The Devils came down to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Stop blaming Legwand. We got a bigger problem going forward... Zibby. I am all for sitting/ sending down/trading this guy in that order.

Uh oh. Here come the fanboys to defend their guy.

For the record I agree about scratching him, but wouldn't trade him unless we got a top-6 forward or top-4 dman in return.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Getting a point is nice, but I still have no idea what Legwand was doing on that last play.

He was trying to pass over to the forward near the bench so we could maintain possession and minimize the time the NJDs have in our zone because 4 on 3s are very dangerous.

If it works and the forward doesn't panic... 20-30 seconds more gets shaved off from just a simple dump-in. That's huge for a 4 on 3 PK.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Hard to tell, but Zibby doesn't appear to compete well enough. Still like him though and liked that kid line better for him.

Not sure why people are ripping PW - he was fine out there. Better than CP, MB and EG. Didn't hurt us and moved the puck just fine imo. I guess he's a whipping boy no matter what.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Well I think we're rolling lines pretty even so it wouldn't matter line numbers... But I would consider that our third line.

We are missing a top 6 center still really.

Completley agree, the good thing is Turris looks like a number one. Man, if Zibanejad could just get it together, we'd look fantastic.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Oh yah. The 21 year old who has yet to cost us a game is the problem. Not the guy who just shat the bed.

People are acting like Legwand gave up a breakaway; we had a D back, it was one on one and a good shot beat our goalie. **** happens, he did't tee up a gimme for the other team.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Uh oh. Here come the fanboys to defend their guy.

For the record I agree about scratching him, but wouldn't trade him unless we got a top-6 forward or top-4 dman in return.

Issue is with scratching him, the next most likely C to come up is Pageau and he is not lighting it up even slightly either

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Thought Boro defended it perfectly. Didnt screen the goalie and had decent gap control. Lehner has to make that save. You can tell by his reaction he was pissed off he didnt.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Borowiecki gave too much respect to Jagr, didn't close the gap quickly enough... Weak a bit on Lehner, was not in good position but made a great save prior to that goal... 4 vs 3 PP in OT is hard to defend. Not a good penalty for MacArthur

Not a bad game though, need to refine those 2nd periods.

I also find funny all the people calling Ryan a 7 millions man, he makes 5.562 this year (5.1 cap hit), his contract kicks out next year.

So I'm stuck at work without a video feed. Someone explain to me what happened in the final moment. Legwand seems to be the target of some hate...what happened exactly?

Haters gonna hate, let them be stupid, Legwand made a nice play but found himself isolated, didn't have many plays to do. In hindsight, he should have dumped it right away but tried to keep possession to gain time but found himself alone. He actually tried to move the puck but hit a shin pad... Devils did something good with the puck, moving it up quickly. Credit to them, Borowiecki and Lehner could have done much better though. But anyway, it was OT, a 4 on 3 PP in OT, that's a guaranteed OT loss most of the time.

Point collected for having played a great game in general, glimpses of amazing play in the 3rd. Gotta love this young team, so fun to watch. They don't dive, they don't have stupid antics or stupid luck. They deserve all the good that happens to them.

Can anyone remind me why we re-signed Michalek? Hes beyond useless.

He was instrumental in the 2 goals Sens scored though... and got 2 assists for that

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
People are acting like Legwand gave up a breakaway; we had a D back, it was one on one and a good shot beat our goalie. **** happens, he did't tee up a gimme for the other team.

The easiest play in hockey is to dump the puck. How long had he been in the league?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hard to tell, but Zibby doesn't appear to compete well enough. Still like him though and liked that kid line better for him.

Not sure why people are ripping PW - he was fine out there. Better than CP, MB and EG. Didn't hurt us and moved the puck just fine imo. I guess he's a whipping boy no matter what.

Yeah, really not sure why all the Wiercioch hate after tonight's game. He was fine.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Was a nice play by Legwand to get the puck out, but he mighta been too tired for the high risk pass. Although the idea of trying to keep puck possession may not have been too bad.

Turris' Spinoramas, Chiasson's momma's top shelf jam, Ryan's intensity and the boro bash, all contributed to the Sens playing pretty well and have room to get better still.

Devils such a team of ufa's seem like a team that hf built through free agency and trades :) We should be able to beat the Devils in a series i think.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Oh yah. The 21 year old who has yet to cost us a game is the problem. Not the guy who just shat the bed.

Its not about not costing games, its about his long term development.

He played adequate if you expect him to be a bottom six center, but he should be someone pressing the play, not just a bystander.

Hes an early lottery pick, has had a couple years to develop, and just doesnt seem to have the drive to be great like others.

I stil think he will be a good player and most likely a solid 2C, but hes not working hard enough right now to maintain his top 6 ice time.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Completley agree, the good thing is Turris looks like a number one. Man, if Zibanejad could just get it together, we'd look fantastic.

That or if Legwand would look like that 50 point player certain people remind us he has been previously.

sensfan14

Oct 24, 2014
We let this one slip away, but 9 out of 12 points to start the season is good. We got some tough games ahead though, starting with Chicago tomorrow night on City...

Legwand messed up there, but Macarthur didn't have to take that penalty in the first place. Really like the Ryan Turris Macarthur line though... much more offensive spark.

Zibanejad... he's just dead out there. He was average today but he's been less than impressive in recent times.

I think it's time to give Cowen a shot in D too. Wiercioch doesn't really impress.

Anyhow, after a week of no games, a point here is nice, but there's that sense of disappointment, in knowing we could have had two.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Its becoming pretty apparent that were lacking a second line center. I wish Da Costa was still here. It would at least give us more options. Plus he had some chemistry with Ryan and basically everyone in Bingo excelled playing with him.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I know he's injured but Eric Staal would look amazing in a Sens jersey. :nod:

The most realistic situation would be getting Vermette back in a Senators uniform. Send down Zibanejad and use him when needed.

The next 1-2 weeks will be rally interesting in terms of player moves. We will have eight healthy D when Methot is back. There is no way we dont move one to two bodies

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Borowiecki gave too much respect to Jagr, didn't close the gap quickly enough... Weak a bit on Lehner, was not in good position but made a great save prior to that goal... 4 vs 3 PP in OT is hard to defend. Not a good penalty for MacArthur

Not a bad game though, need to refine those 2nd periods.

I also find funny all the people calling Ryan a 7 millions man, he makes 5.562 this year (5.1 cap hit), his contract kicks out next year.

Haters gonna hate, let them be stupid, Legwand made a nice play but found himself isolated, didn't have many plays to do. In hindsight, he should have dumped it right away but tried to keep possession to gain time but found himself alone. He actually tried to move the puck but hit a shin pad... Devils did something good with the puck, moving it up quickly. Credit to them, Borowiecki and Lehner could have done much better though. But anyway, it was OT, a 4 on 3 PP in OT, that's a guaranteed OT loss most of the time.

Point collected for having played a great game in general, glimpses of amazing play in the 3rd. Gotta love this young team, so fun to watch. They don't dive, they don't have stupid antics or stupid luck. They deserve all the good that happens to them.

He was instrumental in the 2 goals Sens scored though... and got 2 assists for that

Michalek was far from instrumental on those goals. The Chiasson one especially was all Alex.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The most realistic situation would be getting Vermette back in a Senators uniform. Send down Zibanejad and use him when needed.

The next 1-2 weeks will be rally interesting in terms of player moves. We will have eight healthy D when Methot is back. There is no way we dont move one to two bodies

I can't remember when Zibby becomes waiver eligible this year, it was either after 6,10 or 15 games

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I believe that it was deflected off of Boro but I could be wrong.

Pretty sure it did not deflect off a Boro. Boro was actually pretty far away from the puck and more focused on Jagr. Lehner had a very very clean look at the shot. Devils broadcast gave a really good view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad