The Captain is BACK!

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I think there are two camps in the Hawks fanbase with regard to Bowman. Those that are adamant he should be fired immediately and those that are indifferent. I'm still in the latter category, though I disagree with his moves sometimes I can see the logic usually. With the Jones move, not so much.

I think it's ambivalence rather than indifference.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Ah this stupid narrative again. Blackhawks's proof? My avatar and the fact that I don't cry like a child while calling Bowman a simp (such a moronic insult).

FYI - I said over a year ago I am fine with Bowman being fired.
So that brings the die hard Stan fans here to a whopping two.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can we change the thread title or just merge this into the off-season thread?

Everytime this thread is bumped I’m (foolishly) expecting some Toews news of return. The captain isn’t “back”. We have no idea if/when he’ll be ready to go this season and what capacity he’ll play at.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ill name the leaders of the pack
BK/CH10/AD
Lol.

I couldn't care less if Bowman is fired. It literally means nothing to me one way or the other. I have far more important things in my life to worry about than Stan Bowman and a sports organization that is purely for entertainment purposes. Your obsession with people on here continues to be downright disturbing, though.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Lol.

I couldn't care less if Bowman is fired. It literally means nothing to me one way or the other. I have far more important things in my life to worry about than Stan Bowman and a sports organization that is purely for entertainment purposes. Your obsession with people on here continues to be downright disturbing, though.

You are right no need to bother dealing with lower IQ minds, they just don’t comprehend the levels above. I like to think die hard fans take hockey a little more than just entertainment, its good that you confirm that this team’s success or failure makes no difference as that explains a lot, when you don’t care about the output then any move is fine, that’s part of the reason why your analytics of any move are poor at best yet you pretend to be a genius and ridicule anyone with an option different than yours. real fan right here ladies.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
You are right no need to bother dealing with lower IQ minds, they just don’t comprehend the levels above. I like to think die hard fans take hockey a little more than just entertainment, its good that you confirm that this team’s success or failure makes no difference as that explains a lot, when you don’t care about the output then any move is fine, that’s part of the reason why your analytics of any move are poor at best yet you pretend to be a genius and ridicule anyone with an option different than yours. real fan right here ladies.
Its actually really funny that you believe you're smart.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Lol. This entire board is now dumber for having to read this post.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Reactions: UncleElroy

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
But....being devil's advocate....does that refer to you or blackhawks?! On the internet everyone thinks they are smart. In real life it is another matter from my dealings.

Just checking..... lol!

Did you really have to ask? Lol. Look at any of my posts... then go through and read any of his. It should be pretty damn easy to make that determination. :laugh:

Reactions: Putt Pirate

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
But....being devil's advocate....does that refer to you or blackhawks?! On the internet everyone thinks they are smart. In real life it is another matter from my dealings.

Just checking..... lol!
It refers to everyone, about everything. Everyone has been guilty at one time or another.

Anyway, I saw a video of Toews skating with Cat yesterday in Hawks gear on Twitter. I've been trying to find it since.

Reactions: UncleElroy

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Did you really have to ask? Lol. Look at any of my posts... then go through and read any of his. It should be pretty damn easy to make that determination. :laugh:

We can’t look at your posts, you are so worried about people reading your history you made it private lol how pathetic

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We can’t look at your posts, you are so worried about people reading your history you made it private lol how pathetic

No, I'm pretty sure I made it private when some psycho decided to go full psycho on here, and bring up shit and make threats in real life because of some posting on the internet. And I'm pretty sure you can still read my posts... anyone else care to test? You really think I care about my posting history on here, and if people can read it? Lol. How old are you? JFC.

Reactions: Pez68

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Too many ad hominem attacks instead of reasoned arguments.

Nobody on this forum is ignorant of hockey regardless of their position on particular player or trade. People are passionate because they want the team to be as good as possible, and the ideas of how to go about it diverge.

I HATE the Seth Jones trade and contract. I don't think anybody who likes it has no concept of how to evaluate players. We simply disagree on what matters, and where the team is at, and what strategy they should take.

Likewise, I personally disagree with anybody who argues Toews was less important and impactful than Kane during the dynasty years. But it's not like arguing Kane was more important than Toews is the same as arguing Michal Rozsival was more important than Toews. We're arguing over small differences because we're passionate and the small differences matter to us.

In broad strokes, the truth is most of us agree on what we've seen of this team and where it is no... which makes for boring discussion. So we dive into the details and pick hills to die on in the minutea.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This forum is much more readable when you properly utilize a very common message board feature. Just leaving it at that.

When children throw tantrums, the worst thing you can do is give them attention for it. This applies to most of the internet.

Reactions: Crow and ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Too many ad hominem attacks instead of reasoned arguments.

Nobody on this forum is ignorant of hockey regardless of their position on particular player or trade. People are passionate because they want the team to be as good as possible, and the ideas of how to go about it diverge.

I HATE the Seth Jones trade and contract. I don't think anybody who likes it has no concept of how to evaluate players. We simply disagree on what matters, and where the team is at, and what strategy they should take.

Likewise, I personally disagree with anybody who argues Toews was less important and impactful than Kane during the dynasty years. But it's not like arguing Kane was more important than Toews is the same as arguing Michal Rozsival was more important than Toews. We're arguing over small differences because we're passionate and the small differences matter to us.

In broad strokes, the truth is most of us agree on what we've seen of this team and where it is no... which makes for boring discussion. So we dive into the details and pick hills to die on in the minutea.

Have you been fighting with Chief on it? I haven't been on twitter much. I get a chuckle when you argue with him.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This forum is much more readable when everyone puts everyone else on ignore except for me. It'd make all of your experiences a million times more pleasant.

Reactions: DesperateBeliever

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4