The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I have played BOTW for at least several hours with pratically every controller option available.

Wii U Pro Controller - Tremendous. Love this controller.
Wi U Gamepad - plays good, looks hideous.
Joy-con grip - Works perfectly fine. Very comfortable.
Switch handheld mode - Least comfortable way to play, by far.
Switch pro controller - Works great. To be honest I still like the Wii U pro controller better though.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I am curious as to what controllers people used. I found the JoyCons extremely uncomfortable when attached to the Switch, but didn't try them otherwise. I used to Switch Pro Controller. It's a tad heavy, but one of the most comfortable controllers I've ever used.

I go either joy cons with the little sliders attached or the grip. Love how both handle.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Went off on an adventure into uncharted territories. Found Kass and had to blow up some rocks and then glide on some air streams to reveal a Shrine.

Then I found my first Lynel. It was blue maned. And I killed it. First try. :)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i have to find that hidden kass shrine.
i'm trying to trigger the red Moon one.

can i GET a red moon now? of course not.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
i have to find that hidden kass shrine.
i'm trying to trigger the red Moon one.

can i GET a red moon now? of course not.

Just build a fire and keeping waiting until night. You don't actually have to wait for the blood moon to peak, it just has to be the night of. The platform will light up when it is a blood moon.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Just build a fire and keeping waiting until night. You don't actually have to wait for the blood moon to peak, it just has to be the night of. The platform will light up when it is a blood moon.

oh i know. i was doing it for an hour. the thing isn't triggering.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Blood Moons have no rhyme or reason that I can ascertain.

They'll happen 3 times in one night, and then I won't see one for several days.

It's pretty annoying how it repeats the same cutscene that you need to routinely skip and waste time waiting for a load screen.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Got a Red Moon (and no word of a lie after that one i had like 5 in a row... this game :laugh:) 85 shrines done, (and i know there are 3 in the lost woods so mark that 88)....almost there.

still not bothering with all the korok seeds.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Did the labyrinth above Akkala Tech Lab. Wasn't that difficult.

Onto Gerudo and the 3rd Divine Beast. Love how this game isn't afraid to dress you up like a lady. This is 2017, don't assume genders! :laugh:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Got a Red Moon (and no word of a lie after that one i had like 5 in a row... this game :laugh:) 85 shrines done, (and i know there are 3 in the lost woods so mark that 88)....almost there.

still not bothering with all the korok seeds.

I believe about 50% of them are useless, you only need 400 and bit to get all the inventory slots you can get.

It's a bit too bad about the seeds: I never upgraded anything besides my melee weapons slots. Weapons are plentiful in this game, I really hate it when people say the degradation makes you not want to use your good weapons; talk about completely missing the point.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I believe about 50% of them are useless, you only need 400 and bit to get all the inventory slots you can get.

It's a bit too bad about the seeds: I never upgraded anything besides my melee weapons slots. Weapons are plentiful in this game, I really hate it when people say the degradation makes you not want to use your good weapons; talk about completely missing the point.

to be fair, get both sides. I am very loathe to use my good weapons (like i had great attack stats or something). but you do stumble across a lot of great ones so it's not the biggest of deals. i basically just use my fire greatblade and be done with it. (guardian weapons on guardians)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You can farm guardian weapons since the shrine guardians come back after blood moons.

Every single melee weapon I have besides the Master Sword is an ancient one.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I just use the Master Sword on guardians

SPEAKING OF WHICH, there's a sidequest in Tarrey Town that requires you to beat two guardians in the wetlands. Well....I did. And I can't get the guy to acknowledge it. Once a blood moon appeared, so I had to beat them again. But the guy only shows up for like an hour a day walking to that house. Then you can't talk to him. I'm so confused.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I just use the Master Sword on guardians

SPEAKING OF WHICH, there's a sidequest in Tarrey Town that requires you to beat two guardians in the wetlands. Well....I did. And I can't get the guy to acknowledge it. Once a blood moon appeared, so I had to beat them again. But the guy only shows up for like an hour a day walking to that house. Then you can't talk to him. I'm so confused.

Feed his kid a monster cake
[spoil] tabantha wheat, cane sugar, fresh milk and monster elixir[/spoil] so shes gets out of the house. He spends the evenings with her watching the sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->