The Cake Is A Lie. The Tank Is Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Well, honestly, odds are that at least a few of them will. I also wouldn't have bolded some of those teams... the Pens and Habs are miles ahead of us and their fate is irrelevant for Team Tank. Could also argue a Flyers win is good for the tankers... the Ducks are probably uncatchable the way they're playing. A Wild win would also be more useful than a Devils win because it makes any foolish notions of buying for the playoffs that much less likely. So lots of reason for optimism here as long as the Canucks lose an inspiring 5-3 game tonight.

We're so close to another bottom 5 finish...I can just feel it!

Oh I know I'm just highlighting every possible advantage we can get, as little as they may be. It's me being neurotic haha.

On the tank's front, Flyers is beating the ever loving PISS out of Ducks...and it's only been one period.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Hoping for a 7-5 loss and Petey gets 2 and 2 Boeser and Horvat a couple points to ! Be nice for Jake to have a big game with the hits and a few goals as well.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Really good day for the tank today. A loss to Calgary might shake loose those Sutter and Tanev trade offers.

It's indeed a good day so far. Colorado managed a point. LA got a point out of Boston. The four teams immediately above the Canucks in the league table all won. C'mon, Flames.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I think we get absolutely demolished without Edler back there. Tanev will struggle again with Gudbranson attached to his hip. So will Stecher (or anyone) with Pouliot.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I don't understand people that think it is so farfetched for us to finish in the bottom 5. There's basically the same number of points that separate us from a playoff spot to being in the bottom.

Reactions: Peter10

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
I don't understand people that think it is so farfetched for us to finish in the bottom 5. There's basically the same number of points that separate us from a playoff spot to being in the bottom.
next 5 games should help with this, Flames tonight, 2x SJS + going on the road to the Ducks & Kings, although knowing our luck we'll go 4-0-1 on the back of 7 points in 5 games from Louis friggin Eriksson or some other never before seen phenomena

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
aaaaaaand the Coyotes decided it'd be a good idea to concede twice in 30 seconds and now have 3 minutes to hold onto a 3-2 lead

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
The chances of us making the playoffs is very slim now that St Louis has 4 games above .500. We need to lose today in the worst possible manner to hurt this teams morale, and then tank all the way.

Reactions: Jack Burton

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The team's like 10 points out of last overall, but somehow people think the team's improved because they're higher in the rankings relatively speaking because the rest of the west is so damn bad. You'd think they'd be feasting on lower quality competition yet their stats are barely nudged up since this time last season. Yeah, some people just see what they want to see. Anyway, tank on.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Let's go tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wave:
giphy.gif

Reactions: mathonwy

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
All eyes on St. Louis tomorrow. Vancouver doesn't control its own destiny at the moment, not with STL's games in hand

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
On the one hand I wanted us to lose this game, but on the other hand seeing Markstrom develop into a true number one goaltender is nice to see. Here's hoping we lose the next one.

Reactions: mathonwy

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
St Louis and Chicago were sleeping bears.....up until recent. No idea how or why they’ve pulled a complete 180, but their resurgences could spell the end of Vancouver’s playoff hopes.

If St Louis and Chicago have turned back time, and it’s 2015 again, then even the top seeds (Jets, Flames, etc.) might be in a bit of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad