Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
CBJ Fans, whats your price on Domi @50% + Foligno @50%

It would have to involve Kerfoot going back for cap reasons

Kerfoot to CBJ

p14569_p_v10_ay.jpg

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If Toronto is serious about trading their top prospects + picks they should see if they can pry away Seth Jones and a goalie both at 50% retention.

Toronto doesn’t have either high end lotto range 1st or top blue chip prospects. They simply don’t have the future assets to afford a Seth Jones. Especially retained.

Having Seth Jones next season at $2.7 m would be huge. The cost for that and 2 playoff runs would be massive

Reactions: Fro

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Nope I've watched enough of them to know they suck for the most part, he's a good player on a bad team

Hey bro could you like make another "what's going on with Tampa?" Thread? A 10 game win streak to break some poor careless play habits...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Savard and Foligno are the 2nd and 3rd best players on the market. The thought of one of them not fetching a lot is laughable.

I bet the Jackets could get two firsts for them (separately) given the uncertainty of the draft this year if they want them.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Savard and Foligno are the 2nd and 3rd best players on the market. The thought of one of them not fetching a lot is laughable.

I bet the Jackets could get two firsts for them (separately) given the uncertainty of the draft this year if they want them.
I 5hink Savard is being overrated. If he's the 2nd or 3rd best, then it's a really weak group. GMs aren't going to overpay. Palmieri and Zajac together only got a 1st at 50% retained.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I 5hink Savard is being overrated. If he's the 2nd or 3rd best, then it's a really weak group. GMs aren't going to overpay. Palmieri and Zajac together only got a 1st at 50% retained.

Yes its a weak group.

Savard is a top 4 defenseman and a grizzly vet. Playoff proven and not expensive.I'm sure the Jackets can/would retain salary if they needed to. If there was a year to overpay with draft picks it would be this year.

Reactions: Toe Pick

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

Yeah I don't see that happening, I don't see that happening for the best options let alone the second tier.

If Columbus gets a 2nd and a decent prospect for each of them they're laughing.

You're just getting greedy if you think they both return 1sts.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

What about a conditional pick (1st if we go to 3rd round/2nd if we advance one round/3rd otherwise) plus Borgstrom for Foligno?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah I don't see that happening, I don't see that happening for the best options let alone the second tier.

If Columbus gets a 2nd and a decent prospect for each of them they're laughing.

You're just getting greedy if you think they both return 1sts.

A 2nd line player just got traded for a first today. I dont think its far fetched for a top 4 defenseman to get one either.

Foligno could be reaching, but given he's the 2nd best forward on the market and brings way much more to the table than Hall, I think its possible.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
A 2nd line player just got traded for a first today. I dont think its far fetched for a top 4 defenseman to get one either.

Foligno could be reaching, but given he's the 2nd best forward on the market and brings way much more to the table than Hall, I think its possible.

Savard is no longer an effective top 4 D . Additionally It was Palms and Zajac for a 1st w 50 percent retention. Little fine print you seem to be ignoring . Wasn't worth a 1st before and this trade doesn't seem to strengthen this case imo . A second ish for either one seems more in the ballpark. However gms have overpaid in the past . Guess we'll see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad