Reactions: Sevendust

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I admit I’d rather have a bad ass on 4th line at this point

They are getting little production from their 4th line wingers

I’m sick of the BS

Fighting may be leaving the game but it’s still here

The Bruins have gone full Montreal smurf and many fans are ok with it. We're doomed.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Bruins have gone full Montreal smurf and many fans are ok with it. We're doomed.
Nope

Not buying although you can think that way - not me

Frederic & Studnicka are 3 zone big physical centers

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I like that they're standing up when needed. People whine and cry about not having an enforcer. Is that player going to be on the ice when a star is hit? Nope..... Is he going to stop the other team from hitting a star? Nope.... Is he going to come off the bench after a star is hit to fight? Nope.....

I think it’s more of getting someone that’s mean maybe. Vegas and Washington don’t seem to ever have to deal with their stars getting laid out much. Is it because they know Reaves is on the time or maybe that nutjob Wilson will run your stars? I know Kuznetsov did have an incident recently so who knows.

Regardless the only star I seee that gets run more often than the top line of the Bruins is Taylor Hall

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Take their fights out of the total and Boston is still tied for 9th in the league.

I don’t want Marchand and Krug taking this aspect out of their game, do you?

Honestly, if there was a way for them to keep their “edge/grit/whatever” and never fight again, I’d be all for it, as it’s just a matter of time before one of them gets seriously injured.

But....I agree that their willingness to fight is part of that “edge/grit/whatever” that makes them tick.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Some of you feel you're clairvoyant enough to prove negatives - curious how you're determining what didn't happen during a game.

The greatest hockey player of all time has said how important it was to have Semenko riding shotgun, but I suppose he's clueless, too.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Some of you feel you're clairvoyant enough to prove negatives - curious how you're determining what didn't happen during a game.

The greatest hockey player of all time has said how important it was to have Semenko riding shotgun, but I suppose he's clueless, too.

Haha, totally different eras of hockey.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Semenko never played with Orr.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Last year in October and November you were freaking out about the team and all doom and gloom

I told you to relax

112 points beat Leafs

They will be fine this year as well

And also Pastrnak’s contract every freaking day last summer. How did that turn out?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Seems like more and more people are starting to see that this team can be walked over with minimal response.

*Player A absolutely runs one of the Bruins stars*
*Marchand steps up*
*Player A is licking his chops at the chance to dummy Marchand*

Brad Marchand shouldn’t be fighting, but he is because he knows he’s the only one that will stand up.

Last night Faska should have been addressed by Backes at some point, however it was Bergeron (god love him) going after him. I get it, he’s a big boy, but what if it Faska dropped his gloves and clocked Bergeron? Is not having a tougher guy in the bottom 6 worth Bergeron out 6 weeks with a concussion?

What’s stopping the Bruins from delivering hits to their star players? What’s stopping them from mucking it up with their stars?

Roman Polak going in swinging at Krug with the gloves off, yes, league punching bag Roman Polak going after Krug. Krug basically ran into a hole while the rest of the team, you guessed it, did nothing.

I’m just so over the lack of stones on this team. The bottom 6 in particular. You’re telling me that a guy like Kassian, Clifford, Reaves is worse and being less yo the table than a guy like Kuraly and Acciari? The hell out of here. Hell, I’d take any of those guys over our “most physical forward” (that doesn’t hit, doesn’t score, and can’t fight) David Backes.

But hey, if you guys are stoked to see the “team toughness” being showed by Marchand bear hugging a guy, or getting dummied by a guy like Smith. Or If you’re jumping with joy of Torey Krug getting his hands dirty and getting throttled by Archibald, you’re in luck... and boy do I have a team for you!

It’s an issue, and if I sound like a broken record around here, I don’t give a shit. Prove me wrong.

I’m sure ill get the same responses from the same people saying “the game has changed”, “we need to beat them on the scoreboard” or “derp de durre having x player wouldn’t change anything” but this guy doesn’t care. They’re soft, it’s not an opinion, it’s a fact, too.

Last edited:

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
As annoying as this thread can be, I don’t think they’re wrong that this team is too soft. Last night was hard to watch in that respect.

I don’t think it’s as simple as acquiring a tough player to stash on the 4th line. There’s no wolfpack mindset when they see the opposition trying to push them around.

There’s too many players who get a pass because physicality isn’t a part of their game but also can’t contribute offensively in a reliable way. I do think some of it is the downside of having so much youth hitting the roster at the same time and the realities of their game at this point in their development. A quarter of the season in and there’s no one to feel really confident beyond the first line.

At the moment, we are not only undeniably soft but we are not skilled enough. I don’t particularly want to be either of those things but its unacceptable to be both.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeelyDan and Sheppy

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I have no problem with the Bruins adding toughness. They could certainly use some. The only thing I will disagree with is who folks would trade for that toughness.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad