The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Nordstrom was dreadful when he was here. He still isn't good.

But good enough for Cassidy to play him 3 on 3 hockey with the game on the line.

Yeah, I know. Like Danault he must be overrated. After all our genius GM trades these guys away or lets them walk .... and brings back Kruger.

Coat tails is a bad joke that some of you should or may get some day.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
But good enough for Cassidy to play him 3 on 3 hockey with the game on the line.

Yeah, I know. Like Danault he must be overrated. After all our genius GM trades these guys away or lets them walk .... and brings back Kruger.

Look up his f***ing point totals before you start talking shit.

Coaches are allowed to play offensive blackholes in OT, and those blackholes do score every now and again.

There are plenty of Bowman trades to complain about, Nordstrom isn't one of them.

Reactions: Ace Rothstein

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Look up his ****ing point totals before you start talking ****.

Coaches are allowed to play offensive blackholes in OT, and those blackholes do score every now and again.

There are plenty of Bowman trades to complain about, Nordstrom isn't one of them.

When he first overpays and then brings back a washed up Kruger there is plenty to complain about.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
When he overpays and then brings back a washed up Kruger there is plenty to complain about.
I hated that trade just as much as you did, but don't pretend Kruger was anything more than some salary coming back the other way.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If he was in the AHL where he belongs I'd be fine with it.
Kruger is just fine for what he is. Nordstrom isn't better than him just because he scored a goal in OT.

Biggest issue I have with Kruger is he's making too much, but we have the cap space for it at the moment. He's still a better player than Martinsen and Kunitz. I'd even go so far to say that he's better than Fortin and Johnson.

Your just complaining to complain.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
one thing i like to additionally point out and this is the key to the whole discussion in my mind. his decision making. yeah his decision making in what value he thinks a player is worth, decision making on trades, but for me the decision making on what to ask for a return.

but how can a person with such an inept sense and history of bad decision, is able to bring his max rtn for his scouting prowess.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012

I wouldn't give a f*** if they fired Stan tomorrow, he's been awful since the last Cup. Nordstrom still sucks though, regardless of scoring the OT goal last night.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That's been where I've been expecting him to land for a while now, though I also expect him to want to wait until the offfseson.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Sounds like Scott Darling might be getting waived today....wow.
I wonder if a deal could be made for the hawks to take his contract on and acquire assets. If I were Stan I would be picking up the phone.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
His only really good games this year have been the 2 vs the Hawks. Like they were trying to do him a favor.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't want anything to do with that Darling contract unless the Canes pay Hawks something good for it and take Manning off our hands at very least

And Crawford is not getting a 1st rounder from Flyers especially when they are close to bottom of league in standings. Value of goalie is never great and a 2nd + solid prospect is what we probably should expect

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't want anything to do with that Darling contract unless the Canes pay Hawks something good for it and take Manning off our hands at very least

And Crawford is not getting a 1st rounder from Flyers especially when they are close to bottom of league in standings. Value of goalie is never great and a 2nd + solid prospect is what we probably should expect

This is pretty accurate. I would be fine with trading Crow for that.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Feel bad for him. Sure, he got paid, but was honestly expecting him to be a decent starter for them. Hope he can turn it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad