Rumor: The Fourth Period: CBJ Taking calls on multiple players

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The price for Merzlikins should be high since he is exempt from the expansion draft. If Boston wants him they should be made to pay through the nose.
I agree, and don't know Boston has to offer besides bits and pieces. Elvis could be quite the prize for a team such as Toronto or CO. Hell, I wonder if Seattle would pay a lot for him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They are really paying the price on few years ago all in.

Need to rebuild that offense so pretty much nobody should be untouchable.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
How much for Foligno from Florida? Would you value Borgstrom much as a center prospect?

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
If Toronto is serious about trading their top prospects + picks they should see if they can pry away Seth Jones and a goalie both at 50% retention.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why can't it be both? Hes getting valued for his name value rather than current performance level imo . I wouldn't mind him as a depth add but high pics/prospects seem to be getting bandied about.
His "name value" is based on past performance, which remains relevant. It's important to balance past performance and the tendency to recency bias to determine true value. Unless he's battling an underlying injury or he's out of shape, I'd put a lot of weight on performance in previous seasons and be a bit reluctant to negate his value based purely on shot metrics over a short stretch in a tough year for his team.

Reactions: Toe Pick

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
His "name value" is based on past performance, which remains relevant. It's important to balance past performance and the tendency to recency bias to determine true value. Unless he's battling an underlying injury or he's out of shape, I'd put a lot of weight on performance in previous seasons and be a bit reluctant to negate his value based purely on shot metrics over a short stretch in a tough year for his team.

Quite honestly I didn't think he was all that great last year either, but he was on the team that upset/put mine out so what do I know...

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
If CBJ is seriously considering trading Jones, other teams will likely be willing and able to offer better picks and prospects than the Leafs, without needing salary retention.

Totally agree . Jones is a pipe dream without gutting the team/trading one of the guys viewed as untouchable.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Hope they are taking calls on Seth Jones.

If Toronto is serious about trading their top prospects + picks they should see if they can pry away Seth Jones and a goalie both at 50% retention.
If Columbus takes calls on Seth Jones it might as well fold and try to come back in as an expansion team with all the benefits given to Vegas and Seattle. Moving him would be "we're burning everything to the ground and going full Ottawa its first 5 years."

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Said it before and I will say it again David Savard please
Interested where you think he fits? Bogosian has been more than capable on the 3rd pair..

Never bad to upgrade, though we are looking at a Dman OR forward due to how tight we are to the cap ceiling.

Though the needs change rather quickly if Freddie isnt good to go.

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
Again have you actually watched him or just looked at a spread sheet? because if all you have done is looked at a spread sheet you have no credibility

Have you actually watched him play this season? I've watched every CBJ game when they're not going at the same day/time as the Leafs and Savard has looked like garbage both from an eye test standpoint and advanced stats standpoint. He's usually the slowest player on the ice, has terrible defensive positioning, and provides almost nothing offensively. If this was Savard from a couple seasons ago I would be all for acquiring him but this season he just plain stinks.

Let's just say for the heck of it Dubas thinks Savard and Foligno at the TDL is the answer. What combo of picks/prospects/retention/cap hits/etc are you going to come up with to add the $9.75m combined cap hits to the Leafs?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Have you actually watched him play this season? I've watched every CBJ game when they're not going at the same day/time as the Leafs and Savard has looked like garbage both from an eye test standpoint and advanced stats standpoint. He's usually the slowest player on the ice, has terrible defensive positioning, and provides almost nothing offensively. If this was Savard from a couple seasons ago I would be all for acquiring him but this season he just plain stinks.

Let's just say for the heck of it Dubas thinks Savard and Foligno at the TDL is the answer. What combo of picks/prospects/retention/cap hits/etc are you going to come up with to add the $9.75m combined cap hits to the Leafs?

First off it's not 9.75 million, most of that is already paid.

Second Columbus can and likely would retain.

Third at the time I write this Capfriendly has Toronto projected to have over 2 million in cap space on deadline day I don't known where they got that number but if that's accurate you can basically do whatever you want with 2 million bucks on deadline day

domi28

Dec 5, 2017
First off it's not 9.75 million, most of that is already paid.

Second Columbus can and likely would retain.

Third at the time I write this Capfriendly has Toronto projected to have over 2 million in cap space on deadline day I don't known where they got that number but if that's accurate you can basically do whatever you want with 2 million bucks on deadline day

First- The Jackets sent Foudy and Texier to the taxi squad today to save a few bucks in real money they're paying their players. They ain't retaining squat in real money they would need to pay.

Second- Please click on the blue circle question mark on CapFriendly and see how they are calculating TDL cap space. That number is SEASON cap hits they can add at the deadline, not pro-rated cap hits for the remainder of the season. So $9.75m minus $2m in TDL cap space means the Leafs would need to free up about $7.75m in cap space from contracts currently on their 20 (Twenty) man roster.

Third- Have you actually watched Savard play this year?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
First- The Jackets sent Foudy and Texier to the taxi squad today to save a few bucks in real money they're paying their players. They ain't retaining squat in real money they would need to pay.

Second- Please click on the blue circle question mark on CapFriendly and see how they are calculating TDL cap space. That number is SEASON cap hits they can add at the deadline, not pro-rated cap hits for the remainder of the season. So $9.75m minus $2m in TDL cap space means the Leafs would need to free up about $7.75m in cap space from contracts currently on their 20 (Twenty) man roster.

Third- Have you actually watched Savard play this year?

It is extremely likely the Jackets retain most sellers do

Yes I have watched Columbus they are garbage for the most part Savard is a good player on a bad team

Reactions: Toe Pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->