Value of: The guy you're terrified of trading?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I don't think we will trade Moanhan and quite frankly I could see him being here his whole career like Backs.

I like your optimism, but if anyone of the core is traded it's going to be him, and I really don't want him to go

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Everyone.
Hah
In particular Lundkvist, Robertson, Schneider, Jones

I have zero doubt of any of these guys being good NHL D. More then likely in their careers they will be Top 4 D or better in the NHL.. what’s scary is each and every one can be a top 2-3 D. Right now those 4 guys are fighting for 2 spots. I have no doubt we are trading 1 but more then likely 2. It makes me physically sick to lose 1 because as a NYR fan we have lacked top end talent on D forever.

if Jones turns into the next fox or similar player in the mold of fox- enough said

Schneider 6”3-6”4 with at mean streak at one 215 lbs and has untapped offensive potential. Can be looking at trading a beast.

Robertson is another big boy at 6”4 over 200. He’s going to be a shutdown monster. Positionally sound and gets physical when he needs to. Moves the puck well. My comp would be maybe a lil meaner version of Marc Staal with better offensive if he hits max potential. Staal was elite shutting down OVI and Crosby in the playoffs for year until injuries killed his career.

Lundkvist another all around excellent D that has Top pairing upside. Has a laser beam for a shot and is an excellent Defender. Fresh off a record setting season against men.

Losing 2 of them is going to blow unless the trade Miller which would suck too

HM is Gauthier. Kid has size, speed, and decent hands. Sucks that we might lost him for nothing, he just can’t get s string of games together playing with decent talent. He goes to the net, is good a long the boards I think he can be a 20/20 guy in the right situation for cheap money. He doesn’t go around plastering people although physically he can. It’s just not his game. But like I said potential to be A Big Fast 20/20 Rw

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hah
In particular Lundkvist, Robertson, Schneider, Jones

I have zero doubt of any of these guys being good NHL D. More then likely in their careers they will be Top 4 D in the NHL.. what’s scary is each and every one can be a top 2-3 D. Right now those 4 guys are fighting for 2 spots. I have no doubt we are trading 1 but more then likely 2. It makes me physically sick to lose 1 because as a NYR fan we have lacked top end talent on D forever.

if Jones turns into the next fox or similar player in the mold of fox- enough said

Schneider 6”3-6”4 with at mean streak at one 215 lbs and has untapped offensive potential. Can be looking at trading a beast.

I think Schneider is safe because he brings an element we need. I'm just worried that we're going to give up a stupid amount for Eichel.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Filip Chytil or Pavel Buchnevich
Chytil, who is emerging and struggled due to injury, yes
Buch not really struggling.
I like Filip's upside more.

Legit question, why would Lundkvist even be a guy that could be traded?
asked...
Because the Rangers want to be more competitive now and for them that means going after a big center this offseason
answered

will be a HUGE mistake if they trade any of these bluest blue chip elcs

until we know what we have in Jones, we should
sell high on Zib, Strome and Buch
sign Danault 7.25 but only 1-2 yrs
have a third line w/Kreider-Danault-Jones

kid has offense to play W
and can be emergency/reserve D here and there

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kreider looks like he's nursing some kind of injury
Foolishly, we have made our thoroughbred be our consistent only go to guy in front of the crease and he's gotten beaten up from taking that duty on exclusively.

Kreider has most of the physical gifts and with the right linemates ...

have always wondered what he'd be like on a line w/McD + MacKinnon at RW; beyond scary.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I think Schneider is safe because he brings an element we need. I'm just worried that we're going to give up a stupid amount for Eichel.
I dont think it would be more then we offered for him already. We know LaF wasn’t in deal. If anything Eichel’s value isn’t as high as it was a month ago. Injuries are certainly a question, plus it seems he grows more angry with Sabres Org. Only a matter of time before he publicly asks out IMO

Last edited:

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Kappo Kakko.

I fully believe Quinn kept him and Laf on a short leash till he felt they could play regular minutes and not be a defensive liability. One progressed quicker than the other which is fine by me. We're talking a year between very young kids playing versus older men.

That cavit aside, Kakko the last month looked almost like the kid that dominated his peers in his draft year. You could see the talent all the pundits salivate over starting to become more prevailing, for longer stretches of shifts and minutes and a consistent game by game basis.

If he doesn't break out after next preseason, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes soup to nuts after the Christmas break.

NYR will be sorry if they bounce this kid for expensive "Star" talent somewhere else in the line-up.

Reactions: gump116

DontLaughAtThat

Apr 12, 2017
Chytil, who is emerging and struggled due to injury, yes
Buch not really struggling.
I like Filip's upside more.

asked...

answered

will be a HUGE mistake if they trade any of these bluest blue chip elcs

until we know what we have in Jones, we should
sell high on Zib, Strome and Buch
sign Danault 7.25 but only 1-2 yrs
have a third line w/Kreider-Danault-Jones

kid has offense to play W
and can be emergency/reserve D here and there

Did you just say you want to give Danault 7mill?

Reactions: Barnaby

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
It was Bennett now its probably Kylington. Another guy our team has done their best to ensure becomes a bust.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Bit of a polarizing player over on our board, but I still believe in Sam Steel. Might have to rebuild his confidence a bit and get him to bulk up and improve his first step, but if you move him over to the wing, I could see him having a Wild Bill type of breakout. Man has produced everywhere he’s gone and I still have faith it will come at the NHL level

I agree, I still have a lot of hope for Steel.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
As an Islanders fan I'd be terrified of trading Devon Toews due to cap problems. That would be horrible and really worsen our 2nd pairing. He may have made a lot of boneheaded mistakes against TB but who doesn't? I sure hope he isn't a cap casualty. I'm especially terrified of trading him to a team that's built on speed where he could really could shine.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
In a Eichel trade
That’s pretty much the only way I see it as well. Kid can become a top 2 D in the mold of Adam Fox if he pans out. Rangers would look very stupid if they didn’t get a premier piece back for him at that happens.
He’s got a cannon for a shot too. He’s going to score a lot of goals in the NHL. I think him and Dahlin would be an excellent top pair for years to come. That’s what you hope he becomes, a corner stone player. If the Sabres did deal with the rangers, they would be foolish not to ask that he be included

Last edited:

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
That’s pretty much the only way I see it as well. Kid can become a top 2 D in the mold of Adam Fox if he pans out. Rangers would look very stupid if they didn’t get a premier piece back for him at that happens.
He’s got a cannon for a shot too. He’s going to score a lot of goals in the NHL. I think him at Dahlin would be an excellent top pair for years to come. That’s what you hope he becomes, a corner stone player. If the Sabres did deal with the rangers, they would be foolish not to ask that he be included
I agree

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I'll throw Caleb Jones into the mix. He won't hurt as badly as Petry did but I think he'll be an honest 2nd pairing defenseman

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'll throw Caleb Jones into the mix. He won't hurt as badly as Petry did but I think he'll be an honest 2nd pairing defenseman

I respect your opinion on here I’m just curious as to what I’m missing when watching Jones? He seems to lack hockey sense and is always running around.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I'd be more than happy to see what Price can still do with even a below average defense instead of garbage in front of him.

But I'd be terrified to move Kotkaniemi right now, he's still got time to figure it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad