maybe one with a humanoid type Ganon. I felt a bit disconnected from him, where as I didn't in other games because A) he spoke and B) Zelda, Link, and Ganon were eternally cursed to come together and battle over the triforce throughout eternity. There is also no reason the most difficult fights in the game should be Lynels and not the end boss. That is my only complaint throughout the whole game. It is a solid 10/10, an instant generational classic, and one of the best games I've ever played.[/SPOIL]

that was how i felt about the Boss. I never felt scared (even though i was down to like 2 shields and one of them was my 2 durability wooden shield in case i got caught down in lightning because i can't perfect parry). even if the DB's didn't do what it did - i never felt overwhelmed. I agree with you about the disconnect as well. i think very much that was lost within the whole story. there was no real sense of "urgency" or danger. that you got in TP/SS/WW/OoT.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Good luck finding a way to instill urgency in a game that so strongly encourages you to pick a direction, start running and stop to see everything you can as you head that way.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Good luck finding a way to instill urgency in a game that so strongly encourages you to pick a direction, start running and stop to see everything you can as you head that way.

lol i dunno, earthquakes, or creeping danger or even NPCs noticin things are off. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad