The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
If I go straight to the Rito beast after getting the paraglider and the cold-resistant clothes am I going to get my ass kicked? Don't want to head all the way over there and get demolished.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If I go straight to the Rito beast after getting the paraglider and the cold-resistant clothes am I going to get my ass kicked? Don't want to head all the way over there and get demolished.

i'm not sure.
when i got to that area, it's full of black/white mooks, and very little red/blue ones. (and the ones with the red eyes are more powerful then normal black eyes).

however i read that the more you kill the more things evolve, so you technically should be okay. the boos in Medoh isn't any tougher than the one in the others (actually, i'll be dead honest, out of the 4 - i always found Ruta's to be the toughest for me).

hocky

Apr 8, 2011
So I just beat Ganon after only freeing one of the Divine Beasts. Kinda cool they let you do this, but also kinda a letdown in difficulty. And it seems he's immensely easier if you free all the Divine Beasts

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
So I just went to Impa before going to the Rito beast. She said something about getting memories but then I just talked to her again and told her I'm ready. Am I missing out on anything important or interesting here? If I can't hunt down the memories now I'm going to load up an earlier save.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
So I just went to Impa before going to the Rito beast. She said something about getting memories but then I just talked to her again and told her I'm ready. Am I missing out on anything important or interesting here? If I can't hunt down the memories now I'm going to load up an earlier save.

You can still hunt them down.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Enemie strength scales with the amount of kills you have I believe.

that's what i've heard yah

so like if you really don't kill anything, Tabantha Region should be just fine. lol which could mean that by the time you get to Zora's domain, you're fighting all these white mooks w/shock abilities.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
Enemie strength scales with the amount of kills you have I believe.

oh seriously??? i had no clue at all

i'm currently at 52 shrines and 65 seeds...i still have half of gerudo to explore, the region directly south of the starter region, the one south west of that aswell, death mountain, and the smaller region north east of gerudo

this game is huge

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
You can still hunt them down.

OK, thanks.

What are these random groups of metal boxes out in the wilderness that I see everywhere? I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something with them but I can't figure out what. It's always like a group of boxes and then one box that I move around with magnesis.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
OK, thanks.

What are these random groups of metal boxes out in the wilderness that I see everywhere? I feel like I'm supposed to be doing something with them but I can't figure out what. It's always like a group of boxes and then one box that I move around with magnesis.

Align them a certain way to get a Korok seed.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
yeah it's usually "match one to look like the other" but there are variations on it

also

- look for big holes that look like they can fit boulders, put a boulder in it
- circles of rocks, there is ALWAYS a small rock (or two or three) nearby to complete the circle
- small rocks tied to trees, magnesis the rock up into the hollowed tree

oh and climb EVERYTHING

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
TFW when you've been grinding, griiiiiiiinding your way through a part of the map, thinking you just suck at the game or are having a hard time acclimating to the new systems and balance.... only to discover a few hours later, you totally missed the much easier, smoother path North.

:laugh:

I gotta learn to go 'nope' and look in another direction, lol, even if it feels like the next item on the crit path is in front of me.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Completed the Rito Divine Beast (kinda easy). Headed north to explore Hebra. Climbed a tall ass peak, looked for the Tower, found it, used Revali's Gale, then started to glide over to it. I used a few stamina recovery items and ended up landing on top of the tower. After activating the map I saw a labyrinth up north. Head that direction and a silver lynel was blocking my path. Fought it, died. Repeat x2. Finally killed it and proceeded. Completed the maze and that was my night.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
So I hit some BS today with my wolf link amiibo. He has (had) 20 hearts on him but when I used him just a hour ago he only had 3 hearts (he had 20 hearts earlier today). I tried re-loading but nope. I'm at the point where I encounter a lot of powerful enemies so they can usually one-shot him and this has virtually rendered him useless. Anyone else experience this kind of cheese?

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
So I hit some BS today with my wolf link amiibo. He has (had) 20 hearts on him but when I used him just a hour ago he only had 3 hearts (he had 20 hearts earlier today). I tried re-loading but nope. I'm at the point we I encounter a lot of powerful enemies so they can usually one-shot him and this have virtually rendered him useless. Anyone else experience this kind of cheese?

Not yet. Hope it doesn't happen to me. I love that little bugger and his 20 hearts of enemy pestering. :laugh:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
for those who asked about heading into Tabanatha/Hebra first right off the Plateau.
I did this - the mooks are def. black/white (for Moblins, Boblins) and LOTS of red-eye rabied ones. so.
what i did was activated towers (go figure third time playing, and i just realised that Tabantha tower actually had a path so clearly layed out).

(yes i'm playing a third time.. but i don't think "intense" just more of "answering questions" etc) - i just didn't feel like knitting/reading or progressing in my other games.

this game is so flipping addictive

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I started heading in the direction of Rito almost a week ago and I'm not even close yet. Ended up getting sidetracked doing stuff near Gerudo town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->