The Devils came down to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenatorsHockey

Sweet hockey body
Jan 6, 2009
Ottawa
Such a rookie mistake for a veteran player like Legwand to make. We just needed to kill the penalty and get the game to the shootout..

Yes, Lehner could have saved that but the whole situation should have been avoided.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Getting a point is nice, but I still have no idea what Legwand was doing on that last play.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Made a nice play in our end, took it down to their blue line and stopped short... And coughed the puck up to Jagr for a breakaway .

Lehner had no chance

Jagr had the defender all over him (he was standing in the slot when Jagr crossed the blue line), it wasn't a breakaway, it was shoot all the way. Good scoring chance none the less.

Legwand tried to kill extra time by cutting back, but flubbed the pass on his backhand and it went right to the NJ player who passed it up to Jagr..

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
We got a point out of a team that hasnt played in a week, have to be rational about this one today.

We need to keep Ryan-Turris-Macarthur together, the team looks incredible when those guys are going. Now if only we could find a way to spark Zibanejad.

The kid like looked pretty good.
Didn't he play with Hoffman in Bingo?

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Wiercioch and Karlsson looked awesome together it makes clear sense for Phillips to be matched right back up with him.....

Wiercioch barely looks like an NHL player at this point. Handles the puck like a live grenade.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Even game. Couldve gone either way, so a point is just fine with me.

Nice to see MTR back together. Ryan is your best offensive forward, you dont play him out of position for others to fit, you put him in a spot to succeed and make others around him adjust.

I wouldnt mind Stone down on the third line with Hoffman getting a shot in the top 6. Not that Stone has played bad or done anything wrong, but the 2nd and 3rd line really havent been doing much (Zibanejad cough cough) so its time for some juggling.

Mac Turris Ryan
Hoffman Zibanejad Chiasson
Michalek Legwand Stone

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
We dont take those penalties we dont lose. Also Lehner looked pretty pissed he let that goal in

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Stop blaming Legwand. We got a bigger problem going forward... Zibby. I am all for sitting/ sending down/trading this guy in that order.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Frustrating game to say the least. They scratched out a point which is big and we will be thankful later.

- Legwand got greedy plain and simple, but I would say Lehner should have saved that shot
- Nice to see Turris, Mac and Ryan together they created chances on every shift
- more of the same from Lehner, some amazing saves - see overtime, and a ton of heart stopping moments

Overall I really like to make up of this team, they seem bigger, faster and always have that extra effort. I hope they don't lose that as they mature. We need some help on the backend though. I don't know who we can move on the team that will return legitimate talent. Do we have another Nick Foligno we can move for a Methot? I'm not too sure, maybe we do if we are really confident in a Puempel or Prince.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
A set of poor plays.

Legwand tried to keep the possession by passing to the far forward, got picked off. The defenseman maintained the gap but could have been much more aggressive, physical. Lehner has to stop that.

We got a point but a series of poor plays after a neutral zone turnover cost us a goal again....

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Good game guys. Your team is so much faster. Our team was gassed for most of the third and overtime. Somehow that penalty was unfortunate. If you guys got to the shoot out, it would be a win guaranteed for the Sens. We lost 14 in a row of those.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
The kid like looked pretty good.
Didn't he play with Hoffman in Bingo?

Kid as in Zib? If so I dont think Zib has played more then a handful in Binghamton so it should not make a difference.

Usually id be advocating to bring up Pageau but he is not doing to well either.

I know there was speculation Brunner may have been traded to the Senators in the off-season and with a game like that, I would rather have him in the line up and send Zibanejad to Bingo.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Stop blaming Legwand. We got a bigger problem going forward... Zibby. I am all for sitting/ sending down/trading this guy in that order.

Honestly, Lazar could probably get an audition there and play better, and Zib could go down to Bingo and have Robinson come up and get a cup of coffee on the wing.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Wiercioch, I can't trust, too awkward.

Karlsson, hit the ****ng net

Legwand, man, weak.

Turris, had 3 or 4 point blank chances, fanned on half them

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Frustrating game to say the least. They scratched out a point which is big and we will be thankful later.

- Legwand got greedy plain and simple, but I would say Lehner should have saved that shot
- Nice to see Turris, Mac and Ryan together they created chances on every shift
- more of the same from Lehner, some amazing saves - see overtime, and a ton of heart stopping moments

If it was pretty much anyone but Jagr.. I'd say Lehner should have had, but even a Lundquist would have trouble stopping that shot

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A set of poor plays.

Legwand tried to keep the possession by passing to the far forward, got picked off. The defenseman maintained the gap but could have been much more aggressive, physical. Lehner has to stop that.

We got a point but a series of poor plays after a neutral zone turnover cost us a goal again....

The problem I think was the defensman that was back was caught flat footed, and Lehner wasn't able to challange as much as he should have fearing the D was going to get walked. Your right that the D should have been more aggressive.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa

Oh yah. The 21 year old who has yet to cost us a game is the problem. Not the guy who just shat the bed.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Chiasson deserves to be on the 2nd line with this team

Well I think we're rolling lines pretty even so it wouldn't matter line numbers... But I would consider that our third line.

We are missing a top 6 center still really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad