The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I know but I was talking about goals, Hartman has 9 goals too btw. Also all the people you mentioned minus Kahun are getting paid significantly more than he is so there is that side of the coin. He was worth keeping for another season for cheap to see what happens, better than getting Kunitz...

Debrincat and Gus are all cheap contract wise. (Joker has 1 point less than Duclair).

We got a 1st round pick and a well regarded prospect for Hartman so as of right now with how NB is looking. Victor Ejdsell is just ok but has bottom 6 potential with his size.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hartman's having a nice season. Seems to be a good fit down there.

Hartman is a good 3rd line player on a contender. He skates well and has some grittiness to his game.

Would you still make the trade we made with him last year? I personally would.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I know but I was talking about goals, Hartman has 9 goals too btw. Also all the people you mentioned minus Kahun are getting paid significantly more than he is so there is that side of the coin. He was worth keeping for another season for cheap to see what happens, better than getting Kunitz...
He wasn't worth keeping around, as he would be in the same position here. Q couldn't help him, Torts can't help him, he's a lost cause. He would just be another bottom 6 fodder who can't score goals.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He wasn't worth keeping around, as he would be in the same position here. Q couldn't help him, Torts can't help him, he's a lost cause. He would just be another bottom 6 fodder who can't score goals.

Eh... he can score goals when he's not busy playing like an AHLer, and putting in the effort that a head of cattle does on a daily basis.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Debrincat and Gus are all cheap contract wise. (Joker has 1 point less than Duclair).

We got a 1st round pick and a well regarded prospect for Hartman so as of right now with how NB is looking. Victor Ejdsell is just ok but has bottom 6 potential with his size.

Edjsel won’t be going anywhere near the NHL as a permanent home imo, too slow, weak and lanky and his skill set is meh.

Yes Cat and Joker are getting paid peanuts but those are ELCs. We really should be comparing him to only forwards that he would have out produced. Anyway Duclair is just a small piece of the big picture, not even worth discussing as he is not one of the major bad moves that made this team crap.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Edjsel won’t be going anywhere near the NHL as a permanent home imo, too slow, weak and lanky and his skill set is meh.

Yes Cat and Joker are getting paid peanuts but those are ELCs. We really should be comparing him to only forwards that he would have out produced. Anyway Duclair is just a small piece of the big picture, not even worth discussing as he is not one of the major bad moves that made this team crap.

Letting Duclair go has literally nothing to do with this team struggling this year.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You are right, it’s a big collection of garbage moves made in the past 2 years

FFY.

Four years ago was 2014, when he brought in Richards, which ended up being a great move for the 15 season/playoffs, and 2015 led into the Cup win and the very good signings of Vermette, and Desjardins, who played large roles in the playoffs. Timmo didn't play a role really, but we got him his Cup, which was awesome.

The past two years he has made some questionable moves, signed some bad contracts, etc. But not the past 4. That's just false.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You are right, it’s a big collection of garbage moves made in the past 4 years

It was the past two seasons but luckily they drafted well and they have made moves to have a boat load of cap room next summer. This should be the last of the bad seasons with next year being the start something a lot better.

To be clear, next year will not be perfect as our D will be young but this team should score a shit ton of goals and be fun to watch for most. (unless you LOVE 1-0 games).

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Hartman is a good 3rd line player on a contender. He skates well and has some grittiness to his game.

Would you still make the trade we made with him last year? I personally would.

I would make the trade again. Wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'd make the trade again if I were both teams, probably. Is working out well currently for Nashville and should benefit Chicago in a season or two, with some cap relief benefit in the meantime.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I'd make the trade again if I were both teams, probably. Is working out well currently for Nashville and should benefit Chicago in a season or two, with some cap relief benefit in the meantime.
Agreed. Seems like a win/win trade. I figured Hartman would be a great fit on a team that generates a lot of offense from the back end.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
FFY.

Four years ago was 2014, when he brought in Richards, which ended up being a great move for the 15 season/playoffs, and 2015 led into the Cup win and the very good signings of Vermette, and Desjardins, who played large roles in the playoffs. Timmo didn't play a role really, but we got him his Cup, which was awesome.

The past two years he has made some questionable moves, signed some bad contracts, etc. But not the past 4. That's just false.

3.5 years since 2015 offseason potato tomato pretty much everything after the cup, even the few things he did well in that period he destroyed. Since the trade of Saad-Anisimov the team was never the same. Followed by a bunch of horrible(or as you would say softly “questionable” lol) moves in the years after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad