OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Almost all set and good to go for the game,got snacks and gonna try to limit myself to a measly cold one,hope it's enough:crossfing:laugh:

images
images

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
So I made this beautiful bearnaise sauce tonight and used Salmon as my protein and some basmati indian spiced infused flavored rice. The plating to me is close to a fail but the flavors were like heaven!
View attachment 362196

You are a man of my taste, love Bernaise, need to be really careful when making it though when you whisk in the butter and it tastes at least 100 times better than making it from a powder. Just because of that I will make Swedish pancakes today (also thanks to Runner who has been posting crepes pics in the GDTs), looks a bit like crepes but they are much more filling since I use a lot of cream as well. Will go perfect with the the Avs/Dallas game. Need to go out and get some cider though. First I need to do the batter, it's better if it sits a while.

Will post a picture.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
View attachment 359887
Success!

Sweet potatoes mash with shallots, garlic, butter and fresh coriander. Boiled in half water, half chicken stock for extra taste

Garlic white wine reduction cream sauce.

12 hours marinated pork chop with minced garlic, thyme, paprika, star anise, coriander seeds, marjoram, dill, red pepper flakes, oinion powder, soja sauce and white wine. Seared in a ultra hot pan and finished for a few minutes in the oven.

It was delicious!!

Was finally able to view the photo. Good job!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Swedish pancakes.

2 eggs
3.5 dl flour
2 table spoons of melted Ghee
Heavy whipping cream
Whole Milk
salt

Mix the eggs with 2 dl of milk, add the flour, it should be really thick and this is when you make sure there are no lumps. Once it is thick and smooth, add the ghee, a little bit of salt, 2 dl of cream and add milk until it is runny. Let it sit for 30 minutes. add some ghee in the pan and pour about a dl of batter.

Overtime Period

OvertimePeriod
Jun 20, 2008
Montreal
So I made this beautiful bearnaise sauce tonight and used Salmon as my protein and some basmati indian spiced infused flavored rice. The plating to me is close to a fail but the flavors were like heaven!
View attachment 362196

You are a man of my taste, love Bernaise, need to be really careful when making it though when you whisk in the butter and it tastes at least 100 times better than making it from a powder. Just because of that I will make Swedish pancakes today (also thanks to Runner who has been posting crepes pics in the GDTs), looks a bit like crepes but they are much more filling since I use a lot of cream as well. Will go perfect with the the Avs/Dallas game. Need to go out and get some cider though. First I need to do the batter, it's better if it sits a while.

Will post a picture.

Looks amazing!! I love Bernaise on my steak or with a good Filet Mignon

Reactions: Holystik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad