The Devils came down to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
While they may do some damage in the playoffs, i don't see them winning a cup with this roster. I mean how many guys are over the age of 30 on that team? They may survive against most of the eastern teams in a 7 game series, but i just do not see how they would come out with a victory over most of the western teams.

Absolutely I agree. Way too many things would have to go their way in order to do that. Playing a tight, structural game, they could give a lot of teams trouble, but we are way too slow and lacking offensively to beat the top teams in a seven game series.

The team as a whole isn't special. It's depth over top end skill, but that's what happens when you lose Parise and Kovalchuk in back-to-back years.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It's been a buttface of a day.

Wish the boys could have gotten it together sooner.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
And Lehner had made such a terrific game saving save mere seconds earlier. Legwand needs to give his head a shake.

That's what hurts the most, we had all the momentum heading into that 2nd half of the penalty kill... Jagr just made a beautiful play.

Zibanejad just needs to adjust to being #2. He's not sheltered by spezza and turris now.

Exactly. Similar to Turris 2 years ago.

Turris 2 years ago struggled very badly as number 1 C but still didn't cost the team games and was good defensively.

Zibanejad is in same boat. He just needs to get used to the added pressure, he's trying for sure but not clicking.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Karlsson and Ceci are the only real top 4 defenders on this team.

Gryba and Boro been playing excellent bottom pairing roles lately and Phillips is great complementary to elite number 2-3 defender. Methot back with Karlsson should drastically alter things.

Btw, as much as Ryan looks dynamic with Stone and Turris, it's only very lethal if Ryan shows up. If he doesn't... Stone looks so much better on that line.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The game was pretty much even up, and getting a point here is fine. A week off when the team was putting up Ws was not a good thing, but nothing can be done about that.

I was really happy to see Ryan back up on the first line. That line is just dynamite when they are together.

Aside from the one gaff that led to a goal I thought EK65 had a great game. He really controlled the play, and he got a lot of pucks to the net. The one thing I noticed about him that seems to be getting worse as time goes on is that he misses the net a lot when he is in space and heading to the goalie. He tries to pick corners, but if he doesn't hit them very often it ends up killing plays.

I though Lehner was ok. The rebound control is still a major weakness, but at least he recovered well.

I was amazed at how slow Wiercioch looked tonight. I always knew that he footspeed was below average, but at time he really looked like he was skating in mud. He was fine in general, but the lack of speed was more noticeable than usual to me.

I'm loving Borocop's game. He is never going to be a Corsi superstar, but if he can lay on the body and avoid taking tons of penalties while doing it he can actually be an effective bottom pairing player.

I don't blame Legwand one bit for the OT goal. We were killing the last half of a 4 on 3 PP at the time, and those situations are lethal. If he has the chance to kill a few extra seconds by ragging the puck and moving it back to our D as the other team changes then I expect him to take it. The fact that it did not work out does not mean it was a bad decision.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
Legwand had a pretty good game until that poor decision. I know he wanted to waste time but 4 on 3 with a long side line change in progress he has to dump the puck in and let everyone get back in their lanes. He's made a few risky plays like that since the season started but overall he's been a good depth centre.

Z-Bad hasn't looked good enough to be a 2nd line centre. After Ryan was moved to the top line Z-Bad had some good shifts. Maybe it's time for a change.

In any case the top line of Turris MacArthur and Ryan should be reunited for the next game.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
You must be a Cowen lover and are trying to justify getting him back in the lineup or else you just don't know what you are talking about.

Wiercioch hasn't done anything to prove he should stay in the lineup.

He is hesitant, takes extremely low chances and yes I understand we need to get shots on the net but his shot choices are very poor, he's soft and is a slow skater. His strong suit is to produce offence and he has yet to do that either.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'll quote Travis who I believe said it best... Legwand was going for right decision but poorly executed it, if he lifted that pass higher, Karlsson would have had a breakaway.

He wasn't trying to waste time, he was trying to win the game and that's understandable but he should have played it much better knowing the risk.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I don't get Legwand blaming either. Even after perfectly executed transition by Devils it resulted in a 1-on-1, nothing play really.

MacArthur should've played more responsible there in the first place.

Sens92

Jan 21, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Not a fan of Zibanejad's compete level. Kid doesn't seem like he cares and doesn't seem to be in as good shape as he was at the end of last year. Time to sit the kid and give him some time. I was his biggest supporter but I'm just not impressed so far this year.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Not a fan of Zibanejad's compete level. Kid doesn't seem like he cares and doesn't seem to be in as good shape as he was at the end of last year. Time to sit the kid and give him some time. I was his biggest supporter but I'm just not impressed so far this year.

He seems to take a while to get into game shape. He was slow to start last year which led to being sent down for a while. I'm sure he'll start to put it together soon.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Wiercioch hasn't done anything to prove he should stay in the lineup.

He is hesitant, takes extremely low chances and yes I understand we need to get shots on the net but his shot choices are very poor, he's soft and is a slow skater. His strong suit is to produce offence and he has yet to do that either.

Yet the team moves the puck better when he is in the lineup and has played well enough on defence to not hurt the team. I am not saying to not play Cowen because he also needs to get in the lineup but you just can't have Boro, Phillips, Gryba and Cowen all in the lineup at the same time. If Wiercioch comes out tomorrow, watch how often the team gets hemmed in their own end because they don't move the puck well enough.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Good game guys. Your team is so much faster. Our team was gassed for most of the third and overtime. Somehow that penalty was unfortunate. If you guys got to the shoot out, it would be a win guaranteed for the Sens. We lost 14 in a row of those.

Class. <3

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wiercioch barely looks like an NHL player at this point. Handles the puck like a live grenade.

He plays with a lack of confidence but he didn't look that bad... No need to find scapegoats, it's useless. Team just lost the game, that's all. But doesn't really feel like a Loss, in OT on a 4on3 PP.

Good game guys. Your team is so much faster. Our team was gassed for most of the third and overtime. Somehow that penalty was unfortunate. If you guys got to the shoot out, it would be a win guaranteed for the Sens. We lost 14 in a row of those.

Some people here think the Sens are slow. So your team must be ECHL speed then. :sarcasm:

If it was pretty much anyone but Jagr.. I'd say Lehner should have had, but even a Lundquist would have trouble stopping that shot

It was not a super hard save to make for a NHL goalie... Lehner was mad at himself, check his left pad with the replay, not in the right position. Price make those saves 99% of the time.

Michalek was far from instrumental on those goals. The Chiasson one especially was all Alex.

Well, a quick give and go pass for the guy to walk alone on the goalie is a great play in my books... but haters are gonna hate, I'm not surprised.

Easier said than done. The real thing to do here is to find a true #2 guy. Should have been done this summer tbh.

Legwand was Nashville #1 not long ago... He can't be Ottawa's 2nd line Center? Like on the most inexperienced team in the league?

Just confirmed by Lee Versage that he deflected the puck

In that case it might have fooled Lehner, can't see that on the replay, would need more angles.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Was a good hard fought game.

Excellent pre game that was emotional and extremely classy. Glad my team got to be a part of it.

Good luck you guys have a solid looking team this year.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Sens need to cut the dead weight in Condra and greening then call up pageau and toss zibby into a wing position.

Let pageau have a shot at 2c

BigBush*

Sens need to cut the dead weight in Condra and greening then call up pageau and toss zibby into a wing position.

Let pageau have a shot at 2c

And play some Bon Jovi in the dressing room
Oooooh, oh, living on a prayer

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Can we give a loud round of applause for Kyle Turris.

The guy was outstanding tonight. Unbelievable how much he's matured as a player. He also looks so much stronger on his skates, seems to be winning every puck battle no matter where on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad