Value of: The guy you're terrified of trading?

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
OTT - Brannstrom. Lots of talk of trading him cause of upcoming prospects. What happens when he's gone and team is lacking in offensive presence from the backend and he kills it on other teams...

CBJ - Laine. Has been crap, in a hostile situation. Few players have his upside, a trade would return nothing compared to his actual ability.

Reactions: Viqsi

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ugh as an Avs fan, I'd love to snag him off your hands but there's almost no way the Wild would trade him to us. I guess from the Avs, I'd fear trading Timmins because I can see him turning into a real solid defenseman.
Some Wild fans underestimate how much of a force Greenway can be. He needs to train better, though.

I've always liked Timmins. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him as a good top 4 Dman in a couple of years. Injuries have really hampered him.

Reactions: missionAvs

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Mikheyev. Maybe the fastest player in the league. Gets a breakaway every game. If he ever figures out his shot, the guy could put up 30 goals a year.

Reactions: North Cole

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Another vote for Zadina. One would look at his stats and be unimpressed but he's shown great flashes of being the best player on the ice for Detroit a number of times this year, then got Covid. Not that I think Yzerman would trade him, but Zadina has shown well thus far and he's only 21 and improved each year. I'd be rattled if he was traded and I know he'd start thriving instantly.

Reactions: golffuul

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think it's very unlikely, but I don't think Kakko is an instant no-go if the return is good enough. That scares me.

His scoring doesn't jump off the page but he put up outstanding underlying metrics and has a case to be top 10 for the Selke at 20 years old.

Somebody mentioned Mark Stone the other day and I was just like "....yeah, I see that."

Stone wasn't a full-time NHL player until his 23 YO season. Maybe Kakko isn't as "ready" as people thought but who cares? In that two-way power forward mold, he's ahead of where most guys were.

Reactions: haveandare

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
For the Red Wings, it's Cholowski. I'm hoping he's not the one put up for the expansion draft.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think it's very unlikely, but I don't think Kakko is an instant no-go if the return is good enough. That scares me.

His scoring doesn't jump off the page but he put up outstanding underlying metrics and has a case to be top 10 for the Selke at 20 years old.

Somebody mentioned Mark Stone the other day and I was just like "....yeah, I see that."

Stone wasn't a full-time NHL player until his 23 YO season. Maybe Kakko isn't as "ready" as people thought but who cares? In that two-way power forward mold, he's ahead of where most guys were.

To be fair Stone was a 6th round prospect with over 100 points in WHL with major skating issues.

He couldn't play nhl straight out of junior tbh, and was developed into a very strong player. One of his strongest defensive play is take aways.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Patrick Laine. It seems like the "flash in the pan" "doomed to ultimate failure" narrative has fully taken root for a lot of folks, but I suspect the situation's not nearly as cut and dry as that.

Reactions: Joel Ward

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
To be fair Stone was a 6th round prospect with over 100 points in WHL with major skating issues.

He couldn't play nhl straight out of junior tbh, and was developed into a very strong player. One of his strongest defensive play is take aways.
Major skating issues, you say?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Are we watching different teams? Mikheyev has McDavid level wheels. Hyman, Engvall and Rielly are pretty fast but they can't touch Mikheyev.
Mikheyev is even faster than McDavid. He just can't control the game at that pace like McDavid can. He's kind of like a Todd Marchant/Matthew Lombardi type.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Although not struggling, I feel Nylander may be on his way out eventually due to the flat cap.
He could blow up hard. He has the potential/skill to be a PPG+ player.

Sad thing is that going to another team might be the best thing for Willies career

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Turcotte.

The guy is a culture changer and has future "C" written all over him in addition to being just a full-bore high-pace player

I think he's gonna need his man strength to truly be a force because right now he's a reckless little crash test dummy but he's just so heart-and-soul and this franchise is f***ing gutless right now

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Mikheyev. Maybe the fastest player in the league. Gets a breakaway every game. If he ever figures out his shot, the guy could put up 30 goals a year.
He looks for all the World like Frank Mahovlich until he shoots the puck.

Fewer celly's, that's all.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005

Sounds like Austin Wagner...good luck with that.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I respect your opinion on here I’m just curious as to what I’m missing when watching Jones? He seems to lack hockey sense and is always running around.
He always does when he sits for a couple weeks and then tries to make too much of an impression. Settles down after a game(which was rare this year)

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Carey Price

It needs to happen, yet I would hate to see him go
I want him to win, but I also want him to win in Montreal only (impossible)

Also, what if we trade Price and then in two years time our only missing piece is a goalie???

Maybe it's best if he just retires

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Definietly Kakko. Dolan is a lunatic with his hand on the wheel and Kakko hasn’t been as flashy as expected. I could absolutely imagine him pushing Drury to move him for something flashier. He turned his defensive game around in a huge way this year snd he has the skills to be an offensive force still.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Vince Dunn. I could see him going to a more offensive team and putting up some serious pts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad