The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
You wouldn't know a positive if it hit you in the face and you actively avoid anything positive.

Perlini has not shown much. He has a lot of speed and size. His shoot is nice as well. This being said he needs to show more.

thats what we have been told are his positives...i havnt even seen a glimpse of it tho.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Perlini needs to do something to swing the deal in favour of the Hawks, otherwise it's a loss. Strome is solid however.

helicon1

Jan 4, 2010
The big difference for Schmaltz is that he's shooting a little more, and went to a team with a functional power play. All of his goals have come on the PP, including the one tonight. And it's not a massive increase in shots. He was at about 1.5 here over his last 100 games, and had 13 in 6 games for Arizona coming into tonight. He's probably not going to shoot 25% for the year.

5on5 he's been getting absolutely killed though. His shot share is only 44% and high danger and overall scoring chance %s are at 36.11 and 38.27, respectively. All with 78% offensive zone starts. I still think he's just too much of a defensive liability at center, especially with Keller and Galchenyuk as his wingers. The fly-bys are one thing but he just has no idea where to be without the puck in his own zone.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This is why most didn't care he was traded. I'll take Strome all day every day over Schmaltz. The work ethic without the puck just isn't there.

Yeah, Schmaltz looked lost on all three of those goals against ....but he does get a PP goal so doesn't look so bad from the casual observer.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Looks like Duclair has been a healthy scratch as of late in CLB. Anyone surprised?
@Blackhawks
tumblr_pjpc35etBc1xkok61o1_500.gif

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Duclair last 10 games

1 goal
1 assist
2 pts

Of course on other side of coin he has less pts then

Kane
Toews
Debrincat
Saad
Anisimov
Kahun

+ 3 Hawks defenders have more pts

I know but I was talking about goals, Hartman has 9 goals too btw. Also all the people you mentioned minus Kahun are getting paid significantly more than he is so there is that side of the coin. He was worth keeping for another season for cheap to see what happens, better than getting Kunitz...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I know but I was talking about goals, Hartman has 9 goals too btw. Also all the people you mentioned minus Kahun are getting paid significantly more than he is so there is that side of the coin. He was worth keeping for another season for cheap to see what happens, better than getting Kunitz...

Why was he worth it?

He himself agreed he blew it in Chicago

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not gonna lie, it wouldn't have hurt to bring back Duclair. But it's not like it's the end of the world they didn't. He was trash most of last year here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad