The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't think I got that one, who gives you that quest?

you can get this sidequest, by going to the house next to the inn in Tarry Town. go around the back and eavesdrop (BAD LINK!) then it will trigger.

the father also gives you the Guardian sidequest.

this second playthrough i am not getting bombarded with Yiga people :( so i can't finish the sidequest for the kid in Hateno.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I thought it was the best one by far.

Elephant was my fav. so was the Salamander.
I did like the Bird but it was too easy lol. just more of "here. try it." that's why it makes me wonder even though things point you towards Zora's domain first, if Rito Village is where the game actually thought you'd play first

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I put in about 4 hours yesterday. Ventured off into the desert and found the Gerudo Town, but haven't been granted access. I also found the camel (the first divine beast I've seen) and tried to board it. Failed miserably.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I put in about 4 hours yesterday. Ventured off into the desert and found the Gerudo Town, but haven't been granted access. I also found the camel (the first divine beast I've seen) and tried to board it. Failed miserably.

you can't board the camel until you get into Gerudo. :D

100 shrines down. 20 to go. i will have to say. this is very tedious now. LOL

I think now i have to start doing some divine beasts so i can get the rest of the shrines that activate after everything is peaceful.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY

How to get in:

[spoil]dress up like a woman. Seriously. There's a person outside town that'll help. You end up back at the bazaar I believe. You get some women's clothing. Oh, and don't even take it off within Gerudo's walls.[/spoil]

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I did my 1st divine beast yesterday, the elephant.

i was fun, but i was kind of hoping it would be a dungeon like most zelda games (OOT, ALTTP, TP,etc)

This game is amazing, i'm having a lot fun exploring

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
How to get in:

[spoil]dress up like a woman. Seriously. There's a person outside town that'll help. You end up back at the bazaar I believe. You get some women's clothing. Oh, and don't even take it off within Gerudo's walls.[/spoil]

The guy outside the shrine at the walls told me about the Bazaar, but I totally avoided that [the Bazaar] when traveling to the city. So I had no clue where that Bazaar was until I looked it up this morning.

I gave up and went exploring up north.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I did my 1st divine beast yesterday, the elephant.

i was fun, but i was kind of hoping it would be a dungeon like most zelda games (OOT, ALTTP, TP,etc)

This game is amazing, i'm having a lot fun exploring

They've just split the whole "dungeon" thing between the DB's and the shrines. I get why they did it this way but I agree, I'd love if the DLC brought some sort of "underground dungeons" or something as a second quest. Something more traditional.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Hah! I ran past that one outlook that was surrounded by ice and thought "how the **** am I supposed to get up there", then people around Rito town started talking about some special ability and I knew I had to have it.

Rito was actually the first dungeon I did. Then Zora. I have Goron unlocked but haven't started it yet, and haven't ventured out to the Gerudo beast yet.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
I got the Master Sword, entered Gerudo town, and beat Medoh last night, although most surprising to me, was how much of a letdown the Ganon boss was for Medoh. (and a minor gripe with BOTW's dependence on range attacks, either straightforward or waiting until you can get enough arrows).

Tonight, I got as far as meeting up with the Gerudo chief outside of town, but still wishing to explore more first. And the downside with open world games, is that my initial approach to Gerudo town a couple weeks ago took me completely around the bazaar. (ditto with my initial approach to kakariko village).

Up to 50 shines down, I do like most of the puzzle ones, and I'm at the point that the modest tests of strength aren't difficult to just brute smash those guardians.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
If anyone is still early on in the game, do the Rito Divine Beast early. It will give you one of the best abilities in the game for exploration.

LOL when i play this again (for the third time) i am just making a beeline for Rito and getting this power. it's so awesome. I swear it feels that this should have been the first place, but technically - you get it last.

115 shrines down. i know where ONE is... but it's the other 4 i have to discover. guh.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
LOL when i play this again (for the third time) i am just making a beeline for Rito and getting this power. it's so awesome. I swear it feels that this should have been the first place, but technically - you get it last.

115 shrines down. i know where ONE is... but it's the other 4 i have to discover. guh.

And it was incredibly easy inside the beast compared to the other three. Wow.

With all four beasts down, time to explore....

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I find in order of difficulty it's

Medoh (easiest), Ruta, Rudania and Nooboris (hardest) for me.

this is so annoying. I have to find 3 shrines and i have zero idea where to go i might do a cursory look one more time if not - time to be Gagon again. which is poop because i wanted to do 100 percent shrines this go around.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
oh. Zelda Dungeon has the best map ever. you can actually click WHAT YOU HAVE DONE. so if you wanted to get everything in an area you can totally do it and either (ADD), or (REMOVE).

now i can find the shrines i'm missing.

also. when you beat all of the Kass missions + do Warbler's Recital. go back to Rito Village, and it's the cutest scene.

Yatta! I got everything :)
time to finally put Zelda to bed. (again). i don't really intend on doing this again until the DLC update. two playthroughs back to back is enough ;)

I guess you have to decide between full hearts and full stamina. i'm "3" short in the heart department.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad