Value of: The guy you're terrified of trading?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Terrified of trading? no one for Boston. I'll say though that I'd hate to see them sell low on Jake DeBrusk.

DeBrusk screams Reilly Smith. Young guy who had some success and struggled with maturity and grows up and goes on to be very good top 6 guy. Terrified, like you say, isn’t the right word, but I think the team would want to avoid a Jimmy Hayes type deal again!

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
DeBrusk screams Reilly Smith. Young guy who had some success and struggled with maturity and grows up and goes on to be very good top 6 guy. Terrified, like you say, isn’t the right word, but I think the team would want to avoid a Jimmy Hayes type deal again!

Have to wonder just how much the isolation due to covid protocols affected him. Young gun, no family or significant other, no real team functions that weren't practice or games.

Reactions: wintersej

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I don't think this post is unfair at all. I'd agree with your list, but I'd replace Valimaki with Hanifin. Valimaki looked unreal outside the NHL, but so far he has resembled the dumpster fire that has burned in Edmonton since 1962.

1962 might be a bit harsh, no?

For whatever reason, I’m not a Hanifin fan. I can’t put my finger on what it is, just not a fan. He has been better this year but is that progression in his game or playing with one of the better defensive Dmen in the game with Tanev? (I can’t believe I missed Tanev in my list of Flames that I value)

I feel that, this being Valamaki’s first full NHL season, he has done ok. I like some little things in his game but also acknowledge he has some flaws that I think he will overcome with experience.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I was was scared of losing Mantha before the trade. He was our most talented goal scorer by far. Now I would have to say Hronek. He didn’t have the best year but he was on an absolutely terrible team. The wings were worse then the standing show. He isn’t a number one guy but in a team with a better supporting cast he would be a huge piece to have

Reactions: decaguard

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I'll say Drouin, but for the opposite reason. I hope he can go out and succeed somewhere else away from all the BS.

Reactions: LordZapp

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Caleb Jones
Tyler Benson
Evan Bouchard

Jones because I think we'd get very little back for him. Benson because I think he'd be an additional piece and I'm a big fan of his play. Bouchard because he should've been a regular in the NHL this season and if we trade him (which I hope never happens) then we are trading low!

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Conor Timmins. He’s played so so well the past 15 games. So many flashes of high end transition and passing skills. Great handles. High hockey IQ. Good compete level. RHD with a good shot.

he appears to have reestablished himself with the Avs as a future middle pair role. Has played like the high end prospect he was touted to be.

Second is Newhook. Holy hell is he fast. He’s obvious on most shifts.

Reactions: Paralyzer008

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Ugh as an Avs fan, I'd love to snag him off your hands but there's almost no way the Wild would trade him to us. I guess from the Avs, I'd fear trading Timmins because I can see him turning into a real solid defenseman.
Greenway may get exposed to Seattle.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Keller, maybe Schmaltz and we better not be trading Garland.

Was certainly thinking Schmaltz. A 50-points pace this season, I really think he might explode somewhere else. For Keller, that's not a "might", but a certain thing, so he isn't the right answer for me.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hertl. He's such a great player. I think people realize he's good, but not how great he really is.

Wouldn't say he's struggling per se, but I think he could produce more.

Reactions: NB613 and Groo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad