The Laine/Torts relationship

Vapaatunnus

Feb 2, 2021
If your boss acts like a tool, the correct response is not to become a tool yourself. There is a hierarchy in this relationship that needs to be respected at all times. Professionalism is another word for it.
And in another world you just quit that job and go to next one, like PLD did. :D

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I guess nowhere, but as you happened to mention Patrick Kane + behaving, I guess that was just too easy for @Snaibberi to bring up. Patrick Kane and his off-ice behavior is hopefully not a role model for Patrik Laine to follow.
I thought play of there players (I wrote Kucherov and Ovechkin too) their leadership. By the way what Kane do? I don't know anything about his off-ice behavior.

Reactions: Halberdier

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I know a guy who had a friend who once was in the same hotel with Laine and he told that his uncle told that Laine stole his lunchbox and sacrificed children for satan... So that must be true!
Sorry I didn't know about Kane off-ice behavior I thought their leader quality.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
By the way what Kane do? I don't know anything about his off-ice behavior.

This:

"
Misdemeanor charges

On August 9, 2009, Kane and his cousin, James M. Kane, were arrested in Buffalo. According to a police report, Kane was apprehended around 5:00 a.m. after allegedly punching cab driver Jan Radecki when he claimed to not have proper change for their trip fare. Kane and his cousin's cab fare came out to be $14.80, and they gave him $15.00.[55]
Kane was charged with second-degree robbery, fourth-degree criminal mischief, and theft of services. He pleaded not guilty. On August 17, Kane apologized for the distress he caused, saying he had been "at the wrong place at the wrong time," and mentioned his family, the Chicago Blackhawks organization, and their fan base—but not Radecki.[56] Kane and his cousin appeared before a grand jury on August 19.[57] While they were cleared of any felony charges, the two were still indicted on less severe misdemeanor assault, theft and harassment charges.[57] Kane and his cousin reiterated their not guilty pleas when appearing in court the next day. On August 27, Kane and cousin pleaded guilty to noncriminal disorderly conduct charges, and were both given conditional discharges, avoiding any penalties if they stayed out of trouble for a year, and also ordered to apologize to Radecki.[58]"

Patrick Kane - Wikipedia

Later rape accusation against Kane appeared to be unfounded, but that 2009 incident was true.

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

Nate070

Sep 15, 2010
Maldives
I thought play of there players (I wrote Kucherov and Ovechkin too) their leadership. By the way what Kane do? I don't know anything about his off-ice behavior.
Have you been living under a rock mr? Looks like Kane has matured though so i have not heard of any issues lately...

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Have you been living under a rock mr? Looks like Kane has matured though so i have not heard of any issues lately...
It's true I don't interesting similar things if a player doesn't play here. Only if he comes I would try to find out something.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
This:

"
Misdemeanor charges

On August 9, 2009, Kane and his cousin, James M. Kane, were arrested in Buffalo. According to a police report, Kane was apprehended around 5:00 a.m. after allegedly punching cab driver Jan Radecki when he claimed to not have proper change for their trip fare. Kane and his cousin's cab fare came out to be $14.80, and they gave him $15.00.[55]
Kane was charged with second-degree robbery, fourth-degree criminal mischief, and theft of services. He pleaded not guilty. On August 17, Kane apologized for the distress he caused, saying he had been "at the wrong place at the wrong time," and mentioned his family, the Chicago Blackhawks organization, and their fan base—but not Radecki.[56] Kane and his cousin appeared before a grand jury on August 19.[57] While they were cleared of any felony charges, the two were still indicted on less severe misdemeanor assault, theft and harassment charges.[57] Kane and his cousin reiterated their not guilty pleas when appearing in court the next day. On August 27, Kane and cousin pleaded guilty to noncriminal disorderly conduct charges, and were both given conditional discharges, avoiding any penalties if they stayed out of trouble for a year, and also ordered to apologize to Radecki.[58]"

Patrick Kane - Wikipedia

Later rape accusation against Kane appeared to be unfounded, but that 2009 incident was true.
Yeah, I absolutelly forgot it. Although I only knew something was but what I didn't.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Lol, the only thing the CBJ are known for right now is drama
Theyll make the oridanary stanley cup documentary too, but whats gonna sell best is the soap series they are making about blue jackets. :D :sarcasm:

Yes, totally joking but.. this came so fast just after dubois left its worth a joke.

sakux

Feb 5, 2013
This is going great :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

If true, Laine deserves the benching. You don't mouth off to your boss and if you are so emotional that you let your emotions cloud your judgement and direct your actions, you need meditation. This is not how men should act.

But let's see what actually happened. Journalism today is often cringeworthy when you find out what actually went on.

Wtf!?

Of course you do! You don't take shit just because someone is your boss. This just shows Tortorella is a insecure twat that wants to play the authority card.

He should realize the he, just as Laine is a commodity. Though a less valuable one.

Reactions: Moe Mantha

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Laine needs to shut up and play, Torts needs to chill. The team just went 2-2 (which could've easily been 3-1) against two of the toughest teams in the league, they're doing pretty good for themselves.

Laine scored 3 goals in 3 games, all things considered that's not a bad start. People are acting like he should have come out like McDavid after playing 1 full game in the past year. I get having high expectations, but there's a point when those expectations become unreasonable. Beyond scoring a hat-trick in each game, I'm not sure if there was anything he could have done to satisfy the critics.

Dubois debut wasn't that impressive either, that happens when a guy has not been playing for prolonged periods.

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
What I want to know is how this stuff leaks. The Jackets most likely aren’t the only team with issues but we look like a joke with all the drama. I doubt it’s Torts or Jarmo. That’s not who they are.
My money is on a player.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Laine needs to shut up and play, Torts needs to chill. The team just went 2-2 (which could've easily been 3-1) against two of the toughest teams in the league, they're doing pretty good for themselves.

Laine scored 3 goals in 3 games, all things considered that's not a bad start. People are acting like he should have come out like McDavid after playing 1 full game in the past year. I get having high expectations, but there's a point when those expectations become unreasonable. Beyond scoring a hat-trick in each game, I'm not sure if there was anything he could have done to satisfy the critics.

Dubois debut wasn't that impressive either, that happens when a guy has not been playing for prolonged periods.

A voice of reason, how is it possible?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
What I want to know is how this stuff leaks. The Jackets most likely aren’t the only team with issues but we look like a joke with all the drama. I doubt it’s Torts or Jarmo. That’s not who they are.
My money is on a player.
Came from Torts camp most likely ... he was getting trashed for his antics , and we all know Torts ego is as big as it gets . Rewind a few weeks ago when Jarmo and PlD agent said they would keep trade request in house , what’s Torts do .. goes on a radio show .. it becomes a question of is Torts a reason PLD wants out , and Torts opens the floodgates and started talking about PLD , even calling him out on air as to he should be man enough to tell his team the reason why .

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
My money is on a player.
Your forgetting Torts radio interview / ego ... Did the whole situation with PLD / Jarmo keeping it in house , and Torts blew that up going on a radio show and going as far to call PLD out and demand he tell his teammates why , fly over your head ?

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Your forgetting Torts radio interview / ego ... Did the whole situation with PLD / Jarmo keeping it in house , and Torts blew that up going on a radio show and going as far to call PLD out and demand he tell his teammates why , fly over your head ?

It was already out when Torts was on that show, he didn't leak anything.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I said it twice, and I’ll say it thrice:

I’d rather be bad and principled than good and entitled/lazy.

Laine talked a good game before arriving in Columbus. People don’t change overnight. Time will tell if he’ll take his medicine. This is the first dose. If it doesn’t work long term, he’ll be the guy whose selfish play got jettisoned from two teams by age 23. And I’ll still stand behind Torts. The preponderance of evidence shows he backs his players, doesn’t play favorites, and adheres to fundamental coaching principles. If all the “good” players in the modern NHL don’t want to be part of it, then I’m fine being bad, because how you win is just as important as winning. Unless you’re really just into lining the pockets of billionaires with your fandom. The spirit of the game matters.

Can anybody honestly tell me they don’t miss Brandon Dubinsky?!?

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Apparently it has to be repeated in this thread as well...

A Notice To Some Visiting Fans Of The Winnipeg Jets:
We understand and appreciate that you have an interest in seeing how a high-profile former Jet is doing on his new team. That's all well and good and reasonable. We also appreciate new insights when they're made available. But attempting to restart old arguments with folks who came here along with Laine is absolutely not going to fly here. Please play nice when visiting our board. Thanks.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Short resume. Something happened, and the result was that Torts decided to raise Patrik to make him a professional. Everything is logical, a young guy versus a demanding coach who decided to improve not only Laine's game, but also his professional qualities too. But then the fans of Laine, the journalists joined in. The continuation is logical. The first made with Torts, figuratively speaking, almost a bloodthirsty maniac who wants to kill a talented NHL star, for journalists is profitable to make from fly an elephant. And it has started... .
Simply said if I would want to create a site about hockey I could wrote one year only about it.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
It was already out when Torts was on that show, he didn't leak anything.
There was agreement with Jarmo and PLDs agent to not discuss and keep it in house, Jarmo told agent they agreed with this, and then Torts went on air, and took it personal, even calling pld out on air to tell his teammates why... fast forward a few days from the fallout... Torts benches PLD story blows up, and PLD is traded within 72 hrs .

Reactions: Lurch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad