The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i FINALLY found the snowbowling game. made 4,800 rupees very quickly.
i am finding a lot more stuff then i did in my first game.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Turns out out the gems are used only to craft certain pieces of armor and the type of gem determines what kind of resistance it will have. A character will be able to craft them for you if you complete their sidequest. Not being able to craft elemental weapons is a real bummer.

Basically, sell the gems. Honestly I never thought elemental damage was an issue. Dodging enemies is a bit too easy in this game if you ask me.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I sold some and always made sure to stay in the double digits just in case I needed them. Used some of them for the resistance pieces but really don't think I'll need them.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
is the elephant divine beast the only one you don't see a cut scene terrorizing the people?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
also re: gems. there are 7 rare gem Stone Talui around the world. knowing THAT + they come back all the time, yah i'm selling mah gems lmao.

i think (not just the equipment) - there's one set of armour that needs gems but those are very easily found.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Turns out out the gems are used only to craft certain pieces of armor and the type of gem determines what kind of resistance it will have. A character will be able to craft them for you if you complete their sidequest. Not being able to craft elemental weapons is a real bummer.

Basically, sell the gems. Honestly I never thought elemental damage was an issue. Dodging enemies is a bit too easy in this game if you ask me.

I havnt been able to dodge a single lynel attack yet :cry:

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I have no issue with the sword or the spear Lynels, but the one and only time I challenged one with a giant hammer was a lesson in pain. Not doing that again.

In any case they're pretty easily the most powerful overworld unit I've ever come across. Much stronger than the actual bosses.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I am determined to Lynel farm. they buff up some armour.
but honestly even Guardians don't bug me, but these buggers. ..

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I havnt been able to dodge a single lynel attack yet :cry:

True, I have a hard time against them as well.

Found a silver one in the coliseum ruins but with my fourth level armor I just took the hits and pummeled it into submission.

Definitely will look to keep heart totals and armor levels low for my second pkaythrough.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i just killed a lynel. took a mighty elixir and three maximum hearts dishes (and 4 fairies) to get that sucker. holy. moses. a lot of "RUN LINK!" no "WHY ARE YOU ON THE GROUND LINK!" DAMNIT, LINK FLY!!!" before i got him.

that + the edge of duality. which is NOT the best weapon to use in a Lynel fight. I also triggered a couple of Flurry attacks. HOW, i don't know, but thank god I did because i was one hit KO away.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I've got the Lynels down to where I rarely get hit, especially the ones that wield swords. I have yet to encounter one with a hammer though. Managed to get a Savage Lynel Shield with 81 defense, which is my best haul yet.

Melee attack: Jump back
Charge with weapon: Jump back
Charge without weapon: Jump to the side
Fireball attack: Sprint to the side and after the third shot, shoot him in the head to stagger him. When staggered, you can run up and mount them to get a couple free shots in.
AoE Explosion Attack: Just run away and then run back in. Never let a Lynel pull out his bow.

I think the Lynels that use Spears have a leaping attack that you just need to run away from because it has an AoE effect as they land.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
best death ever.
go up a waterfall - get a korok - ran out of stamina and crashed down on a platform - NOT into the waterfall - triggered a fairy, but i found a hidden strine

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I've got the Lynels down to where I rarely get hit, especially the ones that wield swords. I have yet to encounter one with a hammer though. Managed to get a Savage Lynel Shield with 81 defense, which is my best haul yet.

Melee attack: Jump back
Charge with weapon: Jump back
Charge without weapon: Jump to the side
Fireball attack: Sprint to the side and after the third shot, shoot him in the head to stagger him. When staggered, you can run up and mount them to get a couple free shots in.
AoE Explosion Attack: Just run away and then run back in. Never let a Lynel pull out his bow.

I think the Lynels that use Spears have a leaping attack that you just need to run away from because it has an AoE effect as they land.

my issue is jumping back at the right time. i either do it too early (not triggering a flurry attack) or too late, and he whacks me and Link is so stunned he moves groggly and can't move fast enough and i get walloped again.

also these stupid beasts of burden have incredible !'s because he saw me, and i ran away and i thought i was safe, and then all of a sudden it's raining shock arrows. the hell?!

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Two divine beasts down (Ruto temple and Zora temple), two to go.

I did the Goron one instead of the Ruto for my 2nd.

I wandered around like an idiot before I figured out the 2nd phase boss :laugh: I felt dumb because it's pretty obvious in hindsight what you need to do. MUCH easier than the Zora temple.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Got my 2nd memory today while en route to the last couple of towers. That one was much easier than the first - my 7 year old pointed out "dad, go on that rock!" :laugh:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Thing is, getting onboard requires a lot of stamina!

yah it did nd even cheesing stamina food for that one is kinda risk.

i just realised i can't copy/paste over my second file to my first file. so it's going to bother me now that my second file has all these goodies (and so i should play everything else in my dummy file) vs. my original file.

(like it really matters because since you only have ONE file, even if i 100 percented everything in my next playthrough i would have had to delete everything. but still. it bugs me ;) )

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Any good place to stock up on arrows in Hyrule? Right now I'm bouncing from town to town (and the Akkala lab) to restock periodically. There's gotta be a better way.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Any good place to stock up on arrows in Hyrule? Right now I'm bouncing from town to town (and the Akkala lab) to restock periodically. There's gotta be a better way.

I usually bounce back and forth between stables and hit up Beedle. Gerudo has a bunch for sale, and Kakariko has a decent inventory.

There is a glitch in the game where you can find a bunch of bokoblins on horseback, raise the camera to a bird's eye view, and they cannot hit you. Their arrows will pepper the ground around you and are available for pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad