The Captain is BACK!

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Did you really have to ask? Lol. Look at any of my posts... then go through and read any of his. It should be pretty damn easy to make that determination. :laugh:
Just busting your chops a little. I take how people are online with a grain of salt for the most part. I assume when someone is smug and arrogant online….they are usually an idiot in real life with no friends to speak of. Because who would hang around such a dipshit? When people post like Blackhawks I hope they are just trying to get a rise out of people. Btw I find you in neither category.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Toews 'looks great' ahead of Blackhawks training camp, Murphy says

I wouldn’t begrudge Toews for a second if what I’m about to say is true. I wonder if he just went to the FO last offseason and basically said “My body is falling apart. Potentially staying in another bubble while playing 56 games is going to be too much on my body and I’m going to wear out. I’m going to take this season off, it’s during the pandemic and we’re not a playoff team anyway. Then when next season comes around I’ll have had basically an entire year to rest and recuperate and can be ready to go”.

Maybe Toews is just physically exhausted and playing hockey was just wearing him down while subsequently making it harder for his body to recover. Maybe that’s why they’re calling it “Chronic Immune” whatever, because Toews doesn’t have a specific ailment. It’s not long term COVID or cancer or whatever you knuckleheads were speculating about when this thread was first created. His body was too fatigued to repair itself and he needed a drastic amount of time off.

If this is the case I’m not exactly expecting a “resurgence” of Toews, but my secret fears of him returning only to be a shell of his former self are significantly alleviated. I don’t think this time off is going to lead to him being a 90pt elite 1C but if he can play at or around the level we got from him in the play-in’s and against Vegas then this team is on a great track and I’m going to be VERY excited about this season. Adding a 1/2C Toews to the IMO much-improved roster makes the Hawks a cant miss playoff team this season. Let’s go boys!

Also, I find it very silly that with all the bullshit contained on the last 4 or so pages of this thread, arguing about nonsense that had nothing to with Toews, I had to find this thread halfway down page 2 to bump it when there’s actual news relevant to Toews’ health and the Blackhawks. I have been a poster here for 10 years and the quality of content here has been very disappointing the last year and a half. I’m sure most of us being stuck at home and therefore on the computer with more free time is one of the culprits but the amount of negativity and bickering here can be Reddit-levels or obnoxious. I hope going into this exciting season there will be less personal attacks, that discussions here will be conversational instead of combative, and that everyone can take a chill pill. We’re all just dorks who love hockey too much, there’s no need to get angry.

Mellow out and let’s enjoy some hockey

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Toews 'looks great' ahead of Blackhawks training camp, Murphy says

I wouldn’t begrudge Toews for a second if what I’m about to say is true. I wonder if he just went to the FO last offseason and basically said “My body is falling apart. Potentially staying in another bubble while playing 56 games is going to be too much on my body and I’m going to wear out. I’m going to take this season off, it’s during the pandemic and we’re not a playoff team anyway. Then when next season comes around I’ll have had basically an entire year to rest and recuperate and can be ready to go”.

Maybe Toews is just physically exhausted and playing hockey was just wearing him down while subsequently making it harder for his body to recover. Maybe that’s why they’re calling it “Chronic Immune” whatever, because Toews doesn’t have a specific ailment. It’s not long term COVID or cancer or whatever you knuckleheads were speculating about when this thread was first created. His body was too fatigued to repair itself and he needed a drastic amount of time off.

If this is the case I’m not exactly expecting a “resurgence” of Toews, but my secret fears of him returning only to be a shell of his former self are significantly alleviated. I don’t think this time off is going to lead to him being a 90pt elite 1C but if he can play at or around the level we got from him in the play-in’s and against Vegas then this team is on a great track and I’m going to be VERY excited about this season. Adding a 1/2C Toews to the IMO much-improved roster makes the Hawks a cant miss playoff team this season. Let’s go boys!

Also, I find it very silly that with all the bullshit contained on the last 4 or so pages of this thread, arguing about nonsense that had nothing to with Toews, I had to find this thread halfway down page 2 to bump it when there’s actual news relevant to Toews’ health and the Blackhawks. I have been a poster here for 10 years and the quality of content here has been very disappointing the last year and a half. I’m sure most of us being stuck at home and therefore on the computer with more free time is one of the culprits but the amount of negativity and bickering here can be Reddit-levels or obnoxious. I hope going into this exciting season there will be less personal attacks, that discussions here will be conversational instead of combative, and that everyone can take a chill pill. We’re all just dorks who love hockey too much, there’s no need to get angry.

Mellow out and let’s enjoy some hockey

I don't know about your speculation, but I really hope Toews can come back, and be an effective top six center. Because that helps this team so much.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Toews they paid 8 years @$10.5 is supposed to have normally expected production arpundxan average of 68-75 points with 28-32 of those being goals and a good +/- of better than +20...

He will never bexa 90 points guy ..notceven 80......but if he produces to normal expected range as outlined above that would be Good Johnny.

Bad Johnny would be meh = about 65 points but ONLY between zero and +10....

Poor Johnny would be closer to Zero or negative in the plus/minus ...and only 20 -23 goals and less than 60 points.

Horrid Jonny would be Minis 10 or worse and just 50 points...(not acceptable for anyone @$20.5 per #1C.

Which Jony shows up?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The Toews they paid 8 years @$10.5 is supposed to have normally expected production arpundxan average of 68-75 points with 28-32 of those being goals and a good +/- of better than +20...

He will never bexa 90 points guy ..notceven 80......but if he produces to normal expected range as outlined above that would be Good Johnny.

Bad Johnny would be meh = about 65 points but ONLY between zero and +10....

Poor Johnny would be closer to Zero or negative in the plus/minus ...and only 20 -23 goals and less than 60 points.

Horrid Jonny would be Minis 10 or worse and just 50 points...(not acceptable for anyone @$20.5 per #1C.

Which Jony shows up?

Toews is the least of this team’s problems, let the guy be he is going through his own issues. One of the best two way player in the game that gets 70 points what else do you want? The real problem is the guys Stan put on his team or lost by his pathetic trades, the likes of Panarin, TT, Danaut, and his plethora of his garbage moves…

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Toews expectations if "normal" or "average /career reg. Season stats" =

62-63 pts....+15....plus faceoff impact...plus leadership impact + pk imoact(if given that role and IF he relishes it ratger than begrudge the extra duty and nails in the checking effort.

Question is at his age will JC over-tax hom with such onerous pk work ...or will he save him for more attack usexand sheltered o-zone starts?

If Toews tasked with shutdown checking rile plus pk work then IF he can still managec62 orc63cpiuntsxand orivude +15 at ES then I guess that will be fine .

However ifvhevisxtasked with getting closer to 75+points and energy saved from onerous shutdown and pk responsibility then can Johnny get 75+ pints? CAN that come without lowering plus /minus closer to zero than to +15 ir better we expect from him?

Johnnyvia never going to be a 90 points + elite production guy....alk we can ask isxtgat he orocidess a minimum of 28-32 goals...aroubdc65vpounts to 70 points and strong +/- of at least +15 ...

Achieving his "normal" would be the minimum acceptable from hom...

Where hitting his '!average: stats is fine as we should not expect sone great abnormal best of hisxwgike career production and/or plus/minus,it would not be fine... FOR any $10.5...if he made No big difference to winning by say slacking in checking assignments without some over-compensation by his offensive impact.

So if he cones out in the wash as just average ir meh and not much of a difference to winning then he might as well hang 'em up early ...or we shoukd trade hom if he drops his NMC.

Otherwise it shall be what if shall be for 2 more seasons (this one and next).

On the other hand, it is very hard to measure leadership impact...If Hawks win a lot he will get credit and they will say his very presence in the lineup inspired the Hawjs to do better.

But if he makes no big difference to winning,then the knives will bevout for an over tge cliff Johnny and a $19.5 albatross will be declared.

So a lot riding on how Johnny responds.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Laz wrote in a recent The Athletic article that Cap's been skating at Fifth Third Arena for more than two months now. So he isn't hiding or bed ridden like last year; which is obviously good.

So, how's he look? Someone must have seen him on the ice.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
upload_2021-9-13_16-17-53.png

Looking good!!

Reactions: G0AT and John Snow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad