The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Darling needs the Canes to buy him out. I don't see any team taking him on even at 50% of that contract, unless they are paid to do so. But there is really no impetuous for the Canes to do that as they have the most cap room in the league. Likely he's just buried for the duration of the contract unless he can work his way back up with the Canes.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm flattered that you keep mentioning me but you're beginning to sound like your my wife. :)

Darling will be back. Book it. He's been through much worse in his life.
Maybe I wouldn't call you out if you didn't speak as if you knew everything and others know nothing.

That and you are literally the only one who believes Darling is a good goalie.

And it's you're ;)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Darling needs the Canes to buy him out. I don't see any team taking him on even at 50% of that contract, unless they are paid to do so. But there is really no impetuous for the Canes to do that as they have the most cap room in the league. Likely he's just buried for the duration of the contract unless he can work his way back up with the Canes.
yep, Darling is set - he has his millions - this happens a lot with guys who come out of nowhere, have a good year or two, then strike Gold and either let up or buckle under the pressure of having to now duplicate it as a NHLer...

a number of questions with regards to his off season and how much he took it seriously....I think he understands that he is out of the league unless someone gets hurt for the Canes the next year or two...nobody is taking him on unless they are paid to.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I read an athletic article before the season where Darling admitted he went into last season out of shape and he lived in the gym this summer. Unless he’s got an injury issue it’s absolutely a mental thing because he’s got every physical tool you could ask for in a goalie.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I read an athletic article before the season where Darling admitted he went into last season out of shape and he lived in the gym this summer. Unless he’s got an injury issue it’s absolutely a mental thing because he’s got every physical tool you could ask for in a goalie.

Do you think our lord and savior Jimmy Waite could breathe some life into him?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I took some crap on here for wanting McElhinney - I said he should be the top target for us, people said nah, he was nothing - looks like he once again does just enough to help his team win games..Ward is someone I won't bitch about, but if McElhinney was here, you could really entertain moving Crow out for some assets....

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I took some crap on here for wanting McElhinney - I said he should be the top target for us, people said nah, he was nothing - looks like he once again does just enough to help his team win games..Ward is someone I won't ***** about, but if McElhinney was here, you could really entertain moving Crow out for some assets....

Did you get shit?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe I wouldn't call you out if you didn't speak as if you knew everything and others know nothing.

That and you are literally the only one who believes Darling is a good goalie.

And it's you're ;)

I give my opinions. If you don't like that then please feel free to put me on ignore.

Darling had an excellent run as a Blackhawk and he helped with that SC win in 2015. I find it diffficult to believe that he is finished and I don't understand why some seem to enjoy that he is having a rough time in Carolina.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I give my opinions. If you don't like that then please feel free to put me on ignore.

Darling had an excellent run as a Blackhawk and he helped with that SC win in 2015. I find it diffficult to believe that he is finished and I don't understand why some seem to enjoy that he is having a rough time in Carolina.
It's not just giving opinion, it's the way you give it, as if it's fact.

I don't ignore people.

I don't relish Darling having a rough go of it, but I do relish in being right about which goalie we should have kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad