The Great Fight Debate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I don't know what you guys, but thank God we have krug and Marchand out there to deal with things when s*** hits the fan. Who needs McQuaid when we have kampfer! I saw Polak play games vs. Boston lots ( when we had McQuaid and Chara in the lineup) and he had the gloves sewn on but now he's throwing multiple sucker punches on Krug because everybody knows this team is soft and there will be no repercussions --other than that Marchand and Krug will be coming after you!

I guess I just don't get it, they injure Bergeron on a dirty hit and we are not out there running Seguin or Heiskenen? They have not batted an eye at them.

Edit: it is bizarre that it was Spezza that instigated that fight but I've been calling for Clifton since preseason where he looked brilliant, to me he's much better than Kampfer. I would be really interested to hear the point of view on him from Providence watchers.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Marchand for Kassian
Carlo for Zadorov
Pastrnak for Rinaldo
Clifton an extension
Krug for Oleksiak

All future draftee's instead of an interview have to go 3 rounds in the ring with the teams best fighter.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't know what you guys, but thank God we have krug and Marchand out there to deal with things when s*** hits the fan. Who needs McQuaid when we have kampfer! I saw Polak play games vs. Boston lots ( when we had McQuaid and Chara in the lineup) and he had the gloves sewn on but now he's throwing multiple sucker punches on Krug because everybody knows this team is soft and there will be no repercussions --other than that Marchand and Krug will be coming after you!

I guess I just don't get it, they injure Bergeron on a dirty hit and we are not out there running Seguin or Heiskenen? They have not batted an eye at them.

Edit: it is bizarre that it was Spezza that instigated that fight but I've been calling for Clifton since preseason where he looked brilliant, to me he's much better than Kampfer. I would be really interested to hear the point of view on him from Providence watchers.

Clifton is hot and cold according to some PRO watchers. He can be good and then make a bonehead play like putting the puck over the glass. I’m not the biggest Kampfer fan, but just because Clifton drops the gloves, it doesn’t mean he should be in the game. There’s a reason he was the 4th call up after UV, Lauzon, and Zboril.

The hit on Bergeron was not dirty. It should have been two for interference, but then it looked like Faksa lost his footing when he put 37 into the boards. IMO, there was no intent there.

I would not mind the B’s adding some toughness with guys that can play. As the biggest proponent of this, who would you suggest they acquire?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Clifton is hot and cold according to some PRO watchers. He can be good and then make a bonehead play like putting the puck over the glass. I’m not the biggest Kampfer fan, but just because Clifton drops the gloves, it doesn’t mean he should be in the game. There’s a reason he was the 4th call up after UV, Lauzon, and Zboril.

The hit on Bergeron was not dirty. It should have been two for interference, but then it looked like Faksa lost his footing when he put 37 into the boards. IMO, there was no intent there.

I would not mind the B’s adding some toughness with guys that can play. As the biggest proponent of this, who would you suggest they acquire?

How about a UFC guy who can skate ok?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The biggest advocate against the big bad Bruins on this board is you. Take a bow

Not true.

Have said multiple times that I would love the B’s to add some toughness, but I want guys that can play. Not some 5 minute a night useless goon.

I asked Colt who he would like to add, and you gave one of your usual asinine responses. I shouldn’t be surprised.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’d take Kassian on a 4th line role with some money retained by the Oilers.

He would have been fun to watch tonight.

(Also, again, I don’t think there are any 5 minute a night goons in the NHL these days)

There’s just a flat out lack of pushback with this team. I don’t know how that can be argued.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I was so wishing we had someone like lucic tonight that would just grab someone and ragdoll them... but ultimately, the team stood up for itself and came out of it ok.

marchand and cliffton not being goons... but still responding did send positive message to the team.

watching someone pound one of theirs would have felt satisfying... but I doubt it would have effected the game more or differently. hopefully the team will rally around this game the same way the dallas pukes helped us rally in 2011 when they played donkeybleep against us then too

has dallas now made it into our top 5 most hated opponents?

montreal
Toronto
Vancouver
buffalo?

is dallas in this top 5? am I missing someone?

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Not everyone needs to be Simmonds or Lucic or Wilson, not every team needs a Reaves. But outside of a few core guys, the Bruins don't push back and teams, including some very pedestrian guys are teeing off of them. It's not just about fighting, and I doubt one guy would change much on his own, but they have a problem.

If you don't see it I don't know what to say to you anymore. Radek Faksa isn't Matt Cooke. Jason Spezza certainly isn't Matt Cooke. Even Polak doesn't throw two uppercuts at a completely defenseless Krug under normal circumstances.

Clifton kind of stood around while the dust up with Faksa and Polak was going on, when Spezza slashed him his first instinct was to look at the referee and Spezza dropped first. Meh. Not asking for more but I'm not going to swoon over that.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I think Bruins are getting pushed around and one of the outcomes is that we have a lot of injuries because teams are pulling trough. They know nobody will hold them responsible. Marchand and Krug having to fight other guys battles is laughable ans embaressing.

I am not a fan of having a 5 minute enforcer on the bench. Just some guys on the bottom six that have some gritness, pushback and aggressivnes in them. In this case I really miss those 2008-2014 years. Nobody was f***ing around with us because they would be held responsible.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
While people can argue about toughness and what constitutes it, one thing is certain....most on this team are passive and there is no meanness at all.

It’s at a ridiculous point. Another questionable hit. You think Marchand is sick of it? He just takes matters into his own hands continually. Not what you want.

How these guys didn’t turn up the heat vs Seguin or Radulov is beyond me. Always the nail and never the hammer these days

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I’d take Kassian on a 4th line role with some money retained by the Oilers.

He would have been fun to watch tonight.

(Also, again, I don’t think there are any 5 minute a night goons in the NHL these days)

There’s just a flat out lack of pushback with this team. I don’t know how that can be argued.

Can’t be argued IMO. Getting to the level of pathetic. Even Backes couldn’t be bothered with Faksa anytime they were close

How would neely and sweeney have felt had bourque and Oates continually been harrasses and had to stick up for themselves.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Take their fights out of the total and Boston is still tied for 9th in the league.

I don’t want Marchand and Krug taking this aspect out of their game, do you?

I like that they're standing up when needed. People whine and cry about not having an enforcer. Is that player going to be on the ice when a star is hit? Nope..... Is he going to stop the other team from hitting a star? Nope.... Is he going to come off the bench after a star is hit to fight? Nope.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad