The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I don't want anything to do with that Darling contract unless the Canes pay Hawks something good for it and take Manning off our hands at very least

And Crawford is not getting a 1st rounder from Flyers especially when they are close to bottom of league in standings. Value of goalie is never great and a 2nd + solid prospect is what we probably should expect
I don't know if the Canes were to offer one of there top 3 prospects for the hawks to take on 8 million plus whatever is left this year it would be hard to say no.

I assume the Canes aren't a team that takes 8 million dollars lightly, but maybe I am wrong.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Saw this stat on the main board:

“Since the beginning of last season, Carolina is 15-24-8 (66 point pace) in games Darling starts and 33-20-6 (100 point pace) with the likes of Ward, Mrazek and McStarter in net. “
Yikes.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Sounds like Scott Darling might be getting waived today....wow.
if waive, then yes by all mean put a claim in. however his salary plus Ward salary..... i just don't know. i know i saw some interesting names yesterday like that one from Wash.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Really thought he’d carve out a nice career as a reliable middle of the pack goalie you could count on for 50 decent starts a season.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If Darling was bought out, i'd take a look at bringing him back. No way you touch him (even @ 50% retained) with that contract though.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If he's straight up bought out than maybe you bring him back on a really cheap deal and see if he can rediscover something. I want nothing to do with a 2 year contract though, and they can only retain 50%.

Still funny there were people who thought Darling was the better goalie (not trying to poke at anyone here, twitter was ridiculous with the 'trade Crawford, sign Darling' takes).

I'll admit I was wrong. I thought he could be a league average starter. Not Crawford good, but average. Guess he's just one of those guys that couldn't handle the bigger load, pressure, etc.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If he's straight up bought out than maybe you bring him back on a really cheap deal and see if he can rediscover something. I want nothing to do with a 2 year contract though, and they can only retain 50%.

Still funny there were people who thought Darling was the better goalie (not trying to poke at anyone here, twitter was ridiculous with the 'trade Crawford, sign Darling' takes).
i can't believe you went there. the "I told you so"

but i agree. i too am glad that i was somewhat right about CC being the better choice of the 2 goaltenders that was kept.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
but how much of Darling success was b/c of the Bhawks defense at the time ??
Not much. 2016 the D was bad and Darling was a .916. He pulled a .924 in 2017 behind a worse D.

My guess is that Darling is a goalie which got book made on him and just didn't recover from it...kinda like Niemi. He had a couple of good years outside of Chicago after 2010 and then just disappeared.

I get the feeling if Darling was kept in 2018 behind the sorry excuse for a team D the 'hawks ice last year, he would have been obliterated--probably as bad as Berube or Glass.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
i can't believe you went there. the "I told you so"

but i agree. i too am glad that i was somewhat right about CC being the better choice of the 2 goaltenders that was kept.

I mean, I was wrong about Darling too. My expectations for his ceiling were just lower than some.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I mean, I was wrong about Darling too. My expectations for his ceiling were just lower than some.
ahhh Darling was and came into his own as a b/u for the Bhawks and he develop further as well.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not much. 2016 the D was bad and Darling was a .916. He pulled a .924 in 2017 behind a worse D.

My guess is that Darling is a goalie which got book made on him and just didn't recover from it...kinda like Niemi. He had a couple of good years outside of Chicago after 2010 and then just disappeared.

I get the feeling if Darling was kept in 2018 behind the sorry excuse for a team D the 'hawks ice last year, he would have been obliterated--probably as bad as Berube or Glass.

thanks for correcting me on that info.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He looks so unsettled in net it is crazy. He looks nothing like he did when he was here.
It's not even an issue of playing in Carolina either. He looked just as off playing for Team USA. Darling is done.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's not even an issue of playing in Carolina either. He looked just as off playing for Team USA. Darling is done.

He could easily get his feet back randomly but who knows. It is really hard to fix goalies with this issue because one small issue always turns into bigger issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad